PDA

View Full Version : 10.5" LMT MRP question

superthumbs
01-16-12, 18:36
Hoping to find a little clarification:

If I already have a 16" LMT MRP CQB and I want to purchase the 10.5" barrel for this rifle, what's the correct process?

Do I treat this as if I am purchasing an SBR upper and first engrave and register my lower, then purchase the barrel? Or can I simply purchase the barrel from LMT while they are in stock, store it at a separate location than my rifle, then start the process of registering my lower?

I guess I'm also wondering if LMT would even send me the barrel since I don't have a legal lower for it yet.

ALCOAR
01-16-12, 18:45
LMT or any of their dealers will sell you a 10.5" MRP CQB complete upper or just a 10.5" MRP barrel whenever you want.....it's just your obligation to store it in another location until you finalize the SBR process on the lower that you decide to do it with.

So just go ahead and start the SBR process on the lower, go ahead whenever and order your barrel, and when it arrives just be sure to store it at another location until everything is kosher.

Congratulations on picking easily one of my favorite weapons of all time....I have many ARs, and other various rifles and handguns, but no questions asked, My MRP CQB 10.5" with BH's 5.56 50gr. TSX is what will protect my home and my family. You'll love it when it all comes together, just take the proper precautions to do it the right way.

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/trident1982/DSC03276-1.jpg

superthumbs
01-16-12, 18:53
Thanks for the quick response TRIDENT.....HOLY MOTHER your rifle is beautiful!

ALCOAR
01-16-12, 19:20
My pleasure and thanks for the kind words.

Can't wait to see how it turns out, along with seeing the mandatory pictures that you have to post when it's completed;)