PDA

View Full Version : Some of AAC's new rifle cans

Schulze
01-19-12, 16:34
Ranger 3. Basically a thread-on M4-2000 mod 8

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1130/aacranger3.jpg

SR5 - 5.56 can that uses a new 90 tooth mount that is supposed to lock up tighter.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2227/sr5e.jpg

SR7 - 7.62 can, same size as the N6 but uses the 90 tooth mount.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6218/aacsr7.jpg

Mini7 - 7.62 mini can. 51 tooth mount. Same size as the Mini4. All inconel internals.

Images courtesy of JasonM at tenpoundmonkey.com

JChops
01-19-12, 17:04
Thanks for those photos.

It has other new items including the integral 1022-SD (finally) which is $1025 MSRP.

Really thinking about the SR5 and SR7 for a project. I was hoping SureFire would have something new to show in the rifle suppressor area but they did not.

EDIT: A friend just emailed me the full AAC 2012 catalog in PDF form. I'm not sure how to post that here; it's rather large. Someone PM me if they know how to do that and I will get it posted for everyone.

Aries144
01-19-12, 17:28
Thanks for the photos man. I've been waiting to see pics of the new Ranger can.

I'd like to know what the dimension/weight is for it.

justlikeanyoneelse
01-20-12, 15:56
awesome thanks!

JasonM
01-23-12, 13:53
Thanks for the photos man. I've been waiting to see pics of the new Ranger can.

I'd like to know what the dimension/weight is for it.

It's listed as 6" long, 13.8oz., $550 MSRP

Javelin
01-23-12, 14:23
Very interesting!

AAC is definitely coming along in R&D. The aesthetics of the 7.62 can are a little much as I like the clean lines of their current models but it definitely has some KAC and Surefire-type pleasing looks I guess.

Dave_M
01-23-12, 14:26
Ranger 3. Basically a thread-on M4-2000 mod 8

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1130/aacranger3.jpg

Definitely digging the wrench flats.

Javelin
01-23-12, 14:29

I was thinking it would be a good alternative for that secondary AR. For the price one could just get a 12" (or whatever to make legal length) AR upper & pin/weld that baby on for a suppressed 16" carbine and avoid paying the SBR tax stamp for a second suppressed gun.

That's the first thing I thought of anyway.

Eurodriver
01-23-12, 17:16
I was thinking it would be a good alternative for that secondary AR. For the price one could just get a 12" (or whatever to make legal length) AR upper & pin/weld that baby on for a suppressed 16" carbine and avoid paying the SBR tax stamp for a second suppressed gun.

That's the first thing I thought of anyway.

I only see that being reasonable in non-SBR states.

Lets be real, having a permanently attached suppressor would suck. Not only are you relegating that suppressor (And the $200 stamp) to one weapon, but if you ever need to do any type of maintenance its going to be a PITA.

markm
01-23-12, 19:32

It's supposed to be more friendly for retards who insist on PERMING a CAN. :nono:

I'm done with AAC. I hope SilencerCo can pick up their slack and take advantage of AAC's perenial failure and consistent customer alienation.

Pappabear emailed those idiots to ask how many thou to take off their mount to fix it so it locks up right... I had to laugh... They're going to tell him there's NOTHING wrong with the rattle mount. :rolleyes:

glocktogo
01-23-12, 22:57
I guess I don't get all the AAC mount hate. Mine locks up solidly on both mounts I have. Besides, I shoot it till the carbon damn near fuses it to the mount anyway. :D

Javelin
01-24-12, 00:39
I only see that being reasonable in non-SBR states.

Lets be real, having a permanently attached suppressor would suck. Not only are you relegating that suppressor (And the $200 stamp) to one weapon, but if you ever need to do any type of maintenance its going to be a PITA.

What I am saying is that it's $550 MSRP (which you know is like $400 @ your dealer). I know folks who have more wrapped up in their damn tac-light. So cheap who gives a crap you know?

Javelin
01-24-12, 00:44
It's supposed to be more friendly for retards who insist on PERMING a CAN. :nono:

I'm done with AAC. I hope SilencerCo can pick up their slack and take advantage of AAC's perenial failure and consistent customer alienation.

Pappabear emailed those idiots to ask how many thou to take off their mount to fix it so it locks up right... I had to laugh... They're going to tell him there's NOTHING wrong with the rattle mount. :rolleyes:

My M4-2K Mod '08 does not lock up all the way either. And I thought that's just how they were supposed to be so I never gave it much thought. I need like 1/4 of a damn click to make it to that last one... it is there just not quite there so I leave it on the next to last click.

Does this mean I will get a baffle strike? I don't know. My 762SD with the older style QD mount (17Tooth?) is perfect and tight. I never gave it much thought I guess until now I see posts about it.

Eurodriver
01-24-12, 05:50
As far as the rattle goes, I've been shooting the PISS out of my M4-2000 and I haven't had it come loose (not one notch)

I'll agree that suppressors probably shouldn't wobble, and that AAC's "It doesn't affect anything" is probably just a "Hey lets tell everyone that".

But it definitely doesn't mean you'll get a baffle strike...I haven't on 3 different rifles.

What I am saying is that it's $550 MSRP (which you know is like $400 @ your dealer). I know folks who have more wrapped up in their damn tac-light. So cheap who gives a crap you know?

I see what you mean. I wouldn't do it, but I can definitely see the appeal.

markm
01-24-12, 07:18
I guess I don't get all the AAC mount hate. Mine locks up solidly on both mounts I have. Besides, I shoot it till the carbon damn near fuses it to the mount anyway. :D

I used to say the same thing... until we got the last can and started really paying attention.

For blasting on an M4?? No biggie. But you start to pay attention to every little thing on a precision gun.

Javelin
01-24-12, 10:53
I used to say the same thing... until we got the last can and started really paying attention.

For blasting on an M4?? No biggie. But you start to pay attention to every little thing on a precision gun.

When you go to the range please take extra good notes Mark. I know it is just 1 can in the test but it would be really interesting seeing what differences 1 click backed off the top and completely tight do for accuracy.

I never gave it much thought and I can't believe I never did... the wabble from the can would definitely screw up accuracy! I mean hell - I have seen the stupid tuning weight on the old BOSS system work some 1/4" magic and that's like an oz. of weight. :mad:

glocktogo
01-24-12, 16:25

Both of my mounts are the two chamber comp style. One is on an 11.5" 6933, while the other is on an 18" Noveske Rogue Hunter with a Bushnell Elite 2.5-16X. I see no discernible accuracy difference between suppressed and unsuppressed on it, but I do have to add 3 MOA of elevation with the can mounted. Guess I just got lucky?

Dave_M
01-24-12, 19:42

Not the reason I liked it but hey, wrong reason same circumstance. :D

The reason I liked it was really for one of my friends, not I (I already have (2) 5.56 cans and don't see any reason to purchase more) Perhaps if they released a 7.62N can with flats, however...

markm
01-24-12, 20:44
When you go to the range please take extra good notes Mark. I know it is just 1 can in the test but it would be really interesting seeing what differences 1 click backed off the top and completely tight do for accuracy.

I never gave it much thought and I can't believe I never did... the wabble from the can would definitely screw up accuracy! I mean hell - I have seen the stupid tuning weight on the old BOSS system work some 1/4" magic and that's like an oz. of weight. :mad:

Yeah... the problem is we can't get the thing to lock up tight yet. We may shoot it sloppy, get the mount fixed, and then shoot it again locked up right... We're kinda playing it by ear.

SC-Texas
01-25-12, 13:35
Here are a couple of videos of hte AAC 90 tooth cans that I took at SHOT SHow:

AAC SR5 next to M4-2000 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8UWtpwFbVE)

AAC SR5 with 90 tooth mount (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpDrf5bRg48)

QuietShootr
01-25-12, 13:43
At least the guy who would most likely tell you to go **** yourself and/or sue you isn't there any more. Maybe their service will improve:rolleyes:

Nope, probably not.

ETA: Biz Op!! He and Ciener could go into business together. They could call the new company Sssssssssssshut The **** UP! or something like that.

darr3239
01-25-12, 16:30
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/tag/aac-bloodbath/

Javelin
01-25-12, 18:55

Woooooh.... what? :confused:

JasonM
01-25-12, 23:51
ETA: Biz Op!! He and Ciener could go into business together. They could call the new company Sssssssssssshut The **** UP! or something like that.

Ha! Nice.

cj5_dude
01-26-12, 05:28

Don't quite believe everything you read on the interweb. Mike Mers confirmed on his Facebook page that AAC isn't moving like the article states.

Aries144
01-26-12, 12:27
Would you feel bad at all if she read this...

SHIVAN
01-26-12, 12:57
I think we can act with just a little more class towards women, and each other in general. Let's try that....

Hammertime
01-27-12, 07:27
No thanks AAC.

My next can will be the Silencerco/SWR Saker or one of the new KAC cans (if I can get my hands on one).

Cheers
Bryant

markm
01-27-12, 07:36
We took the 51T circus over to the Riflesmith and got it to lock up right. He hand polished the bevel edge in the can and got it to lock up correctly. Pappabear was thrilled.

And from an unbiased smith who's never seen an AAC can, the wobble was completely unacceptable.... It'd NEVER shoot accurately with a heavy wobble weight on the end of the gun.

bugeyes
02-02-12, 09:12
So anyone knows when these cans will be available to purchase?

Eurodriver
02-02-12, 09:27

I wouldnt guess any earlier than summer.

JasonM
02-03-12, 11:28

Supposedly April