PDA

View Full Version : DoomsDay Preppers...

BCmJUnKie
01-18-12, 22:18
Anyone see NatGeo's new show "Doomsday Preppers"?

I guess being prepared really IS becoming mainstream.

I wonder what its going to be like for the people going on national telivision and "Advertising" what they have. Not something I would want to do.

I wonder what kind of "Survival pack" Walmart will be selling next.

All it takes is some corporate giant to see it and market something like that

Jellybean
01-18-12, 23:13
Yep.
The couple (or whatever the hell they are) at the end was totally creepy. The show seemed to do a relatively good job of making the preppers look sane until they threw that crap in....:mad:

BCmJUnKie
01-18-12, 23:17
Has the show actually aired yet?

Is it like a weekly series or is it a special?

SteyrAUG
01-18-12, 23:48
I guess being prepared really IS becoming mainstream.

I seriously doubt there will be many "normal" people, I'm betting on the "God says Armageddon is coming" crowd.

My money is it being just another attempt to portray mainstream America as a bunch of retards.

Swamp People
Sons of Guns
Rocket City Rednecks
Ice Road Truckers

It's like the Jerry Springer show has become the norm rather than the exception.

usmcvet
01-19-12, 06:45
I seriously doubt there will be many "normal" people, I'm betting on the "God says Armageddon is coming" crowd.

My money is it being just another attempt to portray mainstream America as a bunch of retards.

Swamp People
Sons of Guns
Rocket City Rednecks
Ice Road Truckers

It's like the Jerry Springer show has become the norm rather than the exception.

I wanted to like Sons of Guns but what a bunch of BS! Reality TV would be better if it was REAL instead of so scripted and with all of the extra BS. COPS was pretty good at that, haven't watched it in years though.

markm
01-19-12, 08:59
I wanted to like Sons of Guns but what a bunch of BS!

I could see that ****tardery coming a mile away. When the ads started rolling for it, I was in full cringe mode.

Never sat through an episode... never needed to.

SWATcop556
01-19-12, 11:00
I personally was a fan of the ad that ran with the 400 lbs guys with the chest rig and long gun. This will be a huge stinking pile of shit.

markm
01-19-12, 11:04
I personally was a fan of the ad that ran with the 400 lbs guys with the chest rig and long gun. This will be a huge stinking pile of shit.

So they found some ARFcom members eh?? :haha:

kaiservontexas
01-19-12, 15:12

Oh this I want to see for humor's sake!

Moose-Knuckle
01-19-12, 17:57
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=83859

SteyrAUG
01-19-12, 18:05
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=83859

I thought this was going to be a new show. Is it a rerun or a new season?

munch520
01-19-12, 18:05

:haha:

Moose-Knuckle
01-19-12, 18:39
I thought this was going to be a new show. Is it a rerun or a new season?

It was a one time special that nat geo aired.

Spiffums
01-20-12, 14:52
I wonder what kind of "Survival pack" Walmart will be selling next.

Case of water and 24 Ramon Noodle? :lol:

Abraxas
01-20-12, 15:27
I thought it was OK. Some cool ideas like the pool greenhouse. I have wanted to build a gassification generator for a while.

HK51Fan
01-20-12, 22:46
informative...makes feel a bit under prepared, but gives you food for thought.

Rider79
01-21-12, 19:39
It was a one time special that nat geo aired.

There's a series that starts Feb. 7th as well. I liked the one time special, except for the crazy couple with the guy trying to be a chick or whatever that was. The set up that the family had on the farm was interesting, as was the one with the backyard fishpool.

ForTehNguyen
01-21-12, 20:16
Here is the whole first episode that aired back in June

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxjfQheNes&feature=player_embedded

Moose-Knuckle
01-21-12, 21:04
There's a series that starts Feb. 7th as well. I liked the one time special, except for the crazy couple with the guy trying to be a chick or whatever that was. The set up that the family had on the farm was interesting, as was the one with the backyard fishpool.

Oh geez. :rolleyes:

Well I guess they've run out of ideas for the tele.

J-Dub
01-22-12, 10:35
From the commercial it looked like most were fatasses.

So in reality they'll be dead pretty quick. No cardio = fail

SteyrAUG
01-22-12, 11:29
From the commercial it looked like most were fatasses.

So in reality they'll be dead pretty quick. No cardio = fail

Larry Vickers is a pretty big guy these days. Are you saying he ain't gonna make it?

Littlelebowski
01-22-12, 11:53
Larry Vickers is a pretty big guy these days. Are you saying he ain't gonna make it?

Actually, he's lost a LOT of weight.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
01-22-12, 12:02
Actually, he's lost a LOT of weight.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I guess my point was that I know more than a few middle age guys who are no longer at their fighting weight but still quite capable and we probably shouldn't make certain assumptions.

duece71
01-22-12, 14:37
For some, when times get lean, survival mode kicks in and the people end up doing ok. You never know. Losing a little weight while shopping for fresh venison or possum soup is probably a good thing.

J-Dub
01-23-12, 18:26
I guess my point was that I know more than a few middle age guys who are no longer at their fighting weight but still quite capable and we probably shouldn't make certain assumptions.

If i was a betting man, i would bet NONE of them are on the level of knowledge or ability of Mr. Larry Vickers. But who knows...i may be wrong.

Let me rephrase my statement, most look MORBIDLY OBESE, so they'll be dead in a about 10mins if the shtf....because in my opinion if your stupid/lazy enough to be morbidly obese, you're probably not smart enough to stay alive.

SteyrAUG
01-24-12, 00:45
If i was a betting man, i would bet NONE of them are on the level of knowledge or ability of Mr. Larry Vickers. But who knows...i may be wrong.

Let me rephrase my statement, most look MORBIDLY OBESE, so they'll be dead in a about 10mins if the shtf....because in my opinion if your stupid/lazy enough to be morbidly obese, you're probably not smart enough to stay alive.

I was not suggesting they are on the level of Mr. Vickers, few people are. But at the same time he isn't the only one with a few reserve steaks in the tank who know more than the average bear.

That said, I accept your rephrase as probably true for most. I should also mention I haven't seen the show yet.