PDA

View Full Version : AR Selection

tsp45acp
12-14-07, 17:22
New to the forum and only lurked for a short time.

Got a itch for an AR a couple of weeks ago. Don't know anything about them other than I want one. I'm looking for a good accurate AR, but doesn't have to be match grade.

Need some suggestions.Want to keep my 1st AR in the affordable range--under $1300. Been to the normal sites---DPMS, Colt's, Stag, Armalite, Bushmaster.

Don't want a flame war about "this one's better than that one".

Looking for objective experiences. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tracy

impure
12-14-07, 19:07
same here. after seeing the s&w m&p series in action i've wanted one since. this would be my first real rifle as an adult apart from shooting a handful of handguns my dads 30-06 .22 and the .17 hmr. i love tactical looking guns and the second i found ou t that i could buy one i had to have one. i was thinking of buying one or putting one together from lmt? which would be better. i dont want to spend much either and i'm not trying to hijack the thread, just my two cents

markm
12-14-07, 19:12
Seek out "the chart". Then make an informed decision.

tsp45acp
12-14-07, 19:14
impure,
PM sent. Tracy

sonrider657
12-14-07, 19:26
Before you can get meaningful opinions, you need to decide how you are going to use the weapon and what features you want.

tsp45acp
12-14-07, 20:13
USE: Right now-plinking, range, and maybe some home defense.

Features: That's why I asking for objective experiences so I can relate other's uses to what I may be doing/needing. I know right now that I don't know enough to know WHAT questions to ask. I need to get some basic knowledge to be able to comprehend what options on which rifle may work best for my intended uses. But I appreaciate the input of needing to know what I want so you can recommend different things. Tracy

C4IGrant
12-14-07, 20:24
USE: Right now-plinking, range, and maybe some home defense.

Features: That's why I asking for objective experiences so I can relate other's uses to what I may be doing/needing. I know right now that I don't know enough to know WHAT questions to ask. I need to get some basic knowledge to be able to comprehend what options on which rifle may work best for my intended uses. But I appreaciate the input of needing to know what I want so you can recommend different things. Tracy

A chrome lined barrel will fill your needs well. Companies like LMT, ADS, Sabre Defense, Stag will fill your needs.

C4