PDA

View Full Version : UBR wobble?

Pappabear
01-19-12, 00:24
I was doing some adjusting to my AR, changing config..... noticed the UBR stock had wobble. Its not real bad but I do not remember having the wobble? I guess LMT spoiled me a little.

Does your UBR wobble, if it does, is there a fix or an "easy tighten this".
Gunz threw it on for me, so I didn't do the instal....

thanks for the feedback

thopkins22
01-19-12, 01:00
Mine has no wobble, the other two that I've shot had no wobble.

Which part wobbles?

Cameron
01-19-12, 08:30
I have four UBRs and none have ever had any "wobble".

Cameron

markm
01-19-12, 08:38
We can take a look at it tonight. We'll JB Weld that Muther if necessary! :cool:

Pappabear
01-19-12, 13:03
roger that

Dave_M
01-19-12, 13:21
Does your UBR wobble

I've seen two of them with wobble.

if it does, is there a fix or an "easy tighten this".
Gunz threw it on for me, so I didn't do the instal....

A little bit of PTFE tape on the receiver extension threads. So yes, this means taking it apart. This fixed both of the UBR's perfectly.

blacklabel66
01-19-12, 13:26
I have one UBR with some wobble, but it's not at the reciever extension it's between the upper and lower halves of the UBR. I might try adding some tape to the rails on the lower half but I doubt it would hold up for long.

Watrdawg
01-19-12, 13:31
I have 2 and no wobble

E-man930
01-19-12, 18:39
had one with wobble, posted thread here for advice, found out it was not the norm, contacted Magpul, received new UBR that does not wobble.

VLODPG
01-19-12, 18:49
had one with wobble, posted thread here for advice, found out it was not the norm, contacted Magpul, received new UBR that does not wobble.

Sounds like the proper fix to me!

blacklabel66
01-19-12, 19:18
Good to hear, wish it was that easy for me. Unfortunately the one that wobbles has been hydrodipped in multicam.

Pappabear
01-19-12, 19:52
Good news. Mark and I watched an assembly you tube video and said, what the hell. Lets tighten the end screw on tube. We tightened, it tightened, ALL GOOD.

If your UBR wobbles, the end screw feels tight, but its not. Markus used a 73LB screwdriver ;)

MarkG
01-19-12, 20:26
Good news. Mark and I watched an assembly you tube video and said, what the hell. Lets tighten the end screw on tube. We tightened, it tightened, ALL GOOD.

If your UBR wobbles, the end screw feels tight, but its not. Markus used a 73LB screwdriver ;)

Your gunsmiff needs to have his Magpul certification revoked... :dirol:

markm
01-19-12, 21:56
Yeah... apparently the goop Magpul puts on the RE screw it stout. The screws hadn't come loose, they just were very stiff to get turned all the way down.

Both stocks are rock solid now.

Pappabear
01-19-12, 21:58
I met that gunsmith at a gunshow and he was carrying an AR, donning a Frog Lube patch on his Multi-cam. He does good work- trust me. :p

thopkins22
01-20-12, 00:29
Yeah... apparently the goop Magpul puts on the RE screw it stout. The screws hadn't come loose, they just were very stiff to get turned all the way down.

Both stocks are rock solid now.

A very real gripe I have with every single grip of theirs that I've installed as well. There's too much of that stuff on the screws or it's too thick. Allow us to use our own thread locker so that we can control the amount, and actually get it mounted properly in the first place.

Honest to God, if I was any weaker I don't think I'd be able to install half of them.

markm
01-20-12, 07:11
Yeah... and my screw driver is a monster. If I was using a regular sized slotted tip, I'd have blown out an ovary turning on that thing.