PDA

View Full Version : IOR Valdad

m60g
12-14-07, 17:54
Sorry, I meant Valdada. Anyone use these scopes? What do you all think of them?

IrishDevil
12-14-07, 20:15
I have this model: http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03k in a Larue mount and haven't been able to find fault with it yet. I've been running it on my XCR, with good success. The 1.1x setting took only a few minutes to get used to. Mine has seen around 3,000 rds so far, split between an AR and the XCR. Very good quality and clear glass, to be honest I haven't played with the reticle as far as the hold overs are concerned, as I don't shoot over 100 yards usually. Reticle brightness is pretty good also during daylight. If I was going to buy another scope anytime soon I'd look into them again.

louie
12-14-07, 20:57
1.1-4x26 CRT Ill. CQB on a 16" AR. (30mm tube)
2-12x32 Ill. MP-8 Dot on an M14. (35mm tube)

Both are bright and crisp at max. magnification.
Eye relief is 3-1/2"+.
Solid scope.

I highly recommend 'em.

CobraCutterPB
01-27-08, 21:54
The best glass you will find untill you get into USO/S&B realm.

Some of the things like turret screws and other things are uncoventional.

I have the 2x12x32 on my spr and think its the optimal scope for that platform.

Only thing I would want more is FFP and Large Exposed turrets (solved by Snipershide 3x18 scope)

Also Mark Larue needs to make the 35mm SPR that they said they would a year ago.

I highly recomend going through Scott at Liberty optics if you want one. He has the best prices and relationship with the manufacture in the US

Low Drag
01-27-08, 22:36
I have this model: http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03k in a Larue mount and haven't been able to find fault with it yet. I've been running it on my XCR, with good success. The 1.1x setting took only a few minutes to get used to. Mine has seen around 3,000 rds so far, split between an AR and the XCR. Very good quality and clear glass, to be honest I haven't played with the reticle as far as the hold overs are concerned, as I don't shoot over 100 yards usually. Reticle brightness is pretty good also during daylight. If I was going to buy another scope anytime soon I'd look into them again.

I have the same optic on a 16" AR and the BDC does work with M855 ammo. I've gone out to 600 yards with good results. In fact I think the BDC cross hair give you a much finer hold than does the 2 MOA dot.