PDA

View Full Version : RRA Tactical CAR A4

RRAMarine
08-21-06, 22:01
Hi all
I just brought home a brand new RRA Tactical CAR A4, I am shooting it tomorrow and just wanted some general info from people who have this rifle saying how this rifle is, ie quality, accuracy, or just any other comments.

Boom
08-22-06, 09:39
Hi all
I just brought home a brand new RRA Tactical CAR A4, I am shooting it tomorrow and just wanted some general info from people who have this rifle saying how this rifle is, ie quality, accuracy, or just any other comments.

RRA makes a pretty good product. Overall that is a nice weapon and should work well for you. I don't have anything bad to say about RRA I do feel there are better rifles on the market but for a general purpose rifle it works fine.

Enjoy your day shooting.

RRAMarine
08-22-06, 19:06
Had a great day on the range. I think this is a great little weapon. had no problem. here are a couple pics.

http://htmlhelpsite.com/uploads/images/2006-08-22/RIahMfOmfU.jpg

http://htmlhelpsite.com/uploads/images/2006-08-22/MkTWKuJCda.jpg

HAMMERDROP
08-22-06, 19:10
Got a 16" R4 profile barrel LAR in my lap right now another
in the closet both from 2001-2002 I think they are great weapons ...
finish is 2nd to none it wont wear off. In the accuracy department
I feel the manufacturing process and the Larson Bros. overall experience
with their AR15 makes me a better shot than I really am.
It was a 4shot zero @50 yards with the irons (standard fsb and ARMS#40 rear)
and I just centered the dot in my Eotech above the front side blade and we're right on target.
RRA may not have a Stallion or a Snake or a Knight in shining armor scibed on its magwell
but it'll put holes in the same places as those other brands- every time !
Have fun
Michael

SuicideHz
08-22-06, 19:23
Wow. You sit at the computer with your rifle in your lap?

TOrrock
08-22-06, 19:35
Wow. You sit at the computer with your rifle in your lap?

What, you don't? :D

Nice weapon there RRAMarine!

HAMMERDROP
08-24-06, 07:30
...its a carbine not a rifle. LOL
My wife wasn't home yet and I wanted to spend a little time with ...you understand. It was my Calgon moment ...

nickdrak
08-27-06, 01:19
RRAMarine,

I doubt you will have any issues with the function of your new RRA. It is a fine weapon. Like Boom, I also feel there are better products out there (for the same money), but the advantages of those products over a RRA product most will never see.

The only thing I can suggest is to ditch the RRA "tactical" carry handle if you plan on adding an optic sight in the future. Replace it with a fixed or flip-up BUIS depending on your plans.

SuicideHz
08-27-06, 03:19
Take Nick's advice and to take it one step further- turn that carry handle into a BUIS by cutting off the portion of the rail you don't need...

Mooneys
08-27-06, 09:55
Looks good. RRA has always very reliable. Now for the optics :D

Multi-G
08-27-06, 18:08
I suppose mine has about 2-2,500 rounds through it so far. Accuracy was really good out of the box. I have not actually checked it in a while, but It gets shot about once a month. GTG.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/Multi-G/DSCN0817.jpg