PDA

View Full Version : Form 1 fingerprint cards????

rjacobs
01-17-12, 13:33
I guess I should have asked this before sending everything off last week, but I didnt think it was a big deal, but now I am reading some stuff that has me a bit worried, probably for no reason.

Got my fingerprints done at the local sheriff office. They used the FBI FD258 cards(latest revision) that they had as per the instructions sheet of the Form 1(the guy went on the FBI website to make sure they had the latest revision). Filled everything out and under "reason fingerprinted" the deputy wrote "firearm registration". The instruction sheet doesnt say you can only use the ATF specific form or that you need to write anything special on the cards.

Some people are saying if you dont use the FD258 that the ATF will send you(which I guess has some ATF info pre-printed on it), your forms will be denied. Is there any truth to this or as long as its on an FD258 fingerprint card, its all good?

BCmJUnKie
01-17-12, 13:45
I know it has to be the FBI cards that are supplied in the Form 1 Packet.

I think youre worrying to much.

Also I think that even if your forms are sent back to you, it doesnt go to the "Bottom of the pile".

Why havent you called them and ask?

BATFE
1-304-616-4500

az doug
01-17-12, 14:17
There are only two fingerprint cards used by law enforcement. The red one used when someone is arrested. The blue one used when someone is applying for something. Obviously they revise these from time to time, but the color and purpose remains the same. You can get the cards from many sources, but when submitting them to the ATF you must enter the ATF's ORI information in the ORI box.

rjacobs
01-17-12, 14:22
I know it has to be the FBI cards that are supplied in the Form 1 Packet.

I think youre worrying to much.

Also I think that even if your forms are sent back to you, it doesnt go to the "Bottom of the pile".

Why havent you called them and ask?

BATFE
1-304-616-4500

I did not get anything in a packet from the ATF. I printed the Form1 off the website(double sided as per the instructions). The cards were the correct cards as per the instruction sheet on the Form 1, but not ATF specific.

There are only two fingerprint cards used by law enforcement. The red one used when someone is arrested. The blue one used when someone is applying for something. Obviously they revise these from time to time, but the color and purpose remains the same. You can get the cards from many sources, but when submitting them to the ATF you must enter the ATF's ORI information in the ORI box.

Yea, definitely did not put anything in the ORI box, its completely blank(made copies of everything I submitted). Is this going to be a problem or will the examiner simply write the ATF info in? Or will they send me everything back and then I would need to fill it in and send it back.

I am going to call them in a bit and ask.

rjacobs
01-17-12, 14:48
Just talked to a lady at the NFA branch and she said its not a big deal if its blank, they will just stamp it with their info. She said its not good if something is already written there that is not their information, but if its blank, the examiner will just stamp it before sending it to the FBI. Makes me feel better. I figured I was worrying about nothing.