PDA

View Full Version : Texas hog hunt recommendation

antlad
01-22-12, 02:37
Can someone point me in the right direction as to where to go guided/unguided spot & stalk type hunting in the Austin area. I thought I'd ask here as the dad-in-law is probably looking in the yellow pages.

Thanks

hec912
01-22-12, 02:46
Call the feed stores usually the ranchers leaves there info to hunting leases

Belmont31R
01-22-12, 02:48
Call the feed stores usually the ranchers leaves there info to hunting leases

Yeah they want you to pay them to get rid of their hog problems.

They can pay me and we'll talk.

hec912
01-22-12, 03:03
Yeah they want you to pay them to get rid of their hog problems.

They can pay me and we'll talk.

Don't get mad bro u can come hunting for hog For free on my land,tho there kinda scarce down here..Mexico's slaughtering hundreds daily they have an infestation...

Shokr21
01-22-12, 11:13
I'm looking for a hog hunt myself. I think I've found the outfitter I'm going with. check out texashuntingforum.com they have a section for outfitters and guides.

You're very unlikely to find a place to hunt for free that has hogs. It's a supply and demand thing, I agree if it was such a rampant problem landowners would want you out there shooting, but at the same time if they can turn a dollar why wouldn't they charge. Also have to consider their liability and property/livestock risks.

Clubhunter
01-31-12, 21:32
Go on one of those helicopter hog hunts......your shooting them with your AR and you get to kill about 20-25. Lol it up on youtube.

the_master_midget
01-31-12, 22:19
if your going to pay... do a guided night hunt or see if you can take nvg if you have it. Best money spent $500 seems like a lot but considering you use some pretty fun kit, don't have to supply the gun, ammo, nvg, batteries, thermal, and so on its kind of cool. My best friend owns a guided Night company out of Georgia its unlimited pigs free range animals and unlimited ammo.

I have hunted Texas and in my opinion I can't stand sitting in a box next to a feeder its not how I was taught to hunt. AZ we do spot and stalk and same in AK.

Though for spring break 2012 we are going to a exotic game ranch in Texas to do a pig eradication in Crystal city, TX.

robbf213
02-02-12, 14:21
if your going to pay... do a guided night hunt or see if you can take nvg if you have it. Best money spent $500 seems like a lot but considering you use some pretty fun kit, don't have to supply the gun, ammo, nvg, batteries, thermal, and so on its kind of cool. My best friend owns a guided Night company out of Georgia its unlimited pigs free range animals and unlimited ammo.

I have hunted Texas and in my opinion I can't stand sitting in a box next to a feeder its not how I was taught to hunt. AZ we do spot and stalk and same in AK.

Though for spring break 2012 we are going to a exotic game ranch in Texas to do a pig eradication in Crystal city, TX.

You going to the Double C Ranch aka HuntingwithJeff.com? It's the only one I know of around there.

the_master_midget
02-02-12, 21:09
No its a private retreat ranch for employees of a company no paid hunts allowed on the property. I am friends with someone who is a part owner and they asked for me and some friends to come down and thin out some predators and pigs. You would think with pigs being such a problem the farmers would be killing to have people come and help eradicate the animals. The problem is people sue people too much or don't respect others land.

I tell People all the time spend the money on a guided hunt especially at night. Think about the crap you buy to go hunting and the odds of success are still not in your favor. My dad is a prime example of someone who refused to pay for a guided hunt. I took him out a few years ago and he has since done a complete 180. Though all he wants to do is shoot pigs with thermal. I don't blame him High volume shooting in one night vs 1 shot opportunity for about the same money.

robbf213
02-03-12, 12:27
Cool, have fun there are about a billion hogs in that area.