PDA

View Full Version : Now I have a 30274 Ejector on Gen 3 Glock 19!

davebee456
01-19-12, 23:07
My brought my Glock19 to GLOCK INC. for them to look at my sights,
The Glock is from 2010, and it came with the dipped extractor.

I replaced it with an older extractor last year when people started experiencing problems and blaming the dipped extractor,

The gun never has had a failure in 400 rounds,

The Gunsmith at Glock INC said the sights were fine and shooting Point Of Aim,

However, he said he had to change the Ejector because the gen 3 and gen 4 Glocks with a P Serial number to S serial number needs this new 30274 Ejector.

I was hesitant but i said okay because i do remember a case hitting my hat yesterday at the range,

Does anyone here have this new ejector on their Gen 3 Glock 19??

now I have to test this new part out with at least 150 rounds...:(

TacMedic556
01-19-12, 23:11
My Gen 3 17, 19 and 26 all from 2010 and 2011 all have the 336 ejector.

TacMedic556
01-20-12, 09:54
Be advised there is an entire thread on this very issue.

It is interesting how Glocks opinion of the cause of ejection and extraction issues keeps evolving. First it was the springs, then the extractor to blame (sending extractors to everyone who asked), then it was the ejector part 336 needing to be replaced with 30274 on Gen 4's, and now it is on all Gen 3's in serial range P - S.

What next?

Come on Glock, put the facts out, find out what the problem is, fix it, recall and take care of it.

Thanks,

A Loyal Glock Customer

21SF 17 19 19 26

CrazyFingers
01-20-12, 12:50
Is this Glock's official stance for all Gen3 G19s through serial # S inclusive?

I've got a Gen3 G19 (October 2011 test-fire date, 525 rounds fired), serial SEZxxx that's thrown a few brass in my face and stovepiped once. It would be good to know that Glock is finally admitting there's an issue with some (most?) late-model Gen3 G19s and providing some kind of solution.

TacMedic556
01-20-12, 14:13
I am in contact with them currently.

trinydex
01-20-12, 18:32
Be advised there is an entire thread on this very issue.

It is interesting how Glocks opinion of the cause of ejection and extraction issues keeps evolving. First it was the springs, then the extractor to blame (sending extractors to everyone who asked), then it was the ejector part 336 needing to be replaced with 30274 on Gen 4's, and now it is on all Gen 3's in serial range P - S.

What next?

Come on Glock, put the facts out, find out what the problem is, fix it, recall and take care of it.

Thanks,

A Loyal Glock Customer

21SF 17 19 19 26

I thought the problem is that they wont admit its the extractor

TacMedic556
01-20-12, 23:06
I thought the problem is that they wont admit its the extractor

So far it seems the problem is that they don't know what the problem is.

trinydex
01-21-12, 00:09
So far it seems the problem is that they don't know what the problem is.

i suppose i'm deriving my conclusion from these two posts in your thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1139383&postcount=21

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1139642&postcount=26

i think everyone that has been following this issue with glocks knows what's generally wrong and this part isn't direct at you, but for people who are just joining the conversation. i feel like so much of the information has been iterative over such a long period of time there's no real centralized place for the whole explanation. most people don't wanna data mine through the 2-3 fairly lengthy threads.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92447
this is randy's explanation of the trifecta of issues that contribute towards the possible perfect storm that results in terrible glock performance.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1149748&postcount=44
this, to me, was a reasonable speculation of what may have changed in glock's production methods and why the problem isn't quite as simple as "oh this is wrong."

glock has tried to improve the RSA (does not apply to glock 26)
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/fuzzytheman/Guns/GlockRSA.jpg

glock has tried to improve the ejector
(old ejector 336 changed to new ejector 30274)
https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1149104&postcount=579

when will they admit the extractor is also a contributing factor?

TacMedic556
01-21-12, 11:33
I too have been following this for quite some time. The fact is, nobody truly knows what is happening, what changes Glock made to the late Gen 3 and Gen 4 pistols. You, me, Randy, you name them, unless they are the engineer calling the shots at Glock, they can only assume, theorize and speculate what is actually going on with these guns and with Glock.

Glock has admitted that extractors were a problem. How do I know? Because I was sent 3 "new" extractors (still dipped) from Glock to attempt to solve issues on Gen 3's I have. So if Glock sent me 3 extractors, to "fix" extraction issues, I would say they performed admission right there with that action. Either that, or they have multiple opinions on what the cause is and are sending some people new extractors and others 30274 ejectors. They have no idea what the issue is and if they do, they are not communicating it to the public. Perhaps they estimate the costs of fixing this issue, outweigh the benefit of preserving their reputation of making a reliable pistol.

What we have here is TWO issues. We have Gen 3's that have issues and we have Gen 4's that have issues. Each needs to be addressed as an entirely different case. Both are different platforms with different frames and different springs. Therefore they function differently.

The Gen 3 situation is what concerns me most, because all I own are early and late Gen 3's. I will not purchase a Gen 4, perhaps ever if I can avoid it.

At a gun shop the other day I handled a beautiful and barely used G19, mid generation, pre-dipped extractor. I considered buying it as if it were a relic of a bygone era, made back when Glock meant something. Those era G19s were the shit.

Until Glock releases a memorandum or statement on this cluster, all we have is a thousand different opinions, none of them more accurate than the next.

As I have said before, I am in contact with Glock directly, I buy my Glocks at LE pricing, shipped direct from Glock, and have a good working relationship with the customer service at Glock. So far, still waiting on an answer regarding the 30274 ejectors needing to be installed on all 9mm Glocks serial number range P-S.

Beat Trash
01-21-12, 11:55
This thread got me thinking, dangerous I know.

My last Glock purchase was a Glock 17 LE gun (Gen 3) I bought in 2004 to celebrate the passing of the AWB. It came with factory Trijicon sights and the 3 mags.

This gun has never had an issue. Typical Glock 9mm performance that we expect.

I just checked the ejector on the gun. It's a 336 marked ejector.

My oldest Glock is a Glock 26 that I bought around 1997. I don't know what generation you would call it. It has finger groves on the front of the grip, but no checkering between the finger groves.

This gun is my most reliable. I once held it up side down supported by my thumb and index finger only. I then carefully worked the trigger with my other hand. (Please don't try this at home!) The intent was to simulate a worse case limp wrist support and induce a malfunction. The gun just kept going. This gun also has the 336 ejector. As a side note, my agency is finally going to allow BUG's in a couple of months. This G26 will most likely be my BUG, even though my issued gun is a M&Pfs.

I admit I haven't kept up with the latest guesses by Glock as to what is wrong with their Gen4 9mm's. All I needed to know was to hang onto my older Gen3 guns, and don't buy any new guns until the "All Clear" has been sounded.

But I've owned 5 Gen3 9mm's for the last 14 years, all with the 336 ejector. These guns have fired several thousand trouble free rounds. But should I now run screaming to Glock about my ejectors? I don't think I want Glock touching my guns right now!

I would have had more respect for Glock if they had admitted there was an issue in the beginning. Then come out once with the actual fix to the problem.

Somehow I have a hard time believing the issue with the newer Glock 9mm's was the 336 ejector...

davebee456
01-21-12, 12:36
I think now that the gen 3 glocks of 2010 and later are included in this mess, it cannot just be the RSA of the gen4's which was the problem, it was a combo of the new extractors, maybe out of spec ejectors, the newer finish of the barrel or slide?, out of spec milled spot for the extractor in the slide,
I am glad glock is returning to the older finish, exchanging ejectors, recoil springs and I read extractors too...
hopefully they can get the gen4 where it needs to be soon..

platoonDaddy
01-21-12, 13:22
I am in contact with them currently.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks

JHC
01-21-12, 14:15
I'm not sweating converting my awesome 336 carrying Gen 3's, nor my perfectly fine running Gen 4's; just for the sake of it. OTOH, it's been long reported on that other site so often mocked here that Glock was putting the new ejector in all the new 9mm guns, not just the Gen 4s.

TacMedic556
01-21-12, 19:17
This gun has never had an issue. Typical Glock 9mm performance that we expect.

I just checked the ejector on the gun. It's a 336 marked ejector.

My oldest Glock is a Glock 26 that I bought around 1997. ....... This gun also has the 336 ejector.

But I've owned 5 Gen3 9mm's for the last 14 years, all with the 336 ejector. These guns have fired several thousand trouble free rounds. But should I now run screaming to Glock about my ejectors? I don't think I want Glock touching my guns right now!

I would have had more respect for Glock if they had admitted there was an issue in the beginning. Then come out once with the actual fix to the problem.

Somehow I have a hard time believing the issue with the newer Glock 9mm's was the 336 ejector...

I completely agree with you. Don't touch those older Gen 3's. They should be fine. They have all the original design parts of the Gen 3 with the original extractor. So far all reports involving troubled Gen 3's are late 2010 and 2011 year. Those like you with older mid generation 3's are lucky. They run perfect.

DocH
01-22-12, 08:26
Beat Trash,I think those G26's like you have are referred to as Gen 2.5's. That's what the wife and I have,also.Really good pistols with the non LCI extractors.

My late production Gen 3 is still running ok,but I'll have to admit that the ejection is weaker that with my older gen 2 G19's.
I havn't been beaned yet and have had no stovepipes,but I continue to run only 147's in this pistol since they are the most accurate in this particular gun.
I think I'll continue to hold out on changes until I have to change something,and hopefully some genius will come up with the final solution. I doubt that genius will be a Glock employee,though.
Mine is an R series ser number,so it falls within Glocks ejector replacement requirements according to this info. I also am not doing it. I don't think that's the issue,either.

rainman
01-22-12, 08:45
The Gunsmith at Glock INC said...he had to change the Ejector because the gen 3 and gen 4 Glocks with a P Serial number to S serial number needs this new 30274 Ejector.(

Very interesting...
I sent a "P" series gen3 G19 back to Glock late last year for 'brass-in-the-face' issues. The gun was returned with the same 336 ejector. Not completely sure what they did to the gun other than replace the recoil spring assembly (didn't think that was an issue with the gen3s, and the gun only had 1,500 rnds through it)...the paperwork didn't say, and when I called tech support they were very vague.

I just sent the gun back about a week ago as while great improved (it's gone from pummeling me with brass to one or two every magazine or so), it's still not what my other G19s (I own a bunch of gen3s of varying vintages). Still waiting on a resolution (they seem really busy down there in GA).

It would be great to know the real story on the gen3 issues, but as TacMedic556 said "Until Glock releases a memorandum or statement on this cluster, all we have is a thousand different opinions, none of them more accurate than the next. ":confused:

-Rainman

Mjolnir
01-24-12, 07:25
I've never been a Glock "fan boy" but I tried the Gen4 based upon the modified grip and the "more durable" recoil spring ass'y.

As of now I'm not at all a fan of Glock - I don't DISLIKE them - I just have no special place in my heart for them.

Some pistols run; some don't. It's a Manmade Machine - I get it. But the level of inattention to what appears to be fixed parameters is very troubling.

Long live HK and their P30 - if they choose to import P30L LEMs.

Sorry, Gaston...