PDA

View Full Version : I need help choosing a complete AR lower to finish my build

ak74auto
01-15-12, 00:41
I have a nice 6.8spc Upper that sometimes sits on my Bushy M-4 lower, but I want to get a dedicated lower for it. . Do you guys have any suggestions? I am currently leaning towards a M-4 style lower because of LOP adjustability,and ease of movement in and out of deer stands. My 6.8will mainly be for hunting, but I plan on shooting it out 600yd's or so when time permits.

Thanks
Signed,
Joseph

skyugo
01-15-12, 00:58
BCM complete lowers are nice. The blem ones are very reasonably priced too, g and r tactical has them.

Iraqgunz
01-15-12, 01:02
Most any lower will be sufficient- Noveske, LMT, Daniel Defense, Bravo Company just to name a few. You simply need to figure out what you want.

ak74auto
01-15-12, 01:16
Just a basic lower with a decent trigger.

308sako
01-15-12, 09:20
Any in spec lower will do what you need the lower to do. However, to shoot accurately to longer ranges a HIGH QUALITY trigger is what you should be thinking about.

Recommendation for that is the Giessele high seed match unit.

LowandLeft
01-15-12, 14:46
From what I understand the lower receiver is one of the least strained parts of an AR. That being said I wouldn't skimp on it, so the above mentioned brand should be sufficient. My personal preference for fit and finish would be MEGA. Small batches of excellent quality! If you're on a budget get a blem Noveske (RainierArms) or a blem BCM (GandR) and get a good trigger.

VLODPG
01-15-12, 18:42
As far as a lower, any will do as long as it is in spec.

As for a lower to use on your 6.8 build, I am partal to Noveske & S&W (there may be other out there)lowers as they do not have the silly "MULTI" markings!

For me,If it is going to have cal markings, It will either match the actual round or be unmarked.

WTF caliber is "MULTI"?

ak74auto
01-15-12, 20:00
As far as a lower, any will do as long as it is in spec.

As for a lower to use on your 6.8 build, I am partal to Noveske & S&W (there may be other out there)lowers as they do not have the silly "MULTI" markings!

For me,If it is going to have cal markings, It will either match the actual round or be unmarked.

WTF caliber is "MULTI"?

Thanks guys!