PDA

View Full Version : New Noveske NSR rail!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Brahmzy
02-04-13, 15:59
Barrel nut has definitely been altered from the NSR I purchased last year.

-Jax

Further weight savings. I'm seeing a little over .1oz difference between the old and new barrel nuts.
It may be closer to .2oz diff, but my scale only does one decimal back.

madisonsfinest
02-04-13, 16:19
These damn wait times are so long, that I've researched enough to the point that now I want to get the Geissele Mk4 when it comes out since I've got to wait anyways

rdbse
02-04-13, 20:28
Has anyone seen an 11" in stock lately.
I went ahead and backordered at DSG arms. But who knows when that will ship...

I have one back ordered as well.

Does anyone know when these will start hitting distributors?

Benito
02-06-13, 00:40
Don't spank me if I am posting this in the wrong thread:

Would an NSR-11 work with an 11.5" lightweight barrel, with an AAC Blackout?
I am hoping there would be no interference between the back of the Blackout and the front of the NSR.

Koshinn
02-06-13, 00:51
Don't spank me if I am posting this in the wrong thread:

Would an NSR-11 work with an 11.5" lightweight barrel, with an AAC Blackout?
I am hoping there would be no interference between the back of the Blackout and the front of the NSR.

As long as you're talking about a regular flash hider, you should be ok. But I don't think an aac blackout 51t will have the space to mount a suppressor.

Lopro619
02-06-13, 00:56
These damn wait times are so long, that I've researched enough to the point that now I want to get the Geissele Mk4 when it comes out since I've got to wait anyways

What has you sold on the mk4 over the nsr?

Benito
02-06-13, 06:47
As long as you're talking about a regular flash hider, you should be ok. But I don't think an aac blackout 51t will have the space to mount a suppressor.

Yes, sorry I wasn't specific. The regular flash hider. Couldn't find the inner diameter of the NSR. Anybody know?

Koshinn
02-06-13, 07:04
Yes, sorry I wasn't specific. The regular flash hider. Couldn't find the inner diameter of the NSR. Anybody know?

It's definitely able to fit an aac fh.

advan031
02-06-13, 15:52
I got my upper back with the NSR installed and I really like this handguard for the thinness and lightweight!

I orginally had a 13" Geissele MK2 on back order but stumbled upon the 13.5" NSR on riflegear.

Here's the NSR installed

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8451614969_b6d8551fc4_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8238/8452706132_034d8d5231_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8516/8452705988_28d38da833_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8241/8452705938_610e522d3c_b.jpg

SteveL
02-07-13, 22:12
Deleted.

madisonsfinest
02-08-13, 20:56
What has you sold on the mk4 over the nsr?

I don't think there is anything wrong with the NSR. There are a few things I do like about the Geissele though. The Mk4 will have keymod as well, but they are not being produced until April. Take a look at the Geissele thread to see the differences.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=97294&page=26&highlight=Geissele

On a side note. I did find a NSR on rainier arms and picked it up. I will give both a shot, and go with which one I like best.

Does anyone know if the BCM LGB 750 will fit under this rail? I assume it does.

txbonds
02-08-13, 21:27
Does anyone know if the BCM LGB 750 will fit under this rail? I assume it does.

Yes it will fit.

Defender3
02-10-13, 15:55
FWIW - Rainier Arms has the longer NSR keymod 1913 rail sections in stock.

Stickman
02-10-13, 16:21
FWIW - Rainier Arms has the longer NSR keymod 1913 rail sections in stock.

Chief, you have a chance to throw your NSR on yet? If so, what do you think?

Defender3
02-10-13, 16:47
Chief, you have a chance to throw your NSR on yet? If so, what do you think?

I liked it enough to order rail sections. :D The Noveske felt good in my hands and I think I'll like it since I run a pretty clean rifle as far as accessories go.

I have a LaRue 12" OBR in captivity, and two stripped LaRue uppers that will be built out, one as 14.5" and one as a 16". As it stands now, the 14.5 and 16 will have the Noveske rails and a standard setup with an inforce light, handstop, Dueck Defense offset sights and an EOTech (my old eyes like the ring).

The two Geissele rails I bought will probable stay with me. I already took the a$$ chewing from the spousal unit for spending the dineros so no sense walking that ground again :D I'll probably put one on the LMT forgery I have, and one will go on a second LMT stripped upper.

I just need to find a few more parts and some time to do it all. I'm having a hard time finding a decent low profile gas block, go figure.

Koshinn
02-10-13, 16:56

1 3/8" at the smallest cross section (straight across), 1 1/2" at the diagonals.

So I have a regular Vltor MUR and a BCM upper receiver. Is it worth going to my local gunsmith to drill it for the anti-rotation pin?

madisonsfinest
02-10-13, 18:11
Has anyone found a cheaper wrench than the snap on for the barrel nut?

Koshinn
02-10-13, 18:16
Has anyone found a cheaper wrench than the snap on for the barrel nut?

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=nsrwrench&cat=167&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

For $15 + shipping + torque wrench (which you need anyway)?

madisonsfinest
02-10-13, 20:08
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=nsrwrench&cat=167&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

For $15 + shipping + torque wrench (which you need anyway)?

Thanks. Now I have to find one in stock! lol. The damn wrenches are even sold out during this craze!

Brahmzy
02-11-13, 06:42
Wow - had no idea they finally started selling the wrenches!

Bsully
02-11-13, 07:43
Thanks. Now I have to find one in stock! lol. The damn wrenches are even sold out during this craze!
1-1/16" crowfoot's can be found at many online sites or local tool stores for under $20.

ScatmanCrothers
02-11-13, 07:50
1-1/16" crowfoot's can be found at many online sites or local tool stores for under $20.

I haven't heard of any brands other than Snap-on and Noveske that are narrow enough to fit the groove of the barrel nut to slide the wrench on. Others will work if they are ground down thin enough, but not off the shelf.

Brahmzy
02-11-13, 09:56
I haven't heard of any brands other than Snap-on and Noveske that are narrow enough to fit the groove of the barrel nut to slide the wrench on. Others will work if they are ground down thin enough, but not off the shelf.

You're correct. Most are too wide.

madisonsfinest
02-11-13, 11:40
IMO they should raise the price of the hand guard $15 and include the wrench

Swamp Yankee
02-12-13, 07:05
Damn it. I want one of these rails so badly, but I want to handle one first on a rifle to be sure. Trouble is that I know no one in the area with one and have not seen one in stores.

Brahmzy
02-12-13, 07:40
That's just it. As soon as one handles an NSR, that's when the difference is clear. The looks and KeyMod were big ifs for me. Once I handled my first on my rifle, it was all over. 4 NSRs later...

Shao
02-12-13, 15:02
http://www.amazon.com/Sunex-97734-2-Inch-16-Inch-Crowfoot/dp/B002YK7MEG/ref=sr_1_4?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1360702609&sr=1-4&keywords=crows+foot+1+1%2F16

Or get the next smallest size and file it down a bit...

http://www.amazon.com/Sunex-97736-2-Inch-8-Inch-Crowfoot/dp/B002YKD45M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1360702964&sr=8-4&keywords=crowfoot+wrench+1+1+8

Traveshamockery
02-13-13, 15:27
Can someone suggest a Moly Grease for installation that one could find at a Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, etc?

Noveske's installation instructions suggest Aeroshell Grease 33MS, but I can't find it for sale at Amazon or locally.

ScatmanCrothers
02-13-13, 15:34
Can someone suggest a Moly Grease for installation that one could find at a Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, etc?

Noveske's installation instructions suggest Aeroshell Grease 33MS, but I can't find it for sale at Amazon or locally.

https://www.ucwrg.com/materiel/weapon-lubrication/18/aeroshell-33ms-grease/

I ordered one and they threw and extra bottle in for free. 2 should last years.

Traveshamockery
02-13-13, 15:49
Unfortunately they said to allow 10-12 days for shipping. Anyone else have a lead?

wahoo95
02-13-13, 15:54
Go to your local Harbor Freight or Northern Tool if you have one and pick up some Moly Grease. Boating supply stores also tend to carry it.

paintballswimguy
02-13-13, 16:42
Did anybody else get one of the 13.5 inch NSRs off Midway's site today? I was looking for an 11 inch. But I guess I'll be going with a 13.5.

tarkeg
02-13-13, 17:47
Unfortunately they said to allow 10-12 days for shipping. Anyone else have a lead?

Here you go...

http://www.skygeek.com/5067068.html

It's where I got mine. Fast shipping.

Tiny86
02-13-13, 18:34
Arg, I don't think I can make it till April!!!

Benito
02-13-13, 22:52
EDIT - Issue resolved.

paintballswimguy
02-13-13, 23:06
OK, Midway is really pissing me off.
I have a bunch of stuff backordered from months ago, including the NSR-13.5.

Now, correct me if I'm off-base here, but isn't the whole point of backordering something that it is shipped to you once stock has been received, rather than first come first serve to those without backorders???

This is the second time that this particular item has been received in stock and then been sold out to people with no ****ing backorders.

Sorry, had to vent. I'm ****ing pissed.

Dude, I don't blame you for being pissed at all. I've had several bolt carrier groups backordered with midway and the same thing keeps happening. Call midway to complain... Can't hurt.

Benito
02-13-13, 23:10
EDIT - Issue resolved.

Brahmzy
02-14-13, 00:29
I need an 11 like a mofo. Noveske's gotta be gearing up to ship some 11s, cause I have not heard or seen ANY go on sale for a month or more now.

paintballswimguy
02-14-13, 00:31
I need an 11 like a mofo. Noveske's gotta be gearing up to ship some 11s, cause I have not heard or seen ANY go on sale for a month or more now.

That's exactly what I'm looking for too. I hope you're right. I managed to get a 13.5". I figured I'd throw it on and swap it later and sell the used 13.5"

Benito
02-14-13, 09:06
EDIT - Issue resolved.

Shao
02-14-13, 09:17
OK, Midway is really pissing me off.
I have a bunch of stuff backordered from months ago, including the NSR-13.5.

Now, correct me if I'm off-base here, but isn't the whole point of backordering something that it is shipped to you once stock has been received, rather than first come first serve to those without backorders???

This is the second time that this particular item has been received in stock and then been sold out to people with no ****ing backorders.

Sorry, had to vent. I'm ****ing pissed.

That's why I only order from Midway when I have to... much prefer Brownells... Brownells better not pull that shit on my backorders.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the 16.7... no other NSR interests me...

fallenromeo
02-14-13, 10:54
I want a 13.5 for a new 14.5 upper build so bad. Arrrgghh!!

Benito
02-14-13, 10:58
Talked to Midway, dug a little deeper.
I retract any negative statements I made. It seems that backorders DO get filled, but are not shipped until the entire order is in stock.
Apologies for jumping the gun, so to speak. Their online order management system doesn't indicate anything, nor does their email notification, but I guess they have it in their internal system.
My bad.
MidwayUSA is good to go, like always.

Mikesull415
02-14-13, 15:05
that sucks even worse if you think about it. If you've got an order that has three back ordered items on it, what are the chances of all three items being in stock at the same time? Seems to me you'd be better off having three separate orders, one for each item, or you should be able to have the option of getting each item when it does come in stock. Of course this would mean three different shipping charges, but still, the way things are right now if you're waiting on multiple back ordered items to come in at the same time you're most likely going to be waiting a LOT longer.

Benito
02-14-13, 19:39
that sucks even worse if you think about it. If you've got an order that has three back ordered items on it, what are the chances of all three items being in stock at the same time? Seems to me you'd be better off having three separate orders, one for each item, or you should be able to have the option of getting each item when it does come in stock. Of course this would mean three different shipping charges, but still, the way things are right now if you're waiting on multiple back ordered items to come in at the same time you're most likely going to be waiting a LOT longer.

It isn't so bad. They wait to get all the items in order to minimize cost of shipping. I'm pretty sure that if you called them and instructed them to partition and ship out your order that they would do so.
I can't complete the build until I get other parts anyways, so I'm willing to wait.

madisonsfinest
02-15-13, 19:19
My 13.5 came in the mail today. Unreal how light and small this rail is.

rdbse
02-15-13, 19:22
Anyone receive back-ordered NSR from DSGArms recently?

Brahmzy
02-15-13, 21:07
Anyone receive back-ordered NSR from DSGArms recently?

Nope - I've had an 11 & 9 BO'd for a while now.... nada.

soulezoo
02-15-13, 21:48
I'm glad to see some product moving. As I posted previously, I ordered a reece full upper with 13.5 NSR back around Thanksgiving. I knew with the sandy hook event and then Noveske's passing, things would be delayed. However, I paid the $$ and figured I was in line for production, first in first out... My dealer checked today and they have no clue on a delivery date... After 3 months, I'd think it reasonable to at least get a delivery date. While I undersatnd the problems, I'm getting frustrated and unhappy.

Oh well, you pays your money and takes your chances.

Lopro619
02-15-13, 22:55
double tap

Lopro619
02-15-13, 23:08
I'm glad to see some product moving. As I posted previously, I ordered a reece full upper with 13.5 NSR back around Thanksgiving. I knew with the sandy hook event and then Noveske's passing, things would be delayed. However, I paid the $$ and figured I was in line for production, first in first out... My dealer checked today and they have no clue on a delivery date... After 3 months, I'd think it reasonable to at least get a delivery date. While I undersatnd the problems, I'm getting frustrated and unhappy.

Oh well, you pays your money and takes your chances.

There's definily something up with your dealer. I've purchased 2 nsr 13.5 uppers post sandy hook. One afghan, and one recce. They were purchased from two separate places also. Something fishy is going on.

wahoo95
02-16-13, 08:28
Why order something through a dealer that you could have ordered direct.

"If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough"

soulezoo
02-16-13, 10:12
Why order something through a dealer that you could have ordered direct.

There's a very simple answer to that:

Some things through Noveske, and it is prominently stated, can only be bought through an authorized dealer. Rifles, lowers and uppers would be such things.

SteveL
02-16-13, 10:13

SteveL
02-16-13, 17:01
After a few weeks and some impatience on my end, my NSR Scout light mount arrived today. Many thanks to the folks at Noveske for this. I had to remove a small bit of material from the front end of the long handguard piece that butts up to the back of it with a box cutter.

Pics aren't that great, but here they are anyway.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo98/fireman325/DSC04127_zpseb23d42c.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo98/fireman325/DSC04128_zps68df39a7.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo98/fireman325/DSC04129_zpscd52ebc9.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo98/fireman325/DSC04130_zpsc67bf1f9.jpg

Lopro619
02-16-13, 18:40
Looks great, gonna have to save up for a scout now

jaxman7
02-17-13, 09:50
Looks great Steve. Looking forward to getting one. Wanting to replace my LaRue mount (@ 12 o'clock) and save some forward weight and rail space.

-Jax

Defender3
02-17-13, 14:15
All my tools and parts finally arrived so I built the upper today while watching Firefly. I used the Geissele Reaction Rod, which made the build smooth and fast. The barrel nut indexed without issue and the rail feels solid. I used a LaRue upper, a Noveske 13.5' rail, a 16" BCM barrel and Surefire SOCOM brake. I can't wait to give it a run and see how I do with the rail.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/defender3va/DSC_0445_zpsdf240eef.jpg

Koshinn
02-17-13, 15:30
All my tools and parts finally arrived so I built the upper today while watching Firefly. I used the Geissele Reaction Rod, which made the build smooth and fast. The barrel nut indexed without issue and the rail feels solid. I used a LaRue upper, a Noveske 13.5' rail, a 16" BCM barrel and Surefire SOCOM brake. I can't wait to give it a run and see how I do with the rail.

Looks good!

rdbse
02-17-13, 17:10
Defender- that is one slick upper.

Looking forward to receiving 11" NSR to complete my 12.5" SBR upper.

Brahmzy
02-17-13, 17:38
Defender- that is one slick upper.

Looking forward to receiving 11" NSR to complete my 12.5" SBR upper.

LOL, that's exactly what I'm waiting on for my 12.5 lightweight upper.
I feel 'em coming out very soon. This week or next.

Hmac
02-17-13, 18:27
Midway is a good store, but the backorder estimate doesn't take into account how many people are ahead of you, how many units they're actually going to get in, and whether your going to have to wait for th next shipment.

panzerr
02-22-13, 11:18
I like the NSR on my MK18 so much I decided to install one in my Noveske GPR.

I only have one complaint.....the lack of an integrated QD. I dislike the keymod QD attachment Noveske makes -it does not allow you to place the sling right near the upper, which find to be ideal for running a two point. It's a minor thing, but still a thing and things get annoying until I find a solution.

Todd, have you considered producing a QD that would screw into the barrel nut? You could make it so you remove two of the six screws holding the rail to the nut (at 3 or 9 o'clock), put the QD in place, then with two longer replacement screws screw the QD (and the rail) directly into the barrel nut. Not only would this move the QD closer to the upper, but it would be very much more sturdy than attaching it to the rail alone. Does that make sense? Thoughts?

Brahmzy
02-22-13, 11:36
This will be my solution on my NSRs. Comes out in a few months.

http://store.magpul.com/images/uploads/207_1122_popup.jpg

panzerr
02-22-13, 11:45
This will be my solution on my NSRs. Comes out in a few months.

http://store.magpul.com/images/uploads/207_1122_popup.jpg

Yeah, IWC makes a nice 45 degree QD as does Wilson Combat, but I would still prefer something more or less integrated and not at 45 degrees.

Brahmzy
02-22-13, 11:48
Yeah, IWC makes a nice 45 degree QD as does Wilson Combat, but I would still prefer something more or less integrated and not at 45 degrees.

Wilson's is not anti-rotation, unfortunately. I know what you're saying about integrated QD, but that would be next to impossible on how the NSR works with it's barrel nut. I "got over it" pretty early on when these first came out.

Ironman8
02-22-13, 11:54

Another option. Not integrated, but it's not at 45* either...

http://www.skdtac.com/Fortis-Mfg-RAP-x2122-Rail-Attachment-Point-p/fts.150.htm

I have one. Anti-rotation. Super light and low profile. Seems solid.

panzerr
02-22-13, 11:56
Wilson's is not anti-rotation, unfortunately. I know what you're saying about integrated QD, but that would be next to impossible on how the NSR works with it's barrel nut. I "got over it" pretty early on when these first came out.

Not anti-rotation >shiver<. Cross that off the list

Yeah, a fully integrated QD on the NSR isn't doable, but adding a piece to screw into the barrel nut like I mentioned above would be slick and straight forward enough for someone to produce.

Brahmzy
02-22-13, 14:12
Not anti-rotation >shiver<. Cross that off the list

Yeah, a fully integrated QD on the NSR isn't doable, but adding a piece to screw into the barrel nut like I mentioned above would be slick and straight forward enough for someone to produce.

Ah! Gotcha! Now I know what you're envisioning. Absolutely - or it could even span BOTH barrel nut screws on one side so it wouldn't spin. I would buy 4-8 in a heartbeat. Keep 'em as low-pro/aluminum as possible.

TODD, YOUR SUBJECTS SPEAKETH. HEAR OUR CRY.

Brahmzy
02-22-13, 14:45
*NOVESKE PRODUCT REQUEST*

NSR NRQD (Near Receiver Quick Disconnect)

*Would utilize the existing mounting screw locations on either side of the rail
*Would come with 2 longer mounting screws
*Would be lo-pro
*Would have a very slight 45 on all exposed edges
*Would be anti-rotation
*Would sport Iron Cross
*Would sell like a mofo

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5444/noveskensrqd03.jpg

panzerr
02-22-13, 15:02
That is exactly what I am talking about. Todd, do this up!

*NOVESKE PRODUCT REQUEST*

NSR NRQD (Near Receiver Quick Disconnect)

*Would utilize the existing mounting screw locations on either side of the rail
*Would come with 2 longer mounting screws
*Would be lo-pro
*Would have a very slight 45 on all exposed edges
*Would be anti-rotation
*Would sport iron cross
*Would sell like a mofo

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2789/noveskensrqd.jpg

Brahmzy
02-22-13, 15:26
With Iron Cross :D

(hopefully I didn't break any laws here)

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2789/noveskensrqd.jpg

wahoo95
02-22-13, 15:28
It would by design not be as low pro as that sketch due to the QD housing. Would be nice to have this made from steel rather than aluminum.

Brahmzy
02-22-13, 15:43
It would by design not be as low pro as that sketch due to the QD housing. Would be nice to have this made from steel rather than aluminum.

You're absolutely right on both accounts. Better?

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9759/noveskensrqd02.jpg

Hmac
02-23-13, 08:42
I just got shipping notification from Midway on an NSR 9 I've had on backorder since mid-December. Now I gotta order the 27mm crowfoot wrench and look around to see if I have some crush washers.

Brahmzy
02-23-13, 09:25
Nice - wish Midway still allowed back orders. So if they got some 9s in, wonder if the 11s are on their way soon. They've had gobs of the 13.5s in stock off n on for the last month.

Hmac
02-23-13, 09:42
Nice - wish Midway still allowed back orders. So if they got some 9s in, wonder if the 11s are on their way soon. They've had gobs of the 13.5s in stock off n on for the last month.

Ironically, I got the shipping notice from Midway about 2 hours after I backordered the NSR 9 from DSG Arms. As of a couple of minutes ago, DSG is taking backorders for the NSR rails.

DSG, like Midway, is charging MSRP $255. As opposed to Optics Planet and their apparent sister store Optics For You, both of which are taking backorders but are charging $324 for the same rail.

Brahmzy
02-23-13, 09:44
Ironically, I got the shipping notice from Midway about 2 hours after I backordered the NSR 9 from DSG Arms. As of a couple of minutes ago, DSG is taking backorders for the NSR rails.

DSG, like Midway, is charging MSRP $255. As opposed to Optics Planet and their apparent sister store Optics For You, both of which are taking backorders but are charging $324 for the same rail.

Yeah I've had 2 NSR rails BO'd since mid-Jan at DSG - nothin yet.

nml
02-23-13, 11:42
Brahmzy,

Enjoy new ideas. Just two thoughts:
1. Is there enough room between the screws? Don't know if you have as much room there as you do between two Keymod slots like Noveske's current QD mount.
2. Slings get tensioned. Aren't we attaching our sling mount directly to our barrel nut?

jaxman7
02-23-13, 11:49

Hmac,

You are welcome to borrow my crow's foot
Just ship her back when done.

-Jax

Brahmzy
02-23-13, 11:53
Brahmzy,

Enjoy new ideas. Just two thoughts:
1. Is there enough room between the screws? Don't know if you have as much room there as you do between two Keymod slots like Noveske's current QD mount.
2. Slings get tensioned. Aren't we attaching our sling mount directly to our barrel nut?

Yes, I was going completely on memory yesterday, LOL. After I decided to actually LOOK at the screw location spacing last night, the mount would have to look something like this (and it be VERY close - JUST enough room I think to sneak the screws next to the QD ring):

As far as putting a sling mount there? The NSR barrel nut system is so freaking solid, I wouldn't think twice - and think of how every other rail mounts - to the barrel nut. So the near-receiver integrated mounts on every other rail are putting just as much pressure, make that MORE pressure on the barrel nut.

Anyway, I'll quit cluttering up the thread with my MS Paint drawings, LOL! I think the brains at Noveske have probably already thought of this before the NSR was ever released and shitcanned the idea, or have something in the works, or think the existing KeyMod QD mount is sufficient. They get the idea.

Hmac
02-23-13, 12:01
Hmac,

You are welcome to borrow my crow's foot
Just ship her back when done.

-Jax

Thank you for the generous offer. My son has a complete set of SnapOn crowfoots. If his won't work, I'll PM you. Thanks again.

jaxman7
02-23-13, 13:09
Thank you for the generous offer. My son has a complete set of SnapOn crowfoots. If his won't work, I'll PM you. Thanks again.

You bet :)

-Jax

panzerr
02-23-13, 13:25
Slings get tensioned. Aren't we attaching our sling mount directly to our barrel nut?

Yes, directly rather than indirectly as it would screw directly into the barrel nut rather than attach to the rail which is in turn attached to the barrel nut. It would also be a short lever instead of a long lever and thus less likely to exert force on the barrel nut.

2nd.amendment
02-25-13, 02:01
Yes, I was going completely on memory yesterday, LOL. After I decided to actually LOOK at the screw location spacing last night, the mount would have to look something like this (and it be VERY close - JUST enough room I think to sneak the screws next to the QD ring):

As far as putting a sling mount there? The NSR barrel nut system is so freaking solid, I wouldn't think twice - and think of how every other rail mounts - to the barrel nut. So the near-receiver integrated mounts on every other rail are putting just as much pressure, make that MORE pressure on the barrel nut.

Anyway, I'll quit cluttering up the thread with my MS Paint drawings, LOL! I think the brains at Noveske have probably already thought of this before the NSR was ever released and shitcanned the idea, or have something in the works, or think the existing KeyMod QD mount is sufficient. They get the idea.

Interestingly, I just discovered that the holes in the IWC QD micro mount align perfectly with the NSR barrel nut holes. The IWC QD holes are smaller, so the NSR screws don't fit through. It is close though (sorry, no pics at the moment). (IWC QD micro mount (http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-micro-mount/))

Depending on how IWC produces their micro QD mounts, it could be a very simple change that would really only require leaving some extra room to make larger diameter holes for the NSR screws to pass through.

Brahmzy
02-25-13, 08:41
I sent a product request with a link to this thread to IWC. We'll see if they respond. Done correctly, I know this would sell.

panzerr
02-25-13, 09:02
I sent a product request with a link to this thread to IWC. We'll see if they respond. Done correctly, I know this would sell.

I have already contacted Noveske with my idea. We will see what happens.

Brahmzy
02-25-13, 09:30
I have already contacted Noveske with my idea. We will see what happens.

That would rock if they fast-tracked something in this climate. :)

Great idea and I will buy a bunch!

Hmac
02-25-13, 09:45
Sounds like a great idea, mounting the sling QD to the barrel nut. Likely securing it to the rail itself with Noveske's keymod device will work fine too-I use an IWC mounted to the carbine-length MOE on one of my rifles and that's worked fine in relatively hard use.

nickdrak
02-25-13, 20:38
My 13.5 NSR on my new 14.5" Middy build:
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5852/sdc11768.jpghttp://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7547/sdc11770a.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4475/sdc11773a.jpg

Brahmzy
02-25-13, 20:45
Nice build!

leeradio13
02-25-13, 22:50
what does NSR stand for?

Brahmzy
02-25-13, 23:03
Noveske Slim / Skinny Rail

gesundheit
02-26-13, 03:33
FYI. Midway USA has the NSR rails in stock.

Brahmzy
02-26-13, 07:45
FYI. Midway USA has the NSR rails in stock.

Just 13.5s again. Where are these elusive 11s at???

Hmac
02-26-13, 09:06
They must have just received new stock - I was just noticed that my Midway NSR 9 backorder from December has shipped. I'm not going to cancel any of my other backorders until I have the thing in my hands.

gesundheit
02-26-13, 10:44
Just 13.5s again. Where are these elusive 11s at???

Last night they had other lengths also available. I guess the word got out everywhere.

Brahmzy
02-26-13, 10:54
Last night they had other lengths also available. I guess the word got out everywhere.

Not the 11s - I was watching that page non-stop last night.

jaxman7
02-26-13, 13:06
Very nice nickdrak.

-Jax

nml
02-26-13, 13:25
Why does everyone want the 11 (given most barrel lengths)? Just curious is all.

tarkeg
02-26-13, 13:33

For a mid-length gas barrel, 11" comes out just past a low-pro gas block.

Lopro619
02-26-13, 14:05

As of a couple weeks ago everyone wanted 13.5's. I think demand was met on them and now the 11 crowd wants a piece of the action.

gesundheit
02-26-13, 14:10

I suspect this has something to do with BCM Jack carbine purportedly designed by Travis Haley that has a hand guard that is about 11" long.

Brahmzy
02-26-13, 14:21
I suspect this has something to do with BCM Jack carbine purportedly designed by Travis Haley that has a hand guard that is about 11" long.

I need an 11 for my 12.5 build. Also, not everyone with a 14.5 barrel wants 13.5 of rail. Depending on how you hold your rifle, you may not need, i.e. WANT 13.5 of rail. On a 16, it's a no brainer, but I prefer the shorter 11 on my 14.5s - so does Noveske, apparently. I tried the 13.5 rail on my 14.5 and could feel the difference immediately in how it handled, balanced, pointed vs. the 11 I had on it. It put all of that stuff (BUIS, light etc.) that much further out away from the center point of the rifle and I could feel the difference in balance.

Some folks think it looks cool, I personally go for function over form almost every time. And... 11 is enough for how I hold my rifles. If you're a locked-elbow straight-armer, 11 probably won't be enough.

A 12 NSR would be absolutely tits IMO for a 14.5, but they don't make one.

Brahmzy
02-26-13, 16:35
Brand new Noveske KeyMod 1" Light Mount available HERE (http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=km-rlm-1035&cat=184&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=)

jaxman7
02-26-13, 16:55
I need an 11 for my 12.5 build. Also, not everyone with a 14.5 barrel wants 13.5 of rail. Depending on how you hold your rifle, you may not need, i.e. WANT 13.5 of rail. On a 16, it's a no brainer, but I prefer the shorter 11 on my 14.5s - so does Noveske, apparently. I tried the 13.5 rail on my 14.5 and could feel the difference immediately in how it handled, balanced, pointed vs. the 11 I had on it. It put all of that stuff (BUIS, light etc.) that much further out away from the center point of the rifle and I could feel the difference in balance.

Some folks think it looks cool, I personally go for function over form almost every time. And... 11 is enough for how I hold my rifles. If you're a locked-elbow straight-armer, 11 probably won't be enough.

A 12 NSR would be absolutely tits IMO for a 14.5, but they don't make one.

Things such as weapon lights and front sights are quite unsubstantial as far as weight is concerned. Yet put them exceedingly far out to where you may not need them placed that far forward does make quite a difference in the perceived feel of the weight of the rifle. There is a difference between just a heavy rifle and a rifle that isn't balanced well. The more you can shift the accessories towards the center or rear the better 'balanced' it will feel.

-Jax

nml
02-26-13, 20:29
I need an 11 for my 12.5 build. Also, not everyone with a 14.5 barrel wants 13.5 of rail. Depending on how you hold your rifle, you may not need, i.e. WANT 13.5 of rail.Got it. Was curious if lots of people were doing 12.5 builds or electing for less rail estate (you = both :)). Can certainly understand the diminished point of returns in terms of length; don't think a 15" would offer me anything.

msstate56
02-26-13, 22:46
As of a couple weeks ago everyone wanted 13.5's. I think demand was met on them and now the 11 crowd wants a piece of the action.

I beg to differ. I've been trying to find a 13.5 for months now. I get the emails from Midway, but even when I log on within 10 minutes of the email going out, they are already out of stock. That has happened to me three times.

gesundheit
02-27-13, 00:37
I beg to differ. I've been trying to find a 13.5 for months now. I get the emails from Midway, but even when I log on within 10 minutes of the email going out, they are already out of stock. That has happened to me three times.

I have seen this with BCM's website, the item gets listed first and news spread like fire before the email even goes out. I have missed out on their BCGs the last four times. It is a sign of crazy times we are living in.

Benito
02-27-13, 01:47
I have seen this with BCM's website, the item gets listed first and news spread like fire before the email even goes out. I have missed out on their BCGs the last four times. It is a sign of crazy times we are living in.

Hah! Yeah, last week I was logged onto my email got a notification, within 5 seconds clicked on the link, started furiously typing in my info and by the time I went to checkout: ... Out Of Stock.
Arghh!!

DOA
02-27-13, 01:54
Alot of the BCM BCG's get bought up just to re-sell. There are no less than 4 at Calguns going for $315-355. Just a quick glance at ar15.com and there are at least 3 ads for them, all about the same price. I wish people would just buy one for themselves and leave the rest for those that need them for builds.

Koshinn
02-27-13, 02:00

Keep checking the "where can I get it" thread, it's often much quicker than notification emails. I've used that to get a stripped lower, complete BCM upper, BC< bcg, lpk, a few magazines, and trigger earlier this month. The stuff generally sold out before the notification emails went out, but was posted in that thread very soon after it was released.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100661&page=275

I also used the thread to get a 13.5" NSR this month.

Koshinn
03-01-13, 03:36
So I got the noveske nsr crow foot wrench and tried to install my nsr with it. The wrench's arms started to bend/deform, which made it very hard to finish the install. I damaged my barrel nut wrench flats pretty good in the process and I'm still about 1.5mm at 45 ftlb or so from alignment.

txbonds
03-01-13, 05:31
So I got the noveske nsr crow foot wrench and tried to install my nsr with it. The wrench's arms started to bend/deform, which made it very hard to finish the install. I damaged my barrel nut wrench flats pretty good in the process and I'm still about 1.5mm at 45 ftlb or so from alignment.

Did you try flipping the barrel nut around to the other end and trying again? Mine didn't take nearly that much effort to get tight and aligned but I did play with the barrel nut direction a few times to decide which end to use.

I don't have my instruction sheet here but seems like it said you only needed about 30 ftlb on the nut but I could be wrong. Worse case though just buy a 1-1/16 combo wrench and turn into position without regard to the torque wrench but try flipping the nut first.

panzerr
03-01-13, 05:46
I used a 10" adjustable crescent wrench from Home Depot to install my NSR barrel nut. It worked just fine and didn't take anywhere near enough effort to damage the nut.

Brahmzy
03-01-13, 07:50

Yikes. We're you using 3/8s or 1/2? Was the foot fully seated the whole time? Sumpin' ain't right.

Koshinn
03-01-13, 12:12
Did you try flipping the barrel nut around to the other end and trying again? Mine didn't take nearly that much effort to get tight and aligned but I did play with the barrel nut direction a few times to decide which end to use.

I don't have my instruction sheet here but seems like it said you only needed about 30 ftlb on the nut but I could be wrong. Worse case though just buy a 1-1/16 combo wrench and turn into position without regard to the torque wrench but try flipping the nut first.

Yeah, I tried both sides and this one was closest.

It's 30, then align it. That's what I'm doing.

Hmac
03-02-13, 14:59
Midway did indeed get me the NSR9 I ordered back in December - was delivered yesterday. I installed it on an 11.5 SBR, removing the DD Lite 9 that I had on it. No issues getting the DD off, pinned and set screwed low profile gas block came off fine as well. Installation of the NSR was straightforward using a Giessele reaction rod and a Snap-On crowfoot, although it did take every bit of 80 ft-lbs to get it lined up. Only about 100 rounds through it just to make sure the gas system was still running...I didn't even take the time to sight it in. It sure does handle differently. I like it.

Before and after.

http://SSEquine.net/noveskensr2s.jpg

http://SSEquine.net/sbr6s.jpg

Brahmzy
03-02-13, 17:59
Looks great!

madisonsfinest
03-02-13, 18:37
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/03/rute4ahe.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/03/pugyjupe.jpg

Sorry for the crappy Iphone pics

Koshinn
03-02-13, 18:41
Has anyone drilled their upper for the anti rotation pin?

gesundheit
03-02-13, 20:02
madisonsfinest, since you seem to have a non-Noveske upper, did you drill a hole for NSR's anti-rotation pin?

Brahmzy
03-02-13, 21:24
I haven't heard of anyone drilling the hole yet.

madisonsfinest
03-02-13, 21:35
No drilling.

Aaron_B
03-02-13, 22:01
I have installed 2 NSRs both on Colt uppers and haven't drilled either one. No issues as of yet, don't forsee any issues either.

Cold
03-02-13, 22:11
Tribute to Johnny Project.

Part One:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5452/85913055202120149820748.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/85913055202120149820748.jpg/)

tarkeg
03-02-13, 22:52
Now THAT is a most excellent picture.

Nice tribute, well done.

Cold
03-02-13, 23:46
Now THAT is a most excellent picture.

Nice tribute, well done.

It's not done yet, the remainder of the tribute is in progress but I know it is something he would have loved. I will post photos as it comes together.

Koshinn
03-02-13, 23:53
Tribute to Johnny Project.

Part One:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5452/85913055202120149820748.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/85913055202120149820748.jpg/)

Is that some kind of bumpfire mechanism? I've never seen something like that before, but if I had to guess:

There's a spring between the back of the buffer tube and the handles so when the rifle recoils, it's pushed forward into the trigger bar thing that clamps over the trigger guard area. So just pulling the trigger bar back (or perhaps pushing a button near the top of the handles that acts as a lever to pull the bar back) causes the whole rifle to bump fire full auto. The only other thing that needs to be done is the mount interface between the NSR and the tripod has to slide itself otherwise the rifle wouldn't be moving anywhere.

Am I close? :D

Cold
03-03-13, 15:11
Is that some kind of bumpfire mechanism? I've never seen something like that before, but if I had to guess:

There's a spring between the back of the buffer tube and the handles so when the rifle recoils, it's pushed forward into the trigger bar thing that clamps over the trigger guard area. So just pulling the trigger bar back (or perhaps pushing a button near the top of the handles that acts as a lever to pull the bar back) causes the whole rifle to bump fire full auto. The only other thing that needs to be done is the mount interface between the NSR and the tripod has to slide itself otherwise the rifle wouldn't be moving anywhere.

Am I close? :D

No, its a spade grip attachment which allows full auto AR's to mimic other full auto guns that have spade grips. Pretty simple really. Part two of the project has been ordered and I am awaiting delivery of it.

Koshinn
03-03-13, 15:14
No, its a spade grip attachment which allows full auto AR's to mimic other full auto guns that have spade grips. Pretty simple really. Part two of the project has been ordered and I am awaiting delivery of it.

Aw, I thought it was something super clever. :(

Hmac
03-03-13, 16:42
I sighted in my SBR at the local 50 yard indoor range this afternoon after changing the rail from a DD Lite 9.0 over to an NSR 9. I was pleased and a little surprised at how little zero shift there was in both irons and Eotech with the the new rail after after barrel removal and rail reinstall with no indexing mechanism.

I shot about 200 rounds over 1/2 hour without gloves. No rail panels installed. I gotta say...it gets a little warm up there at the front. Long shooting sessions such as a typical carbine course are going to want gloves, or at least install the rail panels IMHO.

bleaman225
03-03-13, 16:48
Has anyone drilled their upper for the anti rotation pin?

Yes. I did it for my friend's build. After I had the receiver fixtured and trued, it was a very quick process.

If I still had access to the machine shop, I would offer the service to everyone out there in internet land but I don't have reliable access to the equipment.

Aaron_B
03-03-13, 18:14
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/aaronwbunch/DSC_0097_zps3bd063a2.jpg

Work in progress - Colt 6720, 13.5 NSR, KAC sights, KAC trigger guard.

paintballswimguy
03-12-13, 16:54
Rainier just had the 11 inch NSR in stock, but I missed it :-(

Onyx Z
03-12-13, 20:23
Got one a few weeks ago for my 300BLK! :)

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=15843&stc=1&d=1363137722

paintballswimguy
03-13-13, 15:16
Atomic Tactical has a few 11 inch NSR rails in stock. They aren't on the website, you'll have to call if you're interested 612-454-7985. I just ordered one from them over the phone. They said it would ship out tomorrow at the latest. I ordered a rainier select barrel from them about 3 weeks ago and a gas block about 2 weeks ago. They ship fast and they are charging full retail. (aka not price gouging)

I have a 13.5 inch and 11 inch NSR now. I figured I'd try both and sell my least favorite!

fallenromeo
03-14-13, 13:54
Where can I get a NSR barrel nut wrench? Most sites sell the wrench with the rail, but I ordered from a site that didn't include it. Any help would be appreciated.

wahoo95
03-14-13, 14:16
Where can I get a NSR barrel nut wrench? Most sites sell the wrench with the rail, but I ordered from a site that didn't include it. Any help would be appreciated.

I used a 1 1/16" Crescent Wrench. Have installed enough barrels mt arm is calibrated.

You can get a crowfoot wrench set from Northern Tool.

fallenromeo
03-14-13, 15:23
I used a 1 1/16" Crescent Wrench. Have installed enough barrels mt arm is calibrated.

You can get a crowfoot wrench set from Northern Tool.

Thanks!

Noodles
03-14-13, 16:11
What was the consensus on drilling the upper? Did anyone get a measurement?

I'll set my upper in the mill and do it if I can get the right hole distance from the gas tube hole and also from the top of the rail (visually more important to me I'm sure).

I finally have my 11" coming for my 12.5" gun. Still kicking around if I should wait for the Mega MKM or just plan on getting a 13.5" for my 16" gun... Oh crap, now I need to find a crows foot like everyone else :)

Lopro619
03-14-13, 18:23
What was the consensus on drilling the upper? Did anyone get a measurement?

I'll set my upper in the mill and do it if I can get the right hole distance from the gas tube hole and also from the top of the rail (visually more important to me I'm sure).

I finally have my 11" coming for my 12.5" gun. Still kicking around if I should wait for the Mega MKM or just plan on getting a 13.5" for my 16" gun... Oh crap, now I need to find a crows foot like everyone else :)

Snapon.com

madisonsfinest
03-15-13, 15:09
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/16/ybunamej.jpg

It took 3 panel packages to cover this

Aaron_B
03-15-13, 18:31
Looks good! Just wondering though, why cover the entire rail? Don't most just put them where they place their hands often?

wahoo95
03-15-13, 18:52
Only took 3 packages for a whole handguard? I just realized my 1 package isn't enough to cover 3 sides at one hand position. Would think they'd at least give enough to do that since the picture on the package alludes to it. Anyone know who has any black panel sets in stock as I need one more.

madisonsfinest
03-15-13, 19:09
I put them on to protect the rail. I also grab the rifle all over at work as I have to get it in and out of the rifle rack in my squad.

madisonsfinest
03-15-13, 19:10
Wahoo noveske has them in stock. Get 'em quick!

Aaron_B
03-15-13, 19:45
Fair enough.

I put them on to protect the rail. I also grab the rifle all over at work as I have to get it in and out of the rifle rack in my squad.

tat2
03-16-13, 14:26
I run my 15" naked for 3 gun. It's such a sexy rail....hate to cover it all up! :D

T

jerrysimons
03-18-13, 01:04
I run my 15" naked for 3 gun. It's such a sexy rail....hate to cover it all up! :D

T

You have a 15" !? When did they deliver??

norinco982lover
03-20-13, 00:15
I was in a carbine class last weekend and two of my Noveske NSR Keymod rail covers fell off.

I had noted on installation that the large Keymod panel with the grip stop built in is molded so that either side of the grip stop piece is bent down away from where it would meet the rail.

Anyone have any ideas? Should I try buying a third pack of them because the first two packs are both like this...I didn't enjoy digging for pieces of my gun during the class :)

The 2nd piece that fell off wasn't a locking piece so I'm specifically worried about the locking grip stop piece not locking.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh617/norinco982lover/4E05C824-9973-40C9-884A-8A925B466511-10374-00000AE72C381D39_zps6823b2af.jpg

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh617/norinco982lover/3321239E-7B44-4B1D-AB2C-CE0E2226F5A7-10374-00000AE7813B6796_zps9d9bb5a4.jpg

grunz
03-20-13, 02:20
Just run this rail with gloves. bet a pair of mechanix gloves costs less than the rail panels needed to cover 3,6,9. :)

tat2
03-20-13, 03:41
You have a 15" !? When did they deliver??

I believe I got it in February,

T

Lopro619
03-20-13, 07:50
I was in a carbine class last weekend and two of my Noveske NSR Keymod rail covers fell off.

I had noted on installation that the large Keymod panel with the grip stop built in is molded so that either side of the grip stop piece is bent down away from where it would meet the rail.

Anyone have any ideas? Should I try buying a third pack of them because the first two packs are both like this...I didn't enjoy digging for pieces of my gun during the class :)

The 2nd piece that fell off wasn't a locking piece so I'm specifically worried about the locking grip stop piece not locking.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh617/norinco982lover/4E05C824-9973-40C9-884A-8A925B466511-10374-00000AE72C381D39_zps6823b2af.jpg

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh617/norinco982lover/3321239E-7B44-4B1D-AB2C-CE0E2226F5A7-10374-00000AE7813B6796_zps9d9bb5a4.jpg

Do you have a key mod rail in front of the panels? If so it may not have enough room to push the locking piece in all the way.

norinco982lover
03-20-13, 07:56
Yeah there is plenty of room. The pieces that are supposed to lock are just loose. The flat locking panels seem to lock fine but the panels with the locking hand stop from each package seems to be bent as you can see in the photo.

In the photo it's not pushed away from the rail because there is nowhere for it to lock, it is bent away from the rail and that's how it is molded. If I hold it down with my finger than it will stay on but it falls off pretty easy with nothing pushing the locking tab into the rail.

I heated it up last night with a blowdryer and that POSSIBLY helped it somewhat...

Lopro619
03-20-13, 08:01
Yeah there is plenty of room. The pieces that are supposed to lock are just loose. The flat locking panels seem to lock fine but the panels with the locking hand stop from each package seems to be bent as you can see in the photo.

In the photo it's not pushed away from the rail because there is nowhere for it to lock, it is bent away from the rail and that's how it is molded. If I hold it down with my finger than it will stay on but it falls off pretty easy with nothing pushing the locking tab into the rail.

I heated it up last night with a blowdryer and that POSSIBLY helped it somewhat...

Both of mine are bent like that as well on 2 rifles, and don't look like they are sitting flush. However to remove them I still have to pry up on the tabs to remove the hand stop locking panel.

Brahmzy
03-20-13, 08:05
What would've been wrong with having the end piece actually screw in with a std KeyMod type fastener? Something lopro, but solid.

Hmac
03-20-13, 08:22
I've concluded that just using gloves is, so far, the best solution for me. I'm guessing that as time goes by we'll see more keymod rail options and a handstop options from Noveske or other third -party mfgrs.

norinco982lover
03-20-13, 08:26
If it falls off again I may just replace it with a flush locking keymod piece.

SteveL
03-20-13, 08:27
My handstop pieces are bent just like the ones in the photo.

Brahmzy
03-20-13, 08:38
They are molded 'bent'.
And yes, gloves for me as well.

norinco982lover
03-20-13, 08:56
This was built as a patrol rifle and I am not always wearing gloves so that's why I went with the Keymod covers.

I may just try the flush locking pieces tonight, I don't really need that handstop anyways and the flush pieces lock tighter.

Thanks guys!

Tier One Arms
03-26-13, 13:57
Here is a tutorial on how to get a AFG to fit perfectly on the NSR. My friend wrote this up.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=732457

hydro556
03-26-13, 14:30
This thread is huge, and I'm going to work through it. But if anyone knows where pics of a 14.5 Noveske barrel, with a 13 NSR rail are, please point me to it.

I have a 14.5 lightweight stainless Noveske barrel, and 13" fde NSR rail due next week. Just Curtis what these will look like.

Brahmzy
03-26-13, 14:32
This thread is huge, and I'm going to work through it. But if anyone knows where pics of a 14.5 Noveske barrel, with a 13 NSR rail are, please point me to it.

I have a 14.5 lightweight stainless Noveske barrel, and 13" fde NSR rail due next week. Just Curtis what these will look like.

Seriously? Type this into Google Images. C'mon man.

"nsr 13.5 on 14.5"

hydro556
03-26-13, 14:34
Actually I should rephrase, I'm trying to decide whether to get the 11 or 13.5".

And I will Google it, when not on my phone.

Lopro619
03-26-13, 14:37
Heres my afghan with 13.5 NSR and a 14.5" barrel

http://imageshack.us/a/img94/2645/img0149mn.jpg

hydro556
03-26-13, 14:45
Heres my afghan with 13.5 NSR and a 14.5" barrel

http://imageshack.us/a/img94/2645/img0149mn.jpg

Excellent thanks. Looks like there will be room to clear my sdn6. Was hoping I'd be able to use the longer rail and still clear it.

Just have to get the 51t pinned and welded. Appreciate the help and nice carbine.

Defender3
03-26-13, 16:46
LaRue upper with Noveske 13" NSR and 16" FN barrel:

The second build is a LaRue upper with a 16" Lothar Walther barrel and a 11" Noveske NSR:.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/defender3va/DSC_0609_zpsa5e26da7.jpg

Noodles
03-27-13, 13:09
My barrel nut would NOT index correctly, waiting a new one from Noveske. Should be here today, excited for that!

Decided that the giessele reaction rod would be a really great tool to have and I want one!

Hmac
03-27-13, 13:33
My barrel nut would NOT index correctly, waiting a new one from Noveske. Should be here today, excited for that!

Decided that the giessele reaction rod would be a really great tool to have and I want one!

My barrel nut did index OK, but it took every bit of 80 ft-lbs (and maybe a hair more) to get it there. The reaction rod took a lot of the anxiety out of that process for me.

Brahmzy
03-27-13, 14:04
Out of my 4 NSRs so far, all have indexed fine. 3 I had to switch to the 'other' side of the nut (thank freakin' goodness John thought to give us two options to time it) but all worked great.
I tend to like barrel nuts on the tighter side, so I'm accustomed to getting a foot into it. Always with the moly grease, 4 tighten/loosen routines.

Just about perfection on the design IMO. Maybe a titanium nut would've been perfection?

grunz
03-27-13, 14:49
My BBL nut wouldn't index right either side so my gunsmith lathed it out a bit and the worked fine.

Aaron_B
03-27-13, 16:32
I have put 2 NSR's on and haven't had a problem indexing. I did have to swap to the other side but, that was it. I wonder why so many are having issues.

Noodles
03-27-13, 16:57
I have put 2 NSR's on and haven't had a problem indexing. I did have to swap to the other side but, that was it. I wonder why so many are having issues.

Honestly not sure!!!

But I got my second nut in today and that one STILL doesn't work! So.... I'm definitely not going to make it to 3-gun tonight! :) I think with this second nut I could force it by going to over 80lbs toque, but no thanks! I'm already not super-happy with this upper as it's showing NOTICEABLE flex at 80lbs.

I'm sending Noveske all my parts and they're going to look at it for me. They've been really helpful so far. I'm sure mine is the fluke (my luck!)

Lopro619
03-27-13, 17:12
Honestly not sure!!!

But I got my second nut in today and that one STILL doesn't work! So.... I'm definitely not going to make it to 3-gun tonight! :) I think with this second nut I could force it by going to over 80lbs toque, but no thanks! I'm already not super-happy with this upper as it's showing NOTICEABLE flex at 80lbs.

I'm sending Noveske all my parts and they're going to look at it for me. They've been really helpful so far. I'm sure mine is the fluke (my luck!)

you've now successfully troubleshot out that it's your upper then

Aaron_B
03-27-13, 17:22
Yeah definitely wouldn't go over 80. That's crazy 2 different nuts not working. I guess it could be a possibility of you upper being out of spec but idk. Good luck with getting everything straightened out.

Honestly not sure!!!

calvin118
03-27-13, 19:09
I have installed 3 NSR's and all three required going just a hair over 80ft lbs.

Hmac
03-27-13, 20:36
I have installed 3 NSR's and all three required going just a hair over 80ft lbs.

Yes. The reaction rod allows cranking hard on the barrel nut without having to watch that troublesome receiver deformation.

Onyx Z
03-28-13, 08:10
Mine is indexing just fine, but I'm having trouble getting it lined up just right w/ my Vltor upper receiver. It's very close, but just a hair off...

Noodles
03-28-13, 11:15
Yes. The reaction rod allows cranking hard on the barrel nut without having to watch that troublesome receiver deformation.

This.

Yea, I'm sure Noveske will figure out exactly what the issue is and let me know. I'm REALLY glad we're talking about Noveske and not say Troy or MI here, I'd be slightly worried then. No particular offense to those companies, but I think we can be honest about who is best prepared to diagnose an assembly issue.

... I don't know about my upper being out of spec, maybe. It's a keyhole I got out of BCM, and this is the fourth rail I've had on it. For what it's worth between the DD RIS II, DD OmegaX, Rainier EVO, and the Noveske, there is no comparison at all. This is by far my favorite and likely the one I'll actually keep.

Glad I decided not to mill in the index pin on this upper before I got everything fit up first. Oh well, I have some time before I'll need the gun back.

So far with Noveske's serivce, I've absolutely decided to run a 7" NSR on an 8.2" 300blk! ... Also to buy a Gieselle reaction rod, I was watching my receiver flex WAY too much!!!

notintheface
03-28-13, 15:03
What lengths are available?

Noodles
03-28-13, 15:13
What lengths are available?

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=183

7, 9, 11, 13.5, 15, 16.7, maybe others I don't know about.

Cold
03-28-13, 19:26
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6309/johnnymag1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/90/johnnymag1.jpg/)

Go get the very limited edition Johnny Pmag over on Noveske.com with 100% of the proceeds going to John's children. Nuff said about it!

wilson1911
03-28-13, 20:28
I would agree, I have just put nsr's on all my guns and they are a couple of thousandths off. You can't really tell until you try and mount something where they join.

But, all said and done, I love the nsr rail. I do not have big hands and this helps a lot with holding the weapon.

I have vltor and noveske recievers and a kac.

tw4
03-30-13, 22:02
I just got an NSR with my 300blk Noveske upper now I want a 5.56 I like it better than the VIS I have now.

Famine
04-01-13, 04:41
Has anyone put a bipod on an NSR? I'm yet to see any Keymod bipod mounts, so I'm thinking of grabbing a rail section.

Onyx Z
04-01-13, 08:04
Has anyone put a bipod on an NSR? I'm yet to see any Keymod bipod mounts, so I'm thinking of grabbing a rail section.

The Noveske TRX Bipod stud works for me with my Harris bipod:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=trx-ss&cat=165&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

It's made for the Troy Alpha rail, play around with it and you'll figure how to make it work.

wilson1911
04-01-13, 10:22
If you buy the larue Harris bipod with quick detach all it takes is a short keymod section.

tat2
04-01-13, 13:32
i got the Noveske TRX stud too.

T

Koshinn
04-01-13, 17:31
i got the Noveske TRX stud too.

T

This is the best solution imo. Works very well, almost as if it was designed that way...

You just flip both the locking plate and the washer upside down and it fits perfectly into the large hole of a keymod section.

With bipod and mag, my rifle weighs 10 lbs now... 11 with the sdn6 whenever it comes in the mail

Hop
04-01-13, 20:59
They are molded 'bent'.
And yes, gloves for me as well.

The long single piece cover is too long for the shortest NSR rail. I didn't want to cut it so ordered two more kits. All of the rear stops were molded "bent". They do not stay put. :confused:

Koshinn
04-02-13, 04:24
If I cover all the keymod slots with the plastic handguards, will that have a large negative impact on cooling?

gesundheit
04-02-13, 06:27
If I cover all the keymod slots with the plastic handguards, will that have a large negative impact on cooling?

Well plastic won't conduct heat as well as metal so it will have a negative effect on heat dissipation. How much will depend on your weapon use and application.

Koshinn
04-02-13, 07:43
Well plastic won't conduct heat as well as metal so it will have a negative effect on heat dissipation. How much will depend on your weapon use and application.

I am also worried about air flow restriction actually. It's a combat carbine, planning on using it hard.

Hmac
04-02-13, 08:23
I put my SBR with NSR 9 through some intense firing the other day. I found that even with gloves, that rail gets pretty hot, so I did install the plastic covers. They slid on and locked without any problem. They seem pretty secure but I need to get back to the range to see how they hold up to firing and how hot they get.

Mrick
04-17-13, 21:41

Yep, I just installed a 13.5 FDE duracoated NSR on a Aero Precision upper and it required approx 80-90 ft lbs. This was after switching the Nut to the better fitting side too. I actually loosened it again after this and retorqued it to around 80 ft lbs and it lined up perfectly. Just letting others know what they're in store for ;)

Hmac
04-17-13, 22:36
After some fairly sustained fire, the temp of the rail with covers was 140 degrees. Almost, but not quite, hot enough to need gloves. I think I'm going to be wearing them anyway.

Brahmzy
04-17-13, 22:52
Yep, I just installed a 13.5 FDE duracoated NSR on a Aero Precision upper and it required approx 80-90 ft lbs. This was after switching the Nut to the better fitting side too. I actually loosened it again after this and retorqued it to around 80 ft lbs and it lined up perfectly. Just letting others know what they're in store for ;)

Did yet another NSR the other day and this one was little different from the 80-90lb ones I've done before.
First side was a paltry 15-20lbs but would have been over 100lbs if I went to the next spot. Flipped the nut and got a nice 70lbs out of it - perfect. Wish they were all like that!

SteveL
04-20-13, 09:11
Is there still no word on anyone putting out a VFG for the NSR?

banjo
04-20-13, 14:59
Is there still no word on anyone putting out a VFG for the NSR?

I'm also curious.
A keymod style TangoDown short VFG would be awesome.

Brahmzy
04-20-13, 15:02
I'm also curious.
A keymod style TangoDown short VFG would be awesome.

This. I'd buy 2 today. Right now, I've got 2 TD Stubby's attached via MagPul MOE Rail sections. It works, but a fully-contoured Stubby VFG would be awesome - JUST like the Stubby TD - Nice a light, with the same shape/length/grip.

ScatmanCrothers
04-20-13, 15:31
This. I'd buy 2 today. Right now, I've got 2 TD Stubby's attached via MagPul MOE Rail sections. It works, but a fully-contoured Stubby VFG would be awesome - JUST like the Stubby TD - Nice a light, with the same shape/length/grip.

Funny you mention this. I need to install a rail at the back of my panel section for a QD TD stubby until they [hopefully] make a keymod specific one. I've seen how the MOE rail section looked with the MOE vfg on it, but what about the TD? Does the TD have a gap between it and the handguard when using the NSR rail section, and the MOE rail section doesn't?

Brahmzy
04-20-13, 17:53
Funny you mention this. I need to install a rail at the back of my panel section for a QD TD stubby until they [hopefully] make a keymod specific one. I've seen how the MOE rail section looked with the MOE vfg on it, but what about the TD? Does the TD have a gap between it and the handguard when using the NSR rail section, and the MOE rail section doesn't?

Hope these help - it's a nice, comfortable transition with the bevel and perfect amount of slots.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8536/nsrtds01s.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4221/nsrtds02s.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1369/nsrtds03s.jpg

ScatmanCrothers
04-20-13, 18:29
Thats exactly what I was wondering about. Thanks man.

I'll have to get one and see about working the panels around it.

jaxman7
04-20-13, 20:25
Thats exactly what I was wondering about. Thanks man.

I'll have to get one and see about working the panels around it.

The panels will sit flush with the MOE rail. You have some play obviously with where you want to lock it down. Forward portion of the slot to the rear. Install your panels first after deciding where you want the grip on the NSR. Mount the rail and if I can remember right if you pull the rail as far back to the rear in the 2 slots that it is mounted on it will be flush. Make sense?

I have the same setup as Brahmzy but I I have the panels and my TD stubby doesn't have the ADM mount. Will post pics tomorrow.

-Jax

ScatmanCrothers
04-21-13, 07:15
The panels will sit flush with the MOE rail. You have some play obviously with where you want to lock it down. Forward portion of the slot to the rear. Install your panels first after deciding where you want the grip on the NSR. Mount the rail and if I can remember right if you pull the rail as far back to the rear in the 2 slots that it is mounted on it will be flush. Make sense?

I have the same setup as Brahmzy but I I have the panels and my TD stubby doesn't have the ADM mount. Will post pics tomorrow.

-Jax

Yeah, I follow. I think the MOE rail not being constricted by the keymod slots is definitely an advantage.

I actually notched out one of the single panel pieces (non-locking piece) for a 4 slot NSR rail, and the rail itself locks the piece in tight at the end of the panel section. I wasn't a fan of the 1 keyhole gap between the end of the panel and the end of the NSR rail. I'll post pictures of my hackjob later today (actually turned out well).

I won't be able to mount the stubby to it until I get home next weekend but i think it could work if the NSR rail doesn't make it sit out too far from the NSR itself. Just sounds like the MOE rail is a better solution; I'd be interested in seeing pics of your setup.

jaxman7
04-21-13, 08:29
A little more of a gap than I remembered but all you have to do is loosen up the mounting screws and push it forward a little. I would recommend keeping the MOE panel to the rear most part of the slots it is mounted on.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20130421_081558_328_zps12d1ab91.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20130421_081614_980_zpscd4e426c.jpg

-Jax

Brahmzy
04-21-13, 08:56
Nice setup Jax - I need to give those panels another try.

jaxman7
04-21-13, 09:07
Appreciate that Brahmzy! Yeah this is hands down my favorite rifle I have ever owned.

-Jax

ScatmanCrothers
04-21-13, 09:41
Got a line on another stippled extra-stubby? :jester:

Looks good Jax. Seeing as how I'm not a fan of the handstop pieces in the panel kits, and the inevitible protrusion they leave in the rear, I'd say that's the best setup for controlling this thing i've seen so far.

SteveL
04-21-13, 10:45
That's a nice looking work-around Brahmzy and Jaxman, and nice work on the stippling too. I'm just surprised nobody has even announced a purpose-made VFG for the NSR yet. One that would seamlessly contour in with the rail panels would be the way to go.

caelumatra
04-21-13, 13:40
I saw one on TOS but it's so ghetto IMO its not really an option
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/574010_.html&page=1

This gal put together what seems like the only decent option ATM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6quU65l_Z7U

She uses 2 or 3 VFG rail sections together to get a lower profile mounting solution. She says that they only come with the vfg so I'm not sure if they're these: http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG406/103 or something slimmer

Brahmzy
04-21-13, 14:03
She uses 2 or 3 VFG rail sections together to get a lower profile mounting solution. She says that they only come with the vfg so I'm not sure if they're these: http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG406/103 or something slimmer

Pretty sure the separate MOE rail sections are the same profile as the ones that come with the VFG, so they could/should accomplish the same thing with multiple size options. Could be wrong though. I know the MOE rail sections are a much closer-to-the-rail profile than Noveske's metal sections.

Lopro619
04-21-13, 14:26

How is that guys afg mod ghetto? He did a really nice job on that.

banjo
04-21-13, 19:14
A little more of a gap than I remembered but all you have to do is loosen up the mounting screws and push it forward a little. I would recommend keeping the MOE panel to the rear most part of the slots it is mounted on.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20130421_081558_328_zps12d1ab91.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20130421_081614_980_zpscd4e426c.jpg

-Jax

Jax, that TD stubby you got looks shorter than other stubbys; yours only has two ribs while the others I see have three. Did you chop yours and glue/epoxy the cap back on? Looks nice.

jaxman7
04-21-13, 19:27
Jax, that TD stubby you got looks shorter than other stubbys; yours only has two ribs while the others I see have three. Did you chop yours and glue/epoxy the cap back on? Looks nice.

Si Senor. Thats exactly what I did. Chopped, reshaped the bottom and glued the cap on.

-Jax

SteveL
04-21-13, 19:48

Interesting. I might just do what she did until there's something purpose made released.

As far as the rail sections, I'm pretty sure the VFG rail sections are indeed different than the ones you linked to. Notice the ones she used only had two slots for mounting, but the one you linked to appears to have five.

MK75
04-22-13, 18:12
Looks good to me, is it worth the added cost?

Javelin
04-23-13, 00:55
Looks good to me, is it worth the added cost?

I'm going to say yes cause of the cool factor but I personally own noveske sbr rifles with TRX, noveske standard rail, and one with.A ViS... So for me it's a pass but I still think they are pretty neat.

Todd.K
04-23-13, 20:30
Pretty sure the separate MOE rail sections are the same profile as the ones that come with the VFG

The rail section that comes with the RVG is actually a bit thinner than the MOE rails sections. It lacks the 1913 spec clearance under the rail, so some other things might not fit.

Noodles
04-30-13, 12:56
Can anyone tell me with any degree of reasonable certainty just how long the MOE rail panel screws should be?

I have some with me at work and can hack a couple down quickly but need a rough measurement. The other option is with the right length I can go over to my local specialty fastener store and get the right screws. In that case, does anyone have the spec for them?

Also, Todd.... No longer with Noveske????

Agile53
04-30-13, 13:05
Correctamente re. Todd, started a thread asking that back in March, mod promptly shut it down, cannot address the first question in your post so .......

Noodles
04-30-13, 15:59
Correctamente re. Todd, started a thread asking that back in March, mod promptly shut it down, cannot address the first question in your post so .......

That makes no sense, why would anyone (even the heavy handed mods here) shut down a post regarding how long the screws should be for the MOE rail to fit an NSR?

Lopro619
04-30-13, 16:01
That makes no sense, why would anyone (even the heavy handed mods here) shut down a post regarding how long the screws should be for the MOE rail to fit an NSR?

the way I read it, the mods shut down the thread in regards to why Todd is no longer with Noveske..

Noodles
04-30-13, 16:10
the way I read it, the mods shut down the thread in regards to why Todd is no longer with Noveske..

Ah, ok, that makes sense. I mean, no, it doesn't actually, but I was just curious what the story was since I've talked to him on the phone when he was there on technical issues. But fine.

So, back to the MOE screw length... does anyone have one they can zip out and measure quickly?

Better yet... Can someone get me a wall thickness on the section the MOE rail attaches to the NSR (that flat), the MOE+backer is .310", so the screw seems like it should be .310"+wall thickness of the NSR.

Agile53
04-30-13, 16:13
Thx Lopro, that's what I was trying to say. I was not trying to answer Noodle's first question, merely his last comment re. Todd.

Personally I'm just glad to see Todd still posting here, sure he had his reasons for leaving Nov. & IMHO it is their loss.

Noodles
04-30-13, 16:26
IMHO it is their loss.

From my dealings with him, almost certainly. However, there are two sides to every story, but this one doesn't sound like the two sides agree... oh boy, dramaz!

MOE "MAGPUL" marked Screws: #10 x 24tpi ~0.615 (39/64ths?) long

The Vltor thread spec seems to be .080" MIN for wall thickness on a keymod secion. And .063 from midway on the keymod shoulder, so the wall thickness is probably around .080 for the section I'm interested in since the MOE rail will have no shoulder.

My guess the .310 + .080 = .390" estimated screw length. Anyone have the wall thickness or empirical screw length?

EDIT: NSR thickness at bottom as it would pertain to MOE screw length, seems to be ~0.088, meaning I'm going to suggest if someone were looknig for the correct screw to use MOE rail panels, it would be a #10x24tpi at .398 min length, I'll go look at screws today and see if I can find some 7/16ths long screws and get some pics.

Noodles
05-06-13, 11:33
Confirmed.

The proper length for cutting down MOE screws is almost exactly to .4" worth of threads. The threads end almost perfectly level with the end of the nut. I would have preferred to turn them down so they had a nice start thread. Instead I threaded the backer plate on all the way, stuck that in the vise, ground down to .4, filed to clean up then backed the nut off further cleaning the thread start.

Took about two seconds to thread on and the RVG segment fits my atlas bipod pretty well.

Noodles
05-23-13, 23:05
http://s22.postimg.org/vftbnhlc1/photo_1.jpg

16" carbon barrel with a 13.5", and the MOE rail holding the bipod on.

jayband
06-03-13, 12:20
I recently pick a 11" and amaze how light the rail is, it beautiful after dressing up with the polymer cover

evi1joe
06-03-13, 12:38
If anyone needs MOE length screws, I have a huge pack I'll send you for shipping (an envelope and shipping should be like 4-5 dollars for the whole bag). I don't want to go into business shipping these, but don't mind sending it to someone who just needs a few either--they have mailer bags for $1.19, and like $1-2 shipping will get you 10 screws. Email me if interested (I'm making several trips to the PO over the next few days).
I ordered them and they worked perfectly with my 13.5" NSR and a Colt M4 style barrel--got the info from the old, original 13.5" NSR thread.
--joe f
JFLOW25@GMAIL.COM

madisonsfinest
06-03-13, 23:19
Shot about 100 rounds through my Colt 6920 with 13.5 NSR. I'm glad I have the polymer panels on, because that bad boy was getting hot!

gohuskers
06-11-13, 09:04

Love the looks of the 13.5 on a 16" barrel.

hunt_ak
06-11-13, 09:06

Details on the carbon barrel? Weight? Where did you source it from?

ejskle
06-16-13, 08:32
A couple questions:

On Keymod itself: it looks like some attachment accessories put a little tab in the next hole over to deal with counter-recoil. Why didn't they just create a slightly wider opening at the end of the skinny part of the key, so the screws themselves would be secured in both directions instead of needing to use an extra hole?

On the SR: I actually just read through this whole thread and didn't see an official explanation for why there are't keymod holes on the angles as well, like the URX4. That would seem to add flexibility with no downside (other than maybe machine time).

Ironman8
06-16-13, 08:58
Hope these help - it's a nice, comfortable transition with the bevel and perfect amount of slots.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8536/nsrtds01s.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4221/nsrtds02s.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1369/nsrtds03s.jpg

Brahmzy,

Just noticed that you have the NSR flashlight ring mounts. I haven't been able to find pics of it at the angles I was hoping for, so if you don't mind....can you take a pic of how the light sits in relation to the rail from directly over the top of it (12:00)? Also, a pic from directly in front (looking down the muzzle)? And one from directly behind and over the 12:00 rail (as if you're looking just over the optic)?

Thanks man.

SteveL
06-16-13, 09:02
A couple questions:

On Keymod itself: it looks like some attachment accessories put a little tab in the next hole over to deal with counter-recoil. Why didn't they just create a slightly wider opening at the end of the skinny part of the key, so the screws themselves would be secured in both directions instead of needing to use an extra hole?

On the SR: I actually just read through this whole thread and didn't see an official explanation for why there are't keymod holes on the angles as well, like the URX4. That would seem to add flexibility with no downside (other than maybe machine time).

I seem to recall reading somewhere that they didn't put keymod holes on the angled sides because the rail would have had to be a little bigger around to accommodate them. If you compare the rails like you mentioned to the NSR I'm pretty sure the NSR is skinnier.

ESK
06-17-13, 11:34
The only reason that the NSR doesn't have KeyMod slots on the upper and lower 45 degree angles is because Noveske already had the extrusion tooling completed before they knew anything about the KeyMod standard. Noveske's original intention was to use sheet metal stamped backing nut-plates (i.e. Magpul Moe backing plate) to secure their accessories. That all changed after Vltor introduced the KeyMod standard to John and Todd. John wanted to use KeyMod on the mentioned 45's, but knew it was too late, because the extrusion was formed with radiuses in those locations and didn’t want to retool at that time. I honestly think that an NSR II would eventually occur using the KeyMod slots on those 45 degree angled surfaces.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that they didn't put keymod holes on the angled sides because the rail would have had to be a little bigger around to accommodate them. If you compare the rails like you mentioned to the NSR I'm pretty sure the NSR is skinnier.

SteveL
06-17-13, 14:53
Ahhh. Thanks for the info.

ejskle
06-17-13, 15:49
Great response, thank you.

Brahmzy
06-20-13, 23:19
Brahmzy,

Just noticed that you have the NSR flashlight ring mounts. I haven't been able to find pics of it at the angles I was hoping for, so if you don't mind....can you take a pic of how the light sits in relation to the rail from directly over the top of it (12:00)? Also, a pic from directly in front (looking down the muzzle)? And one from directly behind and over the 12:00 rail (as if you're looking just over the optic)?

Thanks man.

Sorry - been a little bit out of the loop. New first baby girl and fires burning up my city!

Hope these help. iPhone pics, lol.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9320/n53q.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2600/3idy.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5552/8ar6.jpg

SURVIVORTYPE
06-22-13, 04:23
Love how thin it is. Nice pics. I gotta get one of these rails.

UCPOPO
06-22-13, 10:16
Love how thin it is. Nice pics. I gotta get one of these rails.

Man, I agree. That looks nice!

chungdae
06-22-13, 23:02
Very nice rail!

Ironman8
06-22-13, 23:20
Sorry - been a little bit out of the loop. New first baby girl and fires burning up my city!

Brahmzy,

Thanks for the pics man. That does help out a lot. I was wondering how much clearance there would be for a DBAL/ATPIAL to sit at 12:00. Looks like it might be enough since the light sits a tad lower than some other offset mounts.

In your opinion, since the light does sit a little lower, would you comfortably be able to reach the tailcap switch if the light was on the opposite side of the rail from your support hand? I'm right handed and typically run my light @ 1:30 since I use a thumb-over grip and have limited rail space. I would think that since the rail is so thin, it would still be within reach.

Thanks, and congrats on the baby girl.

Lopro619
06-23-13, 04:44

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9320/n53q.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2600/3idy.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5552/8ar6.jpg

exactly what surefire light is that, and what size keymod rings did you get from noveske. Seeing this makes me want that mount/light for my NSR. Thank you in advance.

Noodles
06-24-13, 15:31
Details on the carbon barrel? Weight? Where did you source it from?

Proofresearch. See my thread in the Presicion semi-auto forum about it.

So far I'm liking the NSR quite a bit! Everyone that gets a hand on it loves it right away, that means more to me than any other feature.

I do have one issue though. Does anyone else have wobbly NSR rail cover panels? I have 2 or 3 that are just loose and it's bugging me, one of the hand stop ones at the start of the chain wobbles all over the place. I have to contact Noveske about it, but wanted to check and see if I was doing something wrong.

SteveL
06-24-13, 18:51
Proofresearch. See my thread in the Presicion semi-auto forum about it.

So far I'm liking the NSR quite a bit! Everyone that gets a hand on it loves it right away, that means more to me than any other feature.

I do have one issue though. Does anyone else have wobbly NSR rail cover panels? I have 2 or 3 that are just loose and it's bugging me, one of the hand stop ones at the start of the chain wobbles all over the place. I have to contact Noveske about it, but wanted to check and see if I was doing something wrong.

There's something screwy about those handstop pieces. I have a couple of them and for the life of me I can't get one install as securely as any of the other pieces. They don't wobble, but I don't have much faith they'll stay put if I were to try to run the rifle hard. There have been some other posts in this thread talking about those pieces in particular.

Noodles
06-24-13, 18:59
There's something screwy about those handstop pieces. I have a couple of them and for the life of me I can't get one install as securely as any of the other pieces. They don't wobble, but I don't have much faith they'll stay put if I were to try to run the rifle hard. There have been some other posts in this thread talking about those pieces in particular.

Wouldn't mind if they were cheaper... but they aren't. I'll deal with it this week.