PDA

View Full Version : new to me M&P 9fs

cdunn
01-21-12, 06:27
I just traded into a 9fs test fired 1/14/ 2010, and I don' t know anything about them,what gen. would this be?is there things I should keep an eye on?whats the issue with barrel lock up or accuracy?the trigger feels pretty light I'd say no more then 5lbs. just guessing,what about the striker and dry firing?I'll keep searching and reading but any help would be appreciated.

cdunn
01-21-12, 07:17
how do I know if there is an old or new striker assembly?

C4IGrant
01-21-12, 09:40
Your gun most likely has the older striker block (with the small sear detent and spring). So I would get that changed out FIRST!

More than likely, you have the older striker. I would just buy a spare (like you would for any gun) and just shoot it until it breaks.

C4

cdunn
01-21-12, 09:57
Your gun most likely has the older striker block (with the small sear detent and spring). So I would get that changed out FIRST!

More than likely, you have the older striker. I would just buy a spare (like you would for any gun) and just shoot it until it breaks.

C4

if you sell what I need can you give me a link?

C4IGrant
01-21-12, 11:06
if you sell what I need can you give me a link?

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=27764

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=39526

C4

USA
01-21-12, 12:39
Wow Grant. Didn't know you sold current sear housing block. Ran a search, and looks like you sell latest trigger bar too. Is there an easy way to find these items on your website? When I search by manufacturer, these don't come up, and when I search by item, I get a lot of hits I wasn't looking for (I found trigger bar by accident when running search for housing block, and after scrolling through multiple pages). Would love to see a list of parts you sell for M&P and what generation they are. Thanks.

snackgunner
01-21-12, 12:58
If I cant find it by searching on his website I run a search on google and put in the search bar 'G&R tactical sear housing block' and I usually get a hit.

cdunn
01-21-12, 13:21
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=27764

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=39526

C4

thanks

C4IGrant
01-21-12, 14:40
Wow Grant. Didn't know you sold current sear housing block. Ran a search, and looks like you sell latest trigger bar too. Is there an easy way to find these items on your website? When I search by manufacturer, these don't come up, and when I search by item, I get a lot of hits I wasn't looking for (I found trigger bar by accident when running search for housing block, and after scrolling through multiple pages). Would love to see a list of parts you sell for M&P and what generation they are. Thanks.

Usually, parts are under the manufacturers name.

We basically sell (or can get) every part for the S&W. Only about half of what we have in stock is on our website. There just isn't enough hours in the day to do everything.

C4

SteveL
01-21-12, 15:16

C4

With regard to the striker block, I'm guessing your recommendation for replacement doesn't apply if you have the DCAEK installed. Or does it?

C4IGrant
01-21-12, 15:31
With regard to the striker block, I'm guessing your recommendation for replacement doesn't apply if you have the DCAEK installed. Or does it?

If you have the small sear detent and spring, I would change out the SHB.

C4

SteveL
01-21-12, 15:34
If you have the small sear detent and spring, I would change out the SHB.

C4

How would I know for sure if I do or don't?

C4IGrant
01-21-12, 15:40
How would I know for sure if I do or don't?

Push the pin and pull it out. Remove the sear and look at the size of the detent and spring.

C4

SteveL
01-21-12, 15:49
Push the pin and pull it out. Remove the sear and look at the size of the detent and spring.

C4

I was wondering more about timeline of manufacture. I could pull them apart and look at the parts, but since the ones in my pistols are the only ones I've ever seen I have no basis for comparison. I bought them both new about a year and a half ago if that helps.

ETA: Nevermind. After rereading posts above it looks like I would have the old style. Thanks for your help Grant. I'll look into getting those parts changed.

C4IGrant
01-21-12, 15:55
I was wondering more about timeline of manufacture. I could pull them apart and look at the parts, but since the ones in my pistols are the only ones I've ever seen I have no basis for comparison. I bought them both new about a year and a half ago if that helps.

ETA: Nevermind. After rereading posts above it looks like I would have the old style. Thanks for your help Grant. I'll look into getting those parts changed.

Around Spring of 2011, S&W changed out the internals of the SHB.

C4

SteveL
01-21-12, 16:03
Around Spring of 2011, S&W changed out the internals of the SHB.

C4

I definitely have the old one then. Thanks again for your help.

ZoomByU
01-21-12, 17:46
Kind of off topic but would an old striker assembly cause a fail to go into battery fully?

SteveL
01-21-12, 18:32
What are the benefits of the newer parts?

C4IGrant
01-21-12, 19:02
Kind of off topic but would an old striker assembly cause a fail to go into battery fully?

The old striker is more susceptible to breaking if you dry fire a lot.

As I said earlier, you should have a spare striker NO MATTER who made the gun.

C4

C4IGrant
01-21-12, 19:03
What are the benefits of the newer parts?

Less likely to run into a dead a dead trigger. Less likely to break the striker if you dry fire a lot.

C4

SteveL
01-21-12, 19:05
Thanks for the explanation.

C4IGrant
01-21-12, 19:09
Thanks for the explanation.

You are welcome.

C4

ggp2jz
01-22-12, 12:49
So the larger shb works with the existing apex dceak?

C4IGrant
01-22-12, 14:50
So the larger shb works with the existing apex dceak?

Yes.

C4

ggp2jz
01-22-12, 15:19
Appreciate it

C4IGrant
01-22-12, 15:22
Appreciate it

You are welcome.

C4

ggp2jz
01-22-12, 15:30
Any idea when the striker will be back in stock?

SteveL
01-22-12, 15:37
Grant, if it's established that I need the newer SHB, is it also safe to assume that I would need the new striker assembly instead of just the striker by itself (to keep as a spare)?

C4IGrant
01-22-12, 15:38
Any idea when the striker will be back in stock?

You are better off buying the complete kit just to have spare parts and if you have a really old striker, you will need these parts (as the old parts are not compatible).

C4

C4IGrant
01-22-12, 15:39
Grant, if it's established that I need the newer SHB, is it also safe to assume that I would need the new striker assembly instead of just the striker by itself (to keep as a spare)?

The striker thing is a lot less important (especially if you do not dry fire a lot). Like with any gun though, I would get a complete striker assembly so you can just drop it in.

C4

cdunn
01-23-12, 14:59
thanks Grant placed an order a little while ago for the 2 parts you listed.

USA
01-23-12, 15:20
Grant,

If I can get you the born on date for my M&P, can you tell me which parts may have changed since my M&P was manufactured (as well as how to distinguish the udpated part) and whether you have those parts available for sale?

Much appreciated if you can.

C4IGrant
01-23-12, 16:19
Grant,

If I can get you the born on date for my M&P, can you tell me which parts may have changed since my M&P was manufactured (as well as how to distinguish the udpated part) and whether you have those parts available for sale?

Much appreciated if you can.

I can try. E-mail me the info.

C4