PDA

View Full Version : Looking for first AR... LMT or ACR?

scoob
01-17-12, 22:08
I am looking to purchase my first AR and am torn between the LMT CQB16 and the Bushmaster ACR Basic Folder. I would love some input. Price is not an issue between the two at all. Any reviews of the Bushmaster ACR?

DeltaSierra
01-17-12, 22:13
The ACR is not nearly in the same league as the LMT...

No question, get the LMT.

There are plenty of threads that already go into great detail as to why the ACR isn't worth buying.....

http://m4carbine.net/search.php

Fenix1442
01-17-12, 22:26
LMT is your better option. If you get the MRP from LMT you can swap barrels with ease and have more options to make the rifle you want.

Just search up some threads and Trident82 has a very nice collection of LMT's to drool over.

ALCOAR
01-17-12, 22:42
Thanks Fenix1442 for the kind words.

OP..If I were you I'd wait for the new LM8 MRP 5.56 rifle....it's the same length as the MRP CQB version, but it will have the new lightweight design.

Wiggity
01-17-12, 22:45
The ACR isnt even an AR

So clearly you should go with the LMT :dirol:

scoob
01-17-12, 22:55
The ACR isnt even an AR

So clearly you should go with the LMT :dirol:

You couldn't be more right...

CORRECTION TO ALL: I am looking for my first semi-automatic rifle not AR.

Thanks everyone else already for your input.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-18-12, 00:39
You couldn't be more right...

CORRECTION TO ALL: I am looking for my first semi-automatic rifle not AR.

Thanks everyone else already for your input.

Not many here will recommend the ACR. It's been plagued with problems since the get go, and is MFG'd by a company known fro cutting corners where it counts. It is a very ergonomically correct rifle, and feels good in the hands, but its the guts of the rifle that continue to have issues. Finding after market parts, replacement/spare parts, and smith's to fix it are going to be very hard. YMMV, but thats my take on it.

I highly recommend a Colt 6920, that will do everything you want and need it to do, unless you have an extremely specialized purpose for this rifle.