PDA

View Full Version : Stock Noveske Trigger?

Wake27
01-16-12, 18:13
I couldn't find anything less than a few years old in my search, hopefully I didn't miss it.

I'm wondering how the stock Noveske trigger compares to something along the lines of a Geissele... The old threads I read said it was a Stag model, but I don't feel like that's current. Mine is pretty awesome already, but I only have experience with mil-spec Colts to compare it too. Anyone used both? Of all the features listed on their website, I never saw anything about the triggers they use. FWIW, my Noveske is almost brand new, got it in November and its got the Gen 2 forged lower.

mpom
01-16-12, 19:55
A good friend bought a Noveske carbine. FCG is typical mil spec, no different than Colt, etc. 6-7 lbs pull, camming back hammer till it drops. Single stage, somewhat rough, nothing like Geissele...
Friend installed a JP with black hammer spring; crisp 4 lb pull, no overtravel, short reset.

samuse
01-16-12, 21:46
I have one and it's marked F1.

Worst trigger I've ever felt.

Hmac
01-16-12, 21:57
I ordered my Noveske with a Giessele installed for $150. I don't know if they still do that but you could call.

nml
01-17-12, 00:44
If you like your GI trigger I really wouldn't bother. Cost to benefits and all.

Javelin
01-17-12, 01:28
I agree with the GI Trigger. I like the GI Trigger but many don't. Maybe one day I will install a better one in my 300BLK but for my hard use carbines I just don't have the real motivation to drop $150 for it.

buckjay
01-17-12, 01:57
Noveske uses CMT/Stag LPK so the old threads you read are still correct.

But if it feels awesome then there's no need to fix anything, is there?

M4Fundi
01-17-12, 02:09
My Noveske felt like any other single stage, long, heavy with a couple of gritty spots...gets better with a few hundred pulls, but is nothing special.

Geissele is something special!

JW1069
01-29-12, 17:48
I actually liked the Noveske single stage trigger a little more than the BCM triggers, but none of those can compare to a Giessele SSA. Whether the upgrade is worth it to you depends on your budget/preferences.

krisjon
01-29-12, 17:58
When you can, go Geissele and never look back.

panzerr
01-29-12, 18:08
When you can, go Geissele and never look back.

I've got a Geissele SSA sitting in a parts box somewhere and stock triggers installed on my Noveske GPR and MK18 with no plans on going back.

Geissele are nice, but absolutely not necessary.

krisjon
01-29-12, 18:20
I've got a Geissele SSA sitting in a parts box somewhere and stock triggers installed on my Noveske GPR and MK18 with no plans on going back.

Geissele are nice, but absolutely not necessary.

True. There are plenty of people like yourself who luck out and get a stock trigger that's relatively smooth and performs well. Mine wasn't horrible, but the Geissele was a very noticeable upgrade - YMMV.