PDA

View Full Version : looking for a FNC sear

Wellcraft
01-16-12, 12:39
anyone know where i can find a FNC sear for under 3 grand? i'm thinking of converting my FNC to full auto. i've found three sources that have sears but they want between 3 grand and 3500. i was hoping to find one for a better price than those especially considering there are more sears than FNC rifles.

SHIVAN
01-16-12, 12:51
Under $3k is going to be tough, right? I mean it's not like they are setting prices in a vaccum.

$3250 - https://www.ssgtactical.com/store/default.asp?action=cat&id=2

scottryan
01-16-12, 14:31
anyone know where i can find a FNC sear for under 3 grand? i'm thinking of converting my FNC to full auto. i've found three sources that have sears but they want between 3 grand and 3500. i was hoping to find one for a better price than those especially considering there are more sears than FNC rifles.

Not going to happen.

JoshNC
01-16-12, 14:57
I agree with Shivan and Scott. You may find one for just at $3k on Sturm if you look for awhile. I haven't seen a sub-$3k FNC sear since Jim Banks (works with Norrell) was selling them in lots of ten for $2500 each back around 2004 or 2005.

motoduck
01-17-12, 11:33
It is doubtfull you will find a sear for less than 3K unless you find someone local (friend of a friend) that needs some cash. Less than 3K is not a realistic expectation. FYI here is a link you find interesting

http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/sears_3.html

KalashniKEV
01-17-12, 15:48
It is doubtfull you will find a sear for less than 3K unless you find someone local (friend of a friend) that needs some cash. Less than 3K is not a realistic expectation. FYI here is a link you find interesting

http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/sears_3.html

That chart you linked actually shows the average price at $2900.

I'll be the naysayer... I think he can do it if he keeps his eyes peeled. He might have to find the owner of a sear though and talk him into it.

motoduck
01-18-12, 05:57
That chart you linked actually shows the average price at $2900.

The C3 world is a funny animal. I am aware of what the chart says but the reality is a little different. Most people who own Machine Guns don't want to part with them (hard to get, expensive, cool, exclusive, investment, etc...the list is long). As with most "scarce" items prices have risen exponentialy and many look at this as an "investment".

So in general, what you have is something people don't want to part with and if they do, they want to make money on it. "Deals" are tough to come by. I am not saying you can't find one but if you do do it is the exception. I would garentee a a FNC sear posted on Sturmgewehr or Subguns for $2900 would be sold in minutes.

KalashniKEV
01-18-12, 09:12
I would garentee a a FNC sear posted on Sturmgewehr or Subguns for $2900 would be sold in minutes.

Agree with all above... but apparently that's exactly what someone did in October.

...and at $2600 last summer.

This sear chart is also more "pure" than the other data represented on that site because some of the astronomical data points, I believe, may include, mags, ammo, etc...

I don't know about FNC sears specifically, but most people who cite machinegunpriceguide.com beat the chart by a few hundred dollars. I did.

I don't see my datapoint on there though...

Wellcraft
01-21-12, 21:32
i posted a WTB add on a couple of different boards and a guy named Paul DiCataldo from Woods Armament LLC located in ST Petersburg FL responded and offered to sell me a FNC sear on a form 3 for 2850. Is anyone familiar with this guy or ever done business with him? 2850 sounds like a great price but it could also be a scammer since i do believe if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

motoduck
01-23-12, 08:12
I don't know anything about
Paul DiCataldo from Woods Armament LLC located in ST Petersburg FL but you could atleast check that Woods Armament LLC is a current FFL holder.
https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

You could ask the FFL/SOT that you would use for the transfer to call and ask some detailed questions? Good luck, hope it works out in your favor.