PDA

View Full Version : low sitting molle vest/plate carrier?

kenndapp
01-22-12, 22:28
it does not need to be a plate carrier as it will carry no plate. i am just looking for a molle vest that sits relatively low so i can have my mags lower across my gut than higher. plate carriers often look they suit my needs best for some reason. i want some thing with alot of possibility so that if something isn't working out i can re-position it....so vest style riggs seem to be better for me than open-back mag carriers. but in the same respect mobility of my arms is paramount. i have watched all the you-tube videos and read all the reviews i can stomach so i thought id ask you. right now i am looking mostly at voo-doo tactical, black hawk, and condor. most seem to sit pretty high. any suggestions? what has worked for you?

Failure2Stop
01-23-12, 01:55
Trust me, you don't want to wear mags accross your abdomen.
There is a pretty good reason that no chest rig sits that low.
If you don't want stuff on your chest I would recommend a belt system instead.
FWIW- "Chest" rigs actually sit a bit lower than most seem to think.

kenndapp
01-23-12, 02:34
thank you. yeah, i was just watching all the you tube videos and review pictures and the mags looked a little high. i do want them on my chest, well slightly below my chest, i just don't want to develop a case of t-rex arms when snagging them out.

Failure2Stop
01-23-12, 10:14
Check it out:
http://usgruntgear.com/m1rarelitrma1.html

I'm not pimping US Grunt gear, I don't own a single piece of their gear or have any tie to them whatsoever, it's just a handy link and shows general placement.

kenndapp
01-23-12, 12:18
looks to be in the right position. thank you for that.