PDA

View Full Version : Clueless Liberal Editor's Hypocrisy Exposed On Daily Show

Safetyhit
01-14-12, 10:35
An astoundingly clear example of liberal hypocrisy. I don't watch the show, just found the clip on a politics website I check from time to time. This woman is willing to incriminate others for doing exactly what she did, yet when cornered she appears to be genuinely clueless as to her obvious guilt.

A remarkable, yet very tell-tale example of why you simply can't win with a liberal and definitely worth the watch.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/01/13/daily_show_exposes_liberal_columnists_hypocrisy_on_civil_discourse.html

Belmont31R
01-14-12, 10:55
This type of stuff happens time and time again. Part of the liberal play book...accuse your opposition of what you're doing yourself.

WillBrink
01-14-12, 11:15
An astoundingly clear example of liberal hypocrisy.

'Cause the conservative end can't be shown to do the same thing in spades? Yes, he really showed her to be the hypocrite she is, and did it well, but it's not a liberal failing by any stretch. Just sayin' :cool:

My favorite examples of D bags of hypocrisy are those who are anti Gun with a CCW. How do those people look in the mirror every day?

Boggles the mind...

DeltaSierra
01-14-12, 11:34
...but it's not a liberal failing by any stretch. Just sayin'...

Precisely put.

If I had the desire, I could prove the same point, but with actual clips from Bill O'Really, Glenn Speck and Sean Insannity (yes, those were intentional misspellings...)

Safetyhit
01-14-12, 11:42
'Cause the conservative end can't be shown to do the same thing in spades? Yes, he really showed her to be the hypocrite she is, and did it well, but it's not a liberal failing by any stretch.

Maybe, but it's far more prevalent on the left. Way, way more so in fact. If I have to clarify then I suggest you haven't been paying full attention, because just the recent examples out there are as endless as they are disturbing.

WillBrink
01-14-12, 11:52
Maybe, but it's far more prevalent on the left. Way, way more so in fact.

The term "fact" = objective support in my view. There's no lack of hypocrisy to go around on either end of the spectrum. I dislike hypocrisy regardless of its ideological/political leanings.

If you feel "it's far more prevalent on the left," that's your perception and you're welcome to it. ;)

Hmac
01-14-12, 11:52
An astoundingly clear example of liberal hypocrisy. I don't watch the show, just found the clip on a politics website I check from time to time. This woman is willing to incriminate others for doing exactly what she did, yet when cornered she appears to be genuinely clueless as to her obvious guilt.

A remarkable, yet very tell-tale example of why you simply can't win with a liberal and definitely worth the watch.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/01/13/daily_show_exposes_liberal_columnists_hypocrisy_on_civil_discourse.html

Man, that is just too classic to be true. The lack of insight is truly astonishing. I went looking around the web for some indication that the whole interview was some kind of satire, but it appears to be the real deal. Froma Harrop herself said..."a lot of my careful reasoning ended up on the cutting room floor, but overall it was fun".

Palmguy
01-14-12, 11:59
Awesome vid.

Precisely put.

If I had the desire, I could prove the same point, but with actual clips from Bill O'Really, Glenn Speck and Sean Insannity (yes, those were intentional misspellings...)

Clever.

Heavy Metal
01-14-12, 12:29
Precisely put.

I doubt that. I don't think you actually bothered to watch the video.

DeltaSierra
01-14-12, 12:38
I doubt that. I don't think you actually bothered to watch the video.

Yeah, I did watch the video, and it was slightly less entertaining than watching FOX News...

tb-av
01-14-12, 12:44
My favorite examples of D bags of hypocrisy are those who are anti Gun with a CCW.

LOL, I'm convinced 50% of the population is insane and the other 50% live their lives trying to rationalize it thus becoming part of it.

Safetyhit
01-14-12, 12:50
Yeah, I did watch the video, and it was slightly less entertaining than watching FOX News...

FOX is slanted to the right, but they are nowhere in the general vicinity of the rest of the MSM when it comes to phony hypocrisy. Show me the FOX equivalent of ignoring the Solyndra decision, ignoring fast and furious, ignoring Reverend Wright, white washing Van Jones, ignoring firearm crime stats, etc, etc. The list is as endless as it is frustrating.

There is absolutely no comparison between the two.

The_War_Wagon
01-14-12, 13:55
LIBTARD... thy name is, "STOOPID"... :rolleyes:

montanadave
01-14-12, 14:01
The media, every goddam one of 'em from one end of the political spectrum to the other, are in business to make money, not to objectively report the facts. They sell content carefully selected and packaged for their viewers which generates advertising revenue based on market share.

The sooner folks get over the ridiculous notion that "this network is more accurate or more objective or 'fair and balanced' than the other network" and accept that it's about money, not news, the sooner folks can start learning to do their own research, their own analysis, and employ their own atrophied critical thinking skills to discern what the **** is actually going on.

I watch a variety of news shows not to get informed but simply to be entertained by the hyperbolic reactions and spin EVERYBODY tries to put on actual events.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-14-12, 14:18
Most reporters are liberal, which in their world makes conservative ideas seem even less 'mainstream' even though 'conservative' is the most common label people identify with in the general population . If more reporters are liberal, you'll end up with more twits like this than the other way around.

Low Drag
01-14-12, 15:36
The term "fact" = objective support in my view. There's no lack of hypocrisy to go around on either end of the spectrum. I dislike hypocrisy regardless of its ideological/political leanings.

If you feel "it's far more prevalent on the left," that's your perception and you're welcome to it. ;)

In many of the cases shown (and shows I've actually seen on Fox or others) there was passionate/robust debate and in some cases it got loud as shown in the clip. HOWEVER, that is a far cry from what the woman in that clip did. The left has been doing this for a very long time. If you're going to demand proof with dates, times, shows etc I can't. Anyone that has been paying attention has seen it. Not to mention the so-called left's support/demand for gun control yet they always want to have armed security around.

I burned a vacation day to attend a Tax day protest in 2009, the beginnings of the Tea Party. Guess I'm a terrorist.

Also keep in mind, there is and should be a very broad distinct line between editorial/opinion and reporting.

montanadave
01-14-12, 15:48
Also keep in mind, there is and should be a very broad distinct line between editorial/opinion and reporting.

It is arguable whether such a line ever actually existed anywhere but in theory but it is so far in the rear view mirror today as to be non-exisent.

DeltaSierra
01-14-12, 16:15
I can't remember when the last time I heard actual reporting being done on any side of the political spectrum, rather than the mindless bias being spewed for the benefit of some multi-national corporations that make up the "news" today...

Any time that opinion or interpretation is interjected into the news, it turns the news into biased propaganda.

It is arguable whether such a line ever actually existed anywhere but in theory but it is so far in the rear view mirror today as to be non-exisent.

WillBrink
01-14-12, 16:40
In many of the cases shown (and shows I've actually seen on Fox or others) there was passionate/robust debate and in some cases it got loud as shown in the clip.

And much of it is unfounded, emotional, vitriol garbage.

HOWEVER, that is a far cry from what the woman in that clip did. The left has been doing this for a very long time.

As has the far right. Par for the course on the extreme ends.

If you're going to demand proof with dates, times, shows etc I can't. Anyone that has been paying attention has seen it.

Yup, have seen it, on both sides of the spectrum.

Not to mention the so-called left's support/demand for gun control yet they always want to have armed security around.

See my comments above. Some of them even have a CCW. That makes them lower then whale shit in my view.

I burned a vacation day to attend a Tax day protest in 2009, the beginnings of the Tea Party. Guess I'm a terrorist.

Of course. Extremes on both ends of the spectrum cross that line all the time. If you think it's a habit of the left, it's not I who is failing to see what's going on out there my friend.

Grizzly16
01-14-12, 16:46
FOX is slanted to the right, but they are nowhere in the general vicinity of the rest of the MSM when it comes to phony hypocrisy. Show me the FOX equivalent of ignoring the Solyndra decision, ignoring fast and furious, ignoring Reverend Wright, white washing Van Jones, ignoring firearm crime stats, etc, etc. The list is as endless as it is frustrating.

There is absolutely no comparison between the two.

I'd say their handling aka ignoring Ron Paul's success in straw polls is a pretty clear indicator of their twisted bias.

Heavy Metal
01-14-12, 17:01

.....except the Talk Show Hosts on Fox do NOT pass themselves off as unbiased like the hypocritical woman in the Jon Stewart clip.

Hannity freely admits what he is and does not pretend to be a wolf in sheeps clothing, nothink like this woman in question.

She is a real piece of work, a real hypocrite hoist on her own pertard.

Low Drag
01-14-12, 17:05
If you think it's a habit of the left, it's not I who is failing to see what's going on out there my friend.

It is a habit of the left when they claim to REPORT the news, it's easy to spot with adjectives they use or the photo they pick out for a "news piece". (Remember the news media is dominated by the so-called left)

Heavy Metal
01-14-12, 17:09
Remember MSNBC deliberately altering the video at the Tea Party rally where the black man was carrying the rifle? They blew up the footage till you couldn't see his color and then Cuntessa Brewer IIRC, started bashing the Tea Party for being made up of a bunch of rasicsts, white gun freaks!

Fox, on their worst day, has not done anything that remotely dishonest.

DeltaSierra
01-14-12, 17:19
Remember MSNBC deliberately altering the video at the Tea Party rally where the black man was carrying the rifle? They blew up the footage till you couldn't see his color and then Cuntessa Brewer IIRC, started bashing the Tea Party for being made up of a bunch of rasicsts, white gun freaks!

Fox, on their worst day, has not done anything that remotely dishonest.

Oh, yeah.... I guess this doesn't count...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDvrMndbr70

Heavy Metal
01-14-12, 17:30
Ok, in one case, some copy editor mixed-up Cyrilic (a Greek Derived Alphabet) and actual Greek on some file footage on a foreign event of trivial importance to the average American.

The on the other hand we have a cabal willfully and deliberately caught red-handed lying about a major american political movement.

It is kind of like tyring to achieve moral equivelance by saying both the US and Japan engaged in war atrocities in WWII. While techincally true, the Japanese comitted more by many multiple orders of magnitude. One it was an exception and the other had it as a matter of policy.

Kind of like Democrat Vote Fraud. I am sure at some remote instance in time some Republicans comitted vote fraud but in orders of magnitude less than the Democrats. Polls being held open late in Democratic districts, Heavy Democrat districts reporting late in close elections, same districts having more votes counted than the number of residents shown on the tax records, the dead voting, voting machines ending up in lake Michigan, ballot boxes being stuffed in Texas electing Lyndon Johnson Senator etc....the examples are legion.

DeltaSierra
01-14-12, 17:42
You have got to be joking.

(edit - Information on this case was wrong...)

As far as the video I posted, any retard with a half of a brain can figure out the differences between Greek and Russian. If you can't tell the difference, you shouldn't be doing anything but flipping burgers.

You have just proved what I wanted you to prove. If the side that you happen to support lies, it was a "mistake" but if your enemy lies, it is a widespread conspiracy...

Thanks for proving my point!

Heavy Metal
01-14-12, 17:51

In my state, the Attorney General is currently investigating charges of voting fraud by Republicans - not Democrats, but Republicans.

As far as the video I posted, any retard with a half of a brain can figure out the differences between Greek and Russian. If you can't tell the difference, you shouldn't be doing anything but flipping burgers.

You have just proved what I wanted you to prove. If the side that you happen to support lies, it was a "mistake" but if your enemy lies, it is a widespread conspiracy...

What motivation would Fox news have to lie about an obscure event in Russia?

Why don't you provide a link to your vote fraud story?

DeltaSierra
01-14-12, 18:02
What motivation would Fox news have to lie about an obscure event in Russia?

Why don't you provide a link to your vote fraud story?

Because, it might just so happen to be in the interest of the political elite to smear Russia? They've tried nasty tricks like that before...

As for a link, I am amazed by how many people think that everything needs to be verified by the all powerful "link." Anyone can run a website (should I post a link to the Huffington Post? They are respectable journalists, right?) and a link doesn't prove anything. Knowledge is possible outside of the internet, especially when one has local sources....

Of course, the newspaper that ran a story on this is probably the most unreliable paper known to man, but here is a link to their site....

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120112/NEWS0605/701129979

Heavy Metal
01-14-12, 18:05
Oh, here is my link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

Heavy Metal
01-14-12, 18:09
Because, it might just so happen to be in the interest of the political elite to smear Russia? They've tried nasty tricks like that before...

I guess Fox News is just another tool of the Obama Foreign Policy...either that or somebody mixed-up footage of an obscure foreign riot.....hmmmm....what does Occam's Razor say?

As for a link, I am amazed by how many people think that everything needs to be verified by the all powerful "link." Anyone can run a website (should I post a link to the Huffington Post? They are respectable journalists, right?) and a link doesn't prove anything. Knowledge is possible outside of the internet, especially when one has local sources....

Of course, the newspaper that ran a story on this is probably the most unreliable paper known to man, but here is a link to their site....

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120112/NEWS0605/701129979

The reason we need links is because people like you tend to misrepresent what you are trying to claim. From your Article which is enitrely sufficient, despite the source:

MANCHESTER - The New Hampshire Attorney General has launched a comprehensive review of state voting procedures, after people obtained ballots of dead voters during the presidential primary on Tuesday.

No fraudulent votes were actually cast. But in nine instances, clerks readily handed over ballots after a would-be voter implied he was the city resident, recently deceased, still listed on the voter checklist, according to a video posted on the Internet.

After receiving the ballot, the person departed without voting.

The video was produced and posted by Project Veritas, a national organization that has snared ACORN, National Public Radio and others in clandestine video recordings.

The story is about an activist, not affiliated with the Republican party, trying to DELIBERATELY prove how easy it is to fradulently vote, he did NOT attempt to execute a fradulent vote BTW.

What you originally claimed above:

In my state, the Attorney General is currently investigating charges of voting fraud by Republicans - not Democrats, but Republicans.

You are attempting to deflect, obfuscate and just plain lie to maintain your chimera of moral equivleance when there is none.

Every claim I made needs no embellishment, they stand on their own, all you need do is click on the links and watch with an open mind.

DeltaSierra
01-14-12, 18:13
Oh, here is my link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

I think you are totally misunderstanding my point. My point is that ALL the mainstream media has an agenda. I know full well that the left twists things, and my point is that the far right is no better.

I guess Fox News is just another tool of the Obama Foreign Policy...

The reason we need links is because people like you tend to misrepresent what you are trying to claim. From your Article:

The story is about an activist, not affiliated with the Republican party, trying to DELIBERATELY prove how easy it is to fradulently vote, he did NOT attempt to execute a fradulent vote BTW.

What you originally claimed above:

You are attempting to diflect, obfuscate and just plain lie to maintain your chimera of moral equivleance when there is none.

No, I actually made an honest mistake. I just got done watching the video myself, and it was a different from what I had been told.

Got it?

nobody knows
01-14-12, 18:24

And you proved to be the stereo type of the typical lib-whack job. I would have never guessed you where from the north east:rolleyes:

As has been stated already the two incidents are completely different, even the video you linked stated it could have been an innocent mistake, of course they didn't think so. But this is a fact I could give a shit less about some petty back-n-forth between to parties in whatever country that was in. What I do care about is, what is happening in my country. Especially wen It's painting all conservative gun owner's as racists. Weather your a dem or a republican you should care as well.

Safetyhit
01-14-12, 18:56

Unfortunately your example has all of a micron of overall importance when compared to the massive amount of propaganda spewed from the left.

But if you really want to make comparisons, how about you give just one example of blatant haters like Van Jones or Rev Wright getting a free pass from the right? Here's you chance to set the record straight, please don't disappoint.

glocktogo
01-14-12, 19:55
I can't remember when the last time I heard actual reporting being done on any side of the political spectrum, rather than the mindless bias being spewed for the benefit of some multi-national corporations that make up the "news" today...

Any time that opinion or interpretation is interjected into the news, it turns the news into biased propaganda.

Exactly. At some point, ALL news media outlets interject hypotheticals, opinions, talking heads, etc., to skew the facts or "interpret" them for their less than intelligent audience. The moment they do that, they went from news reporting to punditry. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw an honest, actual news report on a major news outlet. :(

Gramps
01-14-12, 21:06
He just proved a point.
YOU CAN'T HAVE A BATTLE OF WITTS, WITH AN UNARMED PERSON"! She was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unarmed.

Low Drag
01-14-12, 22:56
Guys, be extra nice to the left leaning types here.........

Think how hard it is to be a dem and be pro gun. :D

mkmckinley
01-15-12, 21:05
http://i.imgur.com/2UmCH.png

mkmckinley
01-15-12, 21:13
http://i.imgur.com/SLWd0.jpg

CarlosDJackal
01-15-12, 22:48
I've never been a big fan of Job Stewart, but that was freaking hilarious!! :haha:

toasterlocker
01-16-12, 00:40
People love to point out that reporters tend to be liberal while ignoring the fact that editors and the actual OWNERSHIP of media sources tend to be conservative. But none of that is really relevant to the actual problem...

When it comes down to it, all forms of mass media are BUSINESSES, and businesses are about making money. And despite any lip service paid to ideas of ethics in journalism, the bottom line will always come first. If that means slanting one way or the other to get a bigger piece of the market share, they will do it.

But the whole left/right slant argument is tired and ridiculous because it ignores actual specific problems with reporting and news coverage, and instead makes generalizations without addressing the actual issues. Which is precisely the same problem we run in to with our two major political parties. Instead of examining our problems as a country, we fall into the same old "us vs. them" routine that changes nothing and strengthens the status quo.

Anyone who doesn't see the hypocrisy on both sides of the coin is missing the bigger picture. If you don't see talking heads like Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck doing the exact same things, you aren't paying attention. Arguing which side is a worse offender doesn't prove or fix anything, it only serves to continue the same ridiculous game.

variablebinary
01-16-12, 03:38
MSNBC is not a complete shitbag network. Mostly, but not completely.

An example being The Dylan Ratigan Show which tends to go after government as an entity instead of an ideological faction.

Chuck Todd at times also tries to maintain a stance of a political analyst instead of Dem hack. He changed quite a bit after Tim Russert passed.

The night crew of drooling Matthews, that dude Rachel, and fat slob Schultz is what people most know about MSNBC.

GermanSynergy
01-16-12, 07:51
MSNBC puts Pravda to shame with it's constant America hating theme. Maddow, Schultz and Olbermann would be right at home in Stalin's USSR.

warpigM-4
01-16-12, 09:21
I always skip the daily show and watch the Colbert report I love that show

Heavy Metal
01-16-12, 11:07
Anyone who doesn't see the hypocrisy on both sides of the coin is missing the bigger picture. If you don't see talking heads like Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck doing the exact same things, you aren't paying attention. Arguing which side is a worse offender doesn't prove or fix anything, it only serves to continue the same ridiculous game.

No, you are missing the point. Except O'Reily who I don't know what he is other than an opinionated, know-knowthing jackass, admit their bias. Rush Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck will freely admit they are conservatives where Contessa Brewer, Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow and Keith Olberman like to pretent they are unbiased and objective when clearly they represent the radical left.

It isn't the same and repetition of the same tired arguments wont make it so.

Safetyhit
01-16-12, 11:58
It isn't the same and repetition of the same tired arguments wont make it so.

All of that was very well said. It's astounding that any of this even has to be explained to anyone at this point.

Using examples like Hannity or Beck would be comparable to me complaining about Maddow and Schultz, however just doing that overlooks entire networks that covertly ignored or white-washed very big and also very newsworthy stories. In fact it was specifically their glossing over of Obama that led to the mess we are in today.

WillBrink
01-16-12, 13:34
Guys, be extra nice to the left leaning types here.........

Think how hard it is to be a dem and be pro gun. :D

Just so it's on record, I'm neither a Dem or left leaning. I'm socially "liberal" and fiscally "conservative" which is much more like an old school Repub, or modern Libertarian type perhaps

I vote on issues, not party line, and voted neither Dem or GOP last time, and doubt I will this time, but I'll see how it plays out in the coming months.