PDA

View Full Version : PWS MK110 or ADCOR B.E.A.R. 10.5"

sinlessorrow
01-14-12, 23:10
so im trying to decide which of these two SBR uppers i should get.

now before yall say stick with DI, i have a few of those and just want a piston because.

so with that out of the way which should i get? the PWS is a pretty straight forward AK style piston while the ADCOR ads some very cool things to the AR platform

Vapor Trail
01-15-12, 00:10
my vote's for the Adcor. They've done some very innovative things, support the company and maybe they'll get even better. I like that forward charging handle, among other things. Free-float barrel too.

viperashes
01-15-12, 01:50
I'll expand on my answer that I posted on TOS. The PWS system has been proven, the ADCOR, not so much. I highly doubt that any PWS uppers have been issued to ANYONE in the desert other than civilian contractors, but no service members that I know of have used them. Either way, great system with the PWS.

I see the biggest advantage to the BEAR being it's greatest weakness. The forward charging handle, which seems to be why there is such a draw to it. Just like the ACR, the forward charging handle can get stuffed behind or under any accessories that you put on the forend to make using it a pain in the ass or down right unusable. It's gimmicky and novelty at best. It may work great, but it's still novelty.

As I said in your other thread, I haven't used the ADCOR, so I can't speak for or against it from personal experience. The ADCOR seems like a far more complex system than the PWS is, as the PWS MK1 guns run essentially just like a DI system, except with a piston.

I think the ADCOR is a little more expensive than the PWS, and you're really not going to see any more benefit in the ADCOR than you are over any other piston system. If price was no factor, I'm fairly certain I would still go with the PWS out of the two.

Sigfan24
01-28-12, 19:14
My PWS Mk114 has run like a top right out of the box with zero lubrication and a steady diet of steel cased ammunition. The 7.62x39 diablo I shot functioned 100% with junk Tula HP ammo. I would recommend PWS very highly!

bugeyes
02-02-12, 08:59
My PWS Mk114 has run like a top right out of the box with zero lubrication and a steady diet of steel cased ammunition. The 7.62x39 diablo I shot functioned 100% with junk Tula HP ammo. I would recommend PWS very highly!

+1 for PWS.