PDA

View Full Version : DC bans killing rats- must be live captured as families!

Belmont31R
01-18-12, 08:20
I swear we are actually regressing as a society NOT progressing. Rats in Washington DC must be captured alive and preferably in family groups! :lol:

Of course they want to dump the little ****ers in Virginia....:rolleyes:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/virginia-could-inherit-occupy-dcs-rat-infestation-due-to-bizarre-vermin-relocation-program-ag-worried/

Abraxas
01-18-12, 08:44
Self preservation for politicians

DeltaSierra
01-18-12, 10:28
--Edit--

CarlosDJackal
01-18-12, 10:40
I had no idea Rats were considered as an endangered species anywhere!! :fie:

Actually, based on the text of the Actual Bill (http://cnsnews.com/sites/default/files/documents/Wildlife%20Protection%20Act%20of%202010.pdf), it doesn't look like "Commensal Rodents" (IE: Norweigian rats, common house mice etc.) are included in the protected species.

Sec. 2. Definitions.
For the purposes of this act, the term:
“Wildlife” shall include any free-roaming wild animal, but shall not include:
(A) Domestic animals;
(B) Commensal rodents;
(C) Invertebrates; and
(D) Fish.

Abraxas
01-18-12, 10:47
I am not the biggest social conservative and I don't care what the President says about abortion because I believe it should be a state issue. But if you think about it, rats now have more of a right to live than a unborn human. A world upside down.

Zhurdan
01-18-12, 10:50
It's actually a controlled situation. They don't want people to "see" the rats jumping ship so they devised this to quell any potential panic by "moving" them.

Abraxas
01-18-12, 10:53
It's actually a controlled situation. They don't want people to "see" the rats jumping ship so they devised this to quell any potential panic by "moving" them.

:lol:

tb-av
01-18-12, 11:34
Un-F'n believable.

montanadave
01-18-12, 11:36
I had no idea Rats were considered as an endangered species anywhere!! :fie:

Actually, based on the text of the Actual Bill (http://cnsnews.com/sites/default/files/documents/Wildlife%20Protection%20Act%20of%202010.pdf), it doesn't look like "Commensal Rodents" (IE: Norweigian rats, common house mice etc.) are included in the protected species.

Sec. 2. Definitions.
For the purposes of this act, the term:
“Wildlife” shall include any free-roaming wild animal, but shall not include:
(A) Domestic animals;
(B) Commensal rodents;
(C) Invertebrates; and
(D) Fish.

The fact that a quick search yields "hits" on this story on every right-wing blog and website in the past 24 hours makes me think "I smell a rat."

It's another sensationalized story which is good for a headline and sound bite and you have to get it out there quick as any fact-checking quickly reveals it's complete bullshit.

But, hey, it's got people talking and you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, right?

Moltke
01-18-12, 11:56
This is stupid.

The_War_Wagon
01-18-12, 11:57
Of COURSE politicians would make rats & other vermin a 'protected species' in D.C. I mean, it's JUST professional courtesy... :D

austinN4
01-18-12, 14:03
Old joke modified for this thread. When I first heard it, it was about lawyers. But since many politicans are also lawyers, all is good.

The National Institute of Health (NIH) announced last week that they are going to start using lawyers instead of rats in their experiments because:

1. The lab assistants were becoming very attached to their little rats. This emotional involvement was interfering with the research being conducted. No such attachment could form for a politican.

2. Politicans breed faster and are in much greater supply.

3. Politicans are much cheaper to care for and the humanitarian societies won't jump all over you no matter what you're studying.

4. There are some things even a rat won't do.

Honu
01-18-12, 15:07
told my wife she said well more jobs created by the obama crew they can create another gov org and about 400 more jobs
20 to catch the rats 20 to drive them and about 360 to manage them :)

thought that was pretty good :) and she is Canadian !!!!

yeah we are living in strange times of course my wife also said man those things are nasty and carry all kinds of diseases why would they do that ?

Zhurdan
01-18-12, 15:15
told my wife she said well more jobs created by the obama crew they can create another gov org and about 400 more jobs
20 to catch the rats 20 to drive them and about 360 to manage them :)

thought that was pretty good :) and she is Canadian !!!!

yeah we are living in strange times of course my wife also said man those things are nasty and carry all kinds of diseases why would they do that ?

Who? The rats or the politicians? :D

Moltke
01-18-12, 15:16
This brings to mind the term "rat bastards".

SteyrAUG
01-18-12, 16:52
I am not the biggest social conservative and I don't care what the President says about abortion because I believe it should be a state issue. But if you think about it, rats now have more of a right to live than a unborn human. A world upside down.

Completely untrue. You cannot kill an unborn human that is why you can't terminate a pregnancy after 7 months. Some consider it a human as early as 5 months and some say not until it is born, seems the compromise is 7 months.

As for killing rats in DC, a quick search shows you can still buy rat poison and traps, and there are plenty of pest control companies that get rid of rats. Whether or not they are required to live capture them I don't know, but I sorta doubt it. The whole thing sounds like exaggerated nonsense.

Honu
01-18-12, 17:28
Who? The rats or the politicians? :D

Well rats are farther up the save scale then politicians :)

Moltke
01-19-12, 08:18
Let's not turn this into an abortion thread, can we please focus on the rats? I mean politicians, no I mean rats, wait, politicians...

markm
01-19-12, 08:56
I heard this on the radio the other day.... If there's any more proof needed that liberalism is a mental disorder... let me know. :blink:

Moose-Knuckle
01-19-12, 19:43
But if you think about it, rats now have more of a right to live than a unborn human. A world upside down.

This puts into all into perspective for me.

". . .and what is wrong will become right and what is right will become wrong."