PDA

View Full Version : 10mm conversion

bigbore40
01-19-12, 08:08
I am looking at picking up a 10mm conversion barrel for my G21 . Do any of you have any first hand experience with KKM , Storm Lake or Lone wolf ? Reliability , accuracy, ? Any input is greatly appreciated

caddishatch
01-19-12, 20:21
I have had no problems with the lone wolf barrel. Love them.

Don Robison
01-19-12, 21:14
IIRC; KKM and Storm Lake are the only ones who are currently making a 10mm conversion for the G21. My KKM 10mm conversion barrel has been a good buy. I used it to convert my G21 with RMR to a hog gun. I've used both Storm Lake and Lone Wolf barrels for 9mm conversions and as a threaded barrel in in G21. IMO, KKM and Storm Lake are the way to go. I've had too many issues with Lone Wolf and seen quite a few issues with them in classes over the last 12-18 months both in standard and conversion barrels.

Hogsgunwild
01-19-12, 21:20
I used to have KKM barrels for a past Glock 20 and 23. They made it so that I could reload my brass without the bulging problem that the stock barrels left the brass with. A bit more support on the base of the cases.

I could also shoot lead bullets with these barrels.

Unfortunately, I was always disappointed with the accuracy out of the KKM barrels. After awhile, I decided that there is no better barrel for reliability than the stock Glock barrel. I switched back to my stock barrels for both guns (except when I wanted to shoot some non-jacketed bullets).

caddishatch
01-20-12, 07:55
Even though Lone wolf does not make a conversion barrel to 10mm. I am pretty sure that you just buy the 10mm barrel and you are good to go. Just need some magazines.

bigbore40
01-20-12, 08:07
Even though Lone wolf does not make a conversion barrel to 10mm. I am pretty sure that you just buy the 10mm barrel and you are good to go. Just need some magazines.

I not sure if the 20 and the 21 have the same outside diameter on the barrels and would there be some extractor issues ?

bigbore40
01-20-12, 08:09
IIRC; KKM and Storm Lake are the only ones who are currently making a 10mm conversion for the G21. My KKM 10mm conversion barrel has been a good buy. I used it to convert my G21 with RMR to a hog gun. I've used both Storm Lake and Lone Wolf barrels for 9mm conversions and as a threaded barrel in in G21. IMO, KKM and Storm Lake are the way to go. I've had too many issues with Lone Wolf and seen quite a few issues with them in classes over the last 12-18 months both in standard and conversion barrels.

Did you change any internal parts in your 21 when running the KKM 10 mm barrel ?

bigghoss
01-20-12, 09:39
I not sure if the 20 and the 21 have the same outside diameter on the barrels and would there be some extractor issues ?

the extractor issues will be there either way since the 10mm rim is a smaller diameter than the .45 unless you swap extractors too. some people experience these issues some don't but it's possible.

Don Robison
01-20-12, 12:07
Did you change any internal parts in your 21 when running the KKM 10 mm barrel ?

Nope, just the barrel and mags.

Don Robison
01-20-12, 12:17
the extractor issues will be there either way since the 10mm rim is a smaller diameter than the .45 unless you swap extractors too. some people experience these issues some don't but it's possible.

I haven't seen as many issues with 45/10 as I have with 40/9 conversions. On my 40/9 conversions I swap all the 40 parts out for 9 parts. I've only got one of those right now that was left over when I stopped shooting 40; I turned it into a training gun.
Unless there is a reason to not change the parts out I don't see a reason to not do it. I haven't changed anything on my 45/10 yet because I wanted to see how it would run with just the barrel change and even though I haven't had an issue; I'll more than likely change the extractor.