PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Choice Coming !!!

m1a_scoutguy
01-18-12, 23:57
Hey guys,,,,I just saw this !!! Oh Boy,,,,,looks interesting !!!
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3603-2012-ALG-Defense I'm sure more info will be coming soon !!! :D

MSteele
01-19-12, 00:25
If Bill is behind it then it will be a hit and top notch quality. I love my SD-C trigger and can't imagine anything being better but for a low cost alternative this is probably going to be the way to go. These won't be in stock for long.

devinsdad
01-19-12, 13:09
The ACT looks like direct competation for a section of the market long held by Spikes and their NiB coated "Battle Tigger". I've been looking for a trigger like this for quite a while and am glad the trigger is one of the last components I'm shopping for.

Hmac
01-19-12, 13:16
Error

ForTehNguyen
01-19-12, 13:20
any idea how much less a tuned mil spec trigger's trigger weight would be over a standard out of the box one?

C4IGrant
01-19-12, 13:25
We handled them at Shot. Looks like a winner for someone on a budget.
After we crunch the numbers, I think these will be used as the base FCG in our LPK.

C4

m1a_scoutguy
01-19-12, 13:42
Cool,,thanks for the info Grant !! They look like they will be a good addition to "Any" LPK. It will be a Great trigger without the extra $$$ !! Also lets NOT forget,,its a Battle Rifle Trigger,,,not a Match or Competition trigger,,I can already see guys cryin,,LOL !!! Anyways,,Thanks Bill,,,I'm sure it will be another BIG hit !!

TedG
01-19-12, 13:47
I literally dry fired my 6920 well over 1000 times before it ever hit the range. I wish I had that hammer-stop jig.... instead of my fingers.

:big_boss:

SomeOtherGuy
01-19-12, 14:16
I've been wondering for the past year why no one offered this sort of thing. I'm glad Bill G is doing so.

I have several Geissele triggers and love them, but the $$$ adds up when you have a number of lowers.

MistWolf
01-19-12, 14:32
From the link above-
"If you want a great feeling "Tuned" milspec trigger, ALG defense is a great choice. I had an opportunity to feel a standard milspec trigger and a tuned ALG trigger and it was simply a no-brainer. (Tuned - starts off with a solid milspec trigger (same supplier as COLT, then contact areas are polished, & Geissele springs are used). If you want a great single stage trigger but don't want to spend $170 +, ALG is a great choice.

I hope these triggers are more than just case hardened. Polishing reduces the thickness of the case hardening or in some cases, goes completely through to get to the softer material underneath.

I've been wondering for the past year why no one offered this sort of thing...

If the quote taken from the link is correct, the ALG triggers are the same as the standard AR triggers except that they are tuned by the Geisselles. Tuned standard triggers have been offered in the past with mixed results. In this case, I'm sure the Geisselles have taken steps to ensure the polished contact areas still have proper hardness

mark5pt56
01-19-12, 14:40
We handles these at Shot. Looks like a winner for someone on a budget.
After we crunch the numbers, I think these will be used as the base FCG in our LPK.

C4

Sounds like a win!

Terminator2003
01-19-12, 14:56
From the link above-
"If you want a great feeling "Tuned" milspec trigger, ALG defense is a great choice. I had an opportunity to feel a standard milspec trigger and a tuned ALG trigger and it was simply a no-brainer. (Tuned - starts off with a solid milspec trigger (same supplier as COLT, then contact areas are polished, & Geissele springs are used). If you want a great single stage trigger but don't want to spend $170 +, ALG is a great choice.

I hope these triggers are more than just case hardened. Polishing reduces the thickness of the case hardening or in some cases, goes completely through to get to the softer material underneath.

If the quote taken from the link is correct, the ALG triggers are the same as the standard AR triggers except that they are tuned by the Geisselles. Tuned standard triggers have been offered in the past with mixed results. In this case, I'm sure the Geisselles have taken steps to ensure the polished contact areas still have proper hardness

This would be my main concern as some of the other "tuned" triggers like the ones done by Bill Springfield have led to failures in several cases because there really isn't enough case hardened surface to work with on most milspec triggers. I guess we will have to assume that they have the base components hardened to their personal specs at this point.

SomeOtherGuy
01-19-12, 15:00
Tuned standard triggers have been offered in the past with mixed results.

Maybe I should have said a good, affordable tuned trigger.

The previous ones I know of:
JP Enterprises - derived from the GI design but practically a different design, and fairly expensive.
Bill Springfield trigger job - do a search if you don't know what this implies!
ST Battle Trigger - NiB coated but not tuned, I have one and it's only marginally better than a quality GI trigger
LWRC - I've never seen one, but apparently they are good. Unsure if they are available except in a complete rifle from LWRC.

It seems to me that the fundamental issues with the GI trigger are geometry that tends to cause stacking, and typically coarse machining that causes roughness. Both seem easy to fix if you know triggers and have CNC mills. Which perfectly describes Geissele.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-19-12, 15:08
I'd like to hear a bit more about 'tuning'. Is it tuned in the traditional Bill Springfield sense, or is just really 'trued' like a blue printed engine? Making it right and not having tooling marks is what I really want.

MistWolf
01-19-12, 15:45
From John Hwang on Weapons Evolution-
"(Tuned - starts off with a solid milspec trigger (same supplier as COLT, then contact areas are polished, & Geissele springs are used)"

saddlerocker
01-19-12, 16:04
Very cool, exactly what I was looking for, and the Spikes was my only consideration before....

IrishDevil
01-19-12, 18:53
They are using semi finished castings, not finished triggers. From the man himself, starts at 2:50

http://youtu.be/UO4_YOswsqA

45mike
01-23-12, 10:39
This is a wonderful time to be into AR 15's. The choices we have for quality accessories seem to just get better and better.