PDA

View Full Version : New Robinson Armament XCR-M and Mini Rifles

MilitaryArms
01-23-12, 15:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpmUBGa5cGM

I had the chance to check out the new XCR Mini and XCR-M (.308) rifles from Robinson Armament at SHOT Show 2012. Here's a quick video showing you these two new rifles.

DeltaSierra
01-23-12, 16:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpmUBGa5cGM

I had the chance to check out the new XCR Mini and XCR-M (.308) rifles from Robinson Armament at SHOT Show 2012. Here's a quick video showing you these two new rifles.

I really want to like the XCR, as I think it is a very interesting weapon, but Alex's attitude really doesn't help the situation....

Unfortunately, until the XCR is bought by someone else that can actually treat the consumer with some modicum of respect, the XCR isn't going to take off....

variablebinary
01-23-12, 18:02
I've seen everything in that video up close for months now, but that Mini-L still looks neat to me.

Thanks for the vid.

HK51Fan
01-23-12, 18:06
I own an earlier L model and it's a great rifle...never have had one issue with it...also used my 7.62x39 conversion kit and have had equally good results. he builds a solid rifle...I also own an M96 and that is a sweet rifle to shoot. unfortunately there was so much machine work and hand assembly it became cost prohibitive to keep making the m96. He keeps saying that when things slow down he'll make another run of them....I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'd like to get the full lenght barrel, and a bren top feed assembly.

Redmanfms
01-24-12, 21:32
As a veteran of the M96, I'm never buying another Robinson Armament made rifle again, ever.

MAP
01-25-12, 13:22
I've seen everything in that video up close for months now, but that Mini-L still looks neat to me.

Thanks for the vid.

I have a XCR-L Mini on order. Robarms is waiting on ATF paperwork in order to ship to my dealer. I can't wait!

Mike

Standard
01-25-12, 14:21
I had an XCR-L and it was excellent. Only sold it because I needed the funds :(

Jack-O
01-25-12, 15:20
The XCR is an excellent example of what a small company can do in a short time. Because of the size of the company and the direct attention by the owner to the design it has matured faster (5-6 years) than any other weapon system to date (that I am aware of). It represents one of the best examples of a next generation carbine with it modularity and reliability IME

I dont really care what freedom group does or how many plants they shut down, or that other big name makers wont sell to civilians reliably or refuse to service their customers well, so why should I care if the owner of RA expresses his views on rude customers from time to time?

I know for a fact that Alex makes a concerted effort to improve things at RA and they continue to improve.

If you dont like dealing with RA directly you can get every part or rifle they make thru their largest dealer Kermit Zahm or Wild Thang Farms, and for a better price too. I have heard nothing but great things about Kermit and he gets as much business as I can throw him. I know for a fact that Kermit goes out of his way to help even the most ornery customers that even RA hesitates to deal with.

anyway, I have no financial or commercial interest in RA whatsoever, I'm just pointing out that many things that AR owners wish they could have on thier guns is already on the XCR, with better ergos and reliability to boot.

Docwade
02-18-12, 14:59
I do all my purchasing through Kermit. Super fast shipping, and always seems to have what I need. Ive owned the xcr in 223, 16" and 18", and currently run a 7.62x39.

jbsmwd
02-19-12, 05:31
I do all my purchasing through Kermit. Super fast shipping, and always seems to have what I need. Ive owned the xcr in 223, 16" and 18", and currently run a 7.62x39.

Alright I give, how do you get ahold of this guy? I live in the same town as this Kermit guy and I don't know how to get ahold of him, let alone his business name or website.

Docwade
02-19-12, 06:06
Pm's you his info.

jbsmwd
02-19-12, 06:43
Pm's you his info.

Thank you.

d90king
02-19-12, 06:52
Pm's you his info.

Why are you keeping contact info for a dealer private? Post it in the off chance that others want a rifle but refuse to deal with that jerk off at Robinson.

JoshNC
02-19-12, 11:48
He posts frequently on Sturm.....found his email there.

frgprnz@outdrs.net

Jack-O
02-19-12, 12:00
Alright I give, how do you get ahold of this guy? I live in the same town as this Kermit guy and I don't know how to get ahold of him, let alone his business name or website.

Why are you keeping contact info for a dealer private? Post it in the off chance that others want a rifle but refuse to deal with that jerk off at Robinson.

I wrongfully assumed that people would be able to google his name and/or business name I provided in my previous post and get the results. I sincerely apologize. :suicide2:
Kermit Zahm
frgprnz(at)outdrs.net
cell 208-869-1616
208-365-6582

feel free to tell him I referred you. :)