PDA

View Full Version : HK45c - ?

Ranger325
01-20-12, 10:29
Howdy, I'm looking at a German made HK45c, AK date code. I know some guns were made in DE and some in the US. I'm brand-new to the world of HK, so my question is: does it matter? Any differences? Anything I should look for in a lightly used (<100 rnds) German model? Is one more desirable?

Thanks for your thoughts!

jwperry
01-20-12, 10:38
Collector 'value' goes to the DE stamped, German proofed guns.

If you want to shoot it, there will be no difference in fit, function or reliability between the American or German made.

forgiven
01-20-12, 13:31
Does not matter

Cosmo M3
01-20-12, 16:08
the parts between the two are the exact same. Shipped from Germany, assembled in the US.

montrala
01-20-12, 18:51
the parts between the two are the exact same. Shipped from Germany, assembled in the US.

Not exactly. For "US made" HK45 and HK45C, frames are made in US (surprise! :happy: ). HK shipped tooling and moulds for HK45 and HK45C frames from Germany to USA.

I pursued matter very deeply when I wanted to get HK45C in Europe. Managed to get in touch with people working directly with HK. No luck- "guns are made in US and not exported from US". Finally I managed to locate one of early German production pistols that fall down under shelves of on shop in Czech Republic and stayed there for 3 years

trinydex
01-21-12, 16:30
Not exactly. For "US made" HK45 and HK45C, frames are made in US (surprise! :happy: ). HK shipped tooling and moulds for HK45 and HK45C frames from Germany to USA.

I pursued matter very deeply when I wanted to get HK45C in Europe. Managed to get in touch with people working directly with HK. No luck- "guns are made in US and not exported from US". Finally I managed to locate one of early German production pistols that fall down under shelves of on shop in Czech Republic and stayed there for 3 years

are made in the united states because of contractual obligations?

montrala
01-21-12, 17:29
are made in the united states because of contractual obligations?

AFAIK this models were originally intended solely for US market. Even with JCP cancelled HK decided to keep it that way. Only small number of them during initial, German production were available for EU dealers. Those models are not even mentioned on HK global website.

Ranger325
01-21-12, 18:37
Thanks to all. Not sure I'm ready to move on this used DE model yet. I'm hitting a gunshow tomorrow to see what I can find - I'd like to fondle a full size and compact model HK45 if I can and compare.
We'll see what I can find...................