PDA

View Full Version : LOKI Weapon Systems (LWS) Fighting PDW Rifle

Vapor Trail
01-18-12, 01:23
As some of you know I'm in the market for a high-quality SBR. I don't know too much about LOKI (and neither does the forum, according to the search button), but their rifles look nice and they don't seem to be off-the-shelf clones like so many manufacturers settle for these days. Their PDW has impressive specs. It weighs 6 pounds empty with a 7" barrel, and is only 21" long with the stock collapsed. It also looks like they use a lot of different coatings on the externals/internals/barrel, which is always cool. Worth a look.

http://lokiweaponsystems.com/products/ar-15-rifles/lwsf-billet-rifles?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=17&category_id=7

Anyone have experience with LOKI weapons?

Col_Crocs
01-18-12, 02:18
No experience with them but Im curious, why a 7"?

thopkins22
01-18-12, 02:39
There are significantly better(more proven, more reliable, and more readily serviced) options out there.

I know some competition folks that like their forearms...I suspect this has to do with the price point. At that price point, they may very well be excellent, I don't know.

The rifles that are recommended here have certain things in common for a very good reason.;) The companies that are recommended here do many things very similarly(clone like even) for a very good reason. Feel free to disregard those things if you're interested in having something unique rather than reliable and useful.

If I wanted a super short carbine with a stainless barrel then the answer is blatantly apparent and they have a link at the top.http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/

Dionysusigma
01-18-12, 06:21
A billet receiver and stainless barrel on a PDW? :confused:

The stock has my attention, though.

glocktogo
01-18-12, 11:09
A 7" barrel in 5.56 is retarded. 300 BLK would be the more logical choice. I've used a LOKI standard lower on a build and it's fine, but I see no reason to use their heavier billet lower on a "lightweight" PDW.

Wormydog1724
01-18-12, 19:47
Especially since you can't use their billet upper with a standard lower or their billet lower with a standard upper.

P2000
01-18-12, 20:12
Why do you want these features? Keep in mind there is no free lunch. I don't get it...

Vapor Trail
01-19-12, 00:02
I want something compact as possible to serve as a truck gun, that's all. Plus I thought it would make a really cool new member of the family. But since the mass consensus is that it isn't all that, I guess I'm gonna have to reconsider.

Shane1
01-19-12, 07:52
7" is not the best choice for 99% of all situations. Granted, I have had to tote a VSBR on occasion due to the circumstances but that was very special circumstances. You would be better off with a minimum 11" barrel if your really want to spend the extra $$ to go the SBR route.

markm
01-19-12, 09:01
A 7" barrel in 5.56 is retarded.

Indeed.... complete ****ing stupidity.

Thus... they'll sell a ton of them. :rolleyes:

eternal24k
01-19-12, 09:06
Looks like a modified .22 Nordic stock, probably paired with a short bcg and buffer.
I will pass.

jwilson85
01-30-12, 11:37
Well guys im a friend of the owner,so my view is going to be bias.

They have a pretty big following in the 3gun world,a lot of people shot them. i own 2 of the billets 1 in a 50beo and 1 6.5 grendel.

the pdw does not have a cut down bcg it is just a standard one. any questions just give them a call.

just figured i would post i seen there was a lot of guessing going on. its my first post here so dont want to seem like a shill. Just thought i may shed some light.

BAC
01-30-12, 13:05
It's still a 7" 5.56 AR without interchangeable parts. Their 3-gun following can't fix that.

-B

jbsmwd
01-30-12, 13:15
While I am not taking sides did any of you look at the specs on LOKI page? straight from their website:

Barrel:
•4150 Mil-B-11595 chrome-moly vanadium alloy
•1x8" RH twist 5.56x45 NATO M4 extension
•Nitride treated for increased lifespan

http://lokiweaponsystems.com/products/ar-15-rifles/lwsf-billet-rifles?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=17&category_id=7

Now at the same time, not good marketing pictures of product that have barrles in the white or stainless steel? Product pictures are not matching with product specs. WTF? Not a good first impression.

Loki Weapon Systems
01-30-12, 15:56
It's still a 7" 5.56 AR without interchangeable parts. Their 3-gun following can't fix that.

-B

As owner, I normally don't post on forums, but there seems to be a lot of confusion about our PDW.
We offer it with our billet receiver set which works with mil-spec parts such as bcg, lpk, M4 barrel, mags, and charging handle.
We also offer the PDW with our forged receiver set.

Loki Weapon Systems
01-30-12, 16:05
While I am not taking sides did any of you look at the specs on LOKI page? straight from their website:

Barrel:
•4150 Mil-B-11595 chrome-moly vanadium alloy
•1x8" RH twist 5.56x45 NATO M4 extension
•Nitride treated for increased lifespan

Now at the same time, not good marketing pictures of product that have barrles in the white or stainless steel? Product pictures are not matching with product specs. WTF? Not a good first impression.

jbsmwd,
I think I understand what your point on the barrels. I changed the description to better reflect the barrel options that are available in the drop down menu at the bottom of the page for rifle upgrades. Thanks for pointing this out to us.

Iraqgunz
01-30-12, 16:19
Welcome to M4 Carbine.

Please put in your signature line what your affiliation is with this company as per the site rules.

Be reminded that you may discuss your product and answer questions, but you are not allowed to link to your site as a non-sponsor.

Thank you.

I normally don't post on forums, but there seems to be a lot of confusion about our PDW.
We offer it with our billet receiver set which works with mil-spec parts such as bcg, lpk, M4 barrel, mags, and charging handle.
http://lokiweaponsystems.com/products/ar-15-rifles/lws-m4-forged-rifles?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=27&category_id=8

trinydex
01-30-12, 19:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn3KCSm3ui4

similar/same buffer system?

Littlelebowski
01-30-12, 20:10
I want something compact as possible to serve as a truck gun, that's all. Plus I thought it would make a really cool new member of the family. But since the mass consensus is that it isn't all that, I guess I'm gonna have to reconsider.

Be different and have that .338 PDW built that you were talking about!

BAC
01-30-12, 22:21
As owner, I normally don't post on forums, but there seems to be a lot of confusion about our PDW.

Is your forged receiver set compatible with standard uppers/lowers? What led you to settle on a 7" barrel for a 5.56 weapon?

-B

Loki Weapon Systems
01-31-12, 09:01
Is your forged receiver set compatible with standard uppers/lowers? What led you to settle on a 7" barrel for a 5.56 weapon?

-B

Our forged receiver sets are compatible with standard upper and lowers. We offer the PDW in 5.56 and 300 BLK. The 5.56 is available in 7", 10.5" SBR versions as well as 14.7" with a pinned comp for a non NFA version. The 300 BLK is available in 8" SBR and 14.7"with a pinned comp for non NFA.
The 7" 5.56 barrel was chosen to be as small as possible and fit under a jacket or in a small back pack and use the ammo that is readily available to end user and offer more knock down than a pistol caliber.

MrFJones
02-16-12, 18:01
I have one of the billet rifles (Moe) and it is fantastic. I really like the cqb type grip on the receiver. It is really accurate too, I do not have a bipod on it but from a bench and bag I can easily get moa performance from a battle setup.

I am having them put together an 18" spr for me shortly.

I would like a 300blk and a 264 lbc too, but that will be a while.

I do wish I could get an upper only from them but I really haven't asked either.

I would like to see a different web layout too, I liked the old site a lot more.

jbsmwd
02-16-12, 20:14
I have one of the billet rifles (Moe) and it is fantastic. I really like the cqb type grip on the receiver. It is really accurate too, I do not have a bipod on it but from a bench and bag I can easily get moa performance from a battle setup.

I am having them put together an 18" spr for me shortly.

I would like a 300blk and a 264 lbc too, but that will be a while.

I do wish I could get an upper only from them but I really haven't asked either.

I would like to see a different web layout too, I liked the old site a lot more.

http://lokiweaponsystems.com/products/ar-15-uppers

its on there website!:eek:

MrFJones
02-16-12, 21:11
Only their forged uppers are for sale and I will have two of the billet rifles. I really like the way those feel, especially for the 300blk.

jwilson85
02-17-12, 18:52
give us a call we can do the billet uppers;)

MrFJones
02-29-12, 17:48
give us a call we can do the billet uppers;)

I did call, and sure enough I have a billet upper coming my way in a few weeks.:D

And another lower coming after that.

Noodles
02-29-12, 18:15
Under a coat or not... I'd rather have a 5" 9mm upper than a 7" 556. 8" 300blk being perfect.

The concussion and fireball from a 7" 556 has got to be absolutely brutal to the shooter.

I would dump the 7" and focus on the 8". It's a budget HoneyBadger with that stock.