PDA

View Full Version : First Look Crimson Trace for Glock Gen 4

ptmccain
01-20-12, 18:59
This is a quick look at the Crimson Trace LG-852, released recently for Gen 4 Glocks. I am really impressed at how easy it was to install. I had to remove the backstrap I had used on it, because I have big hands. I was happy to realize the Laser grip provides a much better grip for me, and even gives me a bit more of a "beaver tail" effect on the Glock. I had to adjust windage and elevation to get the laser dot to hover directly over the front site. The other thing that impressed me about the site, was how Crimson Trace includes everything you need to install it: a tool to remove and reinstall the pin, the very small Allen wrench you need to adjust windage and elevation, and even a couple swabs to clean the laser itself. They even give you two small stickers to put on the gun to warn people there is a laser in use--phew, I was going to look right into it a few times.

Link to video here. (http://youtu.be/_dOBcCFbxaA?hd=1)

SteveL
01-20-12, 19:32
Very nice. I opted not to use any of the stickers though. ;)

ptmccain
01-20-12, 19:39
I know, aren't they ridiculous? My son and I were laughing about them. Too funny.

SteveL
01-20-12, 20:05
I know, aren't they ridiculous? My son and I were laughing about them. Too funny.

I got a kick out of them when I found them in the box of the first CT lasergrip I bought. It looks like they install them at the factory when you buy a gun with a factory installed CT.

Not to go too far off topic, but I recently discovered you can stipple CT grips if you want to further improve your grip on them.

stmcelroy
01-20-12, 21:36
I've got a bunch of CT grips, but that thing makes a chunky gun really fat.

Heavy Metal
01-20-12, 21:48
Isn't there anyways they could just shove the damn thing up into the void where a grip plug goes, the back-strap, like a big suppository?

G34Shooter
01-21-12, 08:51
Here it is being t/e'd since last month:
http://pistol-training.com/archives/6002

ptmccain
01-21-12, 10:38
I'm headed out to the range today to put it through its paces. Note: the grip I have is the LG-852, on my Glock 26. We'll see what happens.

I assume a laser system on a handgun is not intended to be a precision sight system, but something to allow the shooter to place shots on center mass, efficiently and quickly, from various firing positions.

I will have a chance to test it out on my LEO targets, will post pics later.