PDA

View Full Version : LWRC PSD in 300 BLK

rsilvers
01-21-12, 19:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DBlvMyt_iQ&feature=related

markm
01-21-12, 20:05
SWEET! Finally a company that can **** the 300 BLK up and end this Cult of Personality lunacy!!!

LWRC can **** up anything... and charge you 3 times the fair price for doing so!!! Yeah!!!

Freedoooom
01-21-12, 21:54
Why would you want to chance a subsonic bullet to a guy 10 feet in front of you?

Sounds like a great way to get shot.

rsilvers
01-21-12, 22:03
No reason for most uses.

DeltaSierra
01-21-12, 22:10
SWEET! Finally a company that can **** the 300 BLK up and end this Cult of Personality lunacy!!!

LWRC can **** up anything... and charge you 3 times the fair price for doing so!!! Yeah!!!

I really need one of those enhanced bolts, so that I can fire eleven thousand rounds without any lubricant or stoppages....:confused:

Freedoooom
01-21-12, 22:56
No reason for most uses.

I like that you are honest.

You're more honest then the people who have no financial benefit from it.

P2000
01-22-12, 01:00
It is a DI LWRC. What the ....

Hwikek
01-22-12, 02:13
No one will buy this.

threeheadeddog
01-22-12, 15:09
I do like the idea of dual bolt releases on the LWRC lower. I also like the idea of a shorter buffer and stock, provided it works. I would be interested in buying the stock kit seperate.

Gunut
01-22-12, 16:43
If the stock kit is 1'' or so shorter .
I have to ask DOES it Really MATTER ?

Vash1023
01-22-12, 18:24
11k rounds without a stoppage, i want to see some video evidence on that claim.

but love the ambi blot and mag release. being a left handed AR shooter is unfair :)

thmpr
01-22-12, 23:22
Did I hear him correctly? LWRCi required to go with a DI system in order to acheive reliability with sub and super sonic ammo? What the f***?

Javelin
01-22-12, 23:24
Did I hear him correctly? LWRCi required to go with a DI system in order to acheive reliability with sub and super sonic ammo? What the f***?

Yeah I thought I caught that as well. I honestly have not been sold on the retrofit piston design for the AR platform. I am sure it is great and all just have not seen the reason to switch over & now I am seeing this? Makes me wonder if there is a reason really at all to use a piston.

:p

Hwikek
01-23-12, 01:32
Might just be LWRC being too lazy to create a good piston for blackout. They seem to lose every military contract they test out for to Fabrique National Herstal, Heckler and Koch, and Colt. Though the DEA seems pleased with the M6A2 but I'd rather grab an A3 as I said before. I've heard better things about LWRC than I have about POF, but I guess neither is really up to military duty, no matter which company's design POF tried to copy.

CarbonCycles
01-23-12, 07:54
Interesting, the comment on using DI for 100% reliability under sub and supersonic ammunition makes one wonder if a piston, for the general public, is really needed (as someone stated earlier). This product/video throws some doubt, at least in my mind, on LWRC's past piston claims.

MarkG
01-23-12, 08:32
^^^^^^ +1

At least they were honest enough to admit that they wanted the weapon to be reliable and therefor couldn't use their crapastic piston operating system...

rsilvers
01-23-12, 08:56
You guys are reading too much into this quick statement on a video. A piston system can be made to work fine with 300 BLK - but it is not the same piston system that is used for 5.56mm.

BSWilson
01-23-12, 09:43
You guys are reading too much into this quick statement on a video. A piston system can be made to work fine with 300 BLK - but it is not the same piston system that is used for 5.56mm.

Agree. Not only that, but trying to shoehorn a piston into this is likely made even more difficult since it sounds like it's closer to a pistol cartridge than a rifle one.

SHIVAN
01-23-12, 10:09
...and it adds some measure of weight in a tiny system. I can see that being a negative to adding a piston to a 9" bbl gun.

Dave L.
01-23-12, 10:22

These guns have a horrible track record in 5.56. These were at one time a possible cost-cutting replacement for the 416's... we had so many issues it was embarrassing.

When dudes on your assembly line are all wearing flip-flops and listening to Bob Marley... what do you expect.

MarkG
01-23-12, 11:16

Really...

Are you saying we should give them a pass because it was an impromptu video? It "can be made to work" is a problematic statement and is the battle cry of every has been or never was AR-15 pattern weapon or component that can be found on the trash heap of the industry.