PDA

View Full Version : Beretta ARX160 Update

MilitaryArms
01-23-12, 19:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RsocYfB1N0

I had a chance to check out the ARX-160 and ARX-160 A2 at SHOT Show this past week. Here's a run down of the weapon along with some commentary by yours truly at the end regarding the availability of the rifle on the civilian market.

CumbiaDude
01-23-12, 20:46
Wow, last I heard there was zero interest by them to introduce it to civilians. Even if it's not in the near future, this is a nice update. Wonder how it'll stack up to the SCAR and ACR.

DeltaSierra
01-23-12, 23:35
This is one of the few newly designed rifles that I really look forward to getting my hands on...

Thanks for the video!

LHS
01-24-12, 00:42
"By simply putting a few drops of oil on the ejectors and extractors, which is the only place where we have steel-to-steel sliding contact, you have lubricated the gun. Everything else, everywhere else, the steel is riding on self-lubricating polymers, so there's no need for oil, no need for that oil to attract the sand and the dust and gum everything up."

WTF!?? How is steel riding on polymer going to hold up to any kind of long-term use?

Not only that, but the .22 version is being made by Umarex, which has already proven they can screw up just about anything they put their hands on.

I was actually looking forward to playing with this rifle, but waiting two years for it just seems silly. Then again, the ACR was a cluster****, and the SCAR seems to be losing momentum in 5.56mm, so maybe the ARX-160 will be able to capture some of the market when (if?) it finally hits stores in the US.

variablebinary
01-24-12, 01:02
The problem with all of these 3rd generation carbines, is none are living up to the dream.

The one carbine trying to live up to 3G carbine promise is the XCR which actually does have a barrel selection, caliber kits, different length uppers etc etc.

Even the MRP is closer to hitting the 3G mark than the SCAR and ACR.

So if the ARX160 drops onto the scene with zero support and versatility, what's the point?

I am hopeful that Beretta gets it right where Bushy/Remmy/FN have failed.

PaoloAR15
01-24-12, 09:16
"By simply putting a few drops of oil on the ejectors and extractors, which is the only place where we have steel-to-steel sliding contact, you have lubricated the gun. Everything else, everywhere else, the steel is riding on self-lubricating polymers, so there's no need for oil, no need for that oil to attract the sand and the dust and gum everything up."

WTF!?? How is steel riding on polymer going to hold up to any kind of long-term use?

It's called "new material technology".

I shot through an ARX160 in half range day something like 360 rounds. When I disassembled I saw that there was no metal rails in the main body of the gun. When I asked how much the ARX160 has been shot, Beretta engineers answered "This rifles has already shot 5000 round before you..."

And not a sign of wear...

Vitor
01-24-12, 16:10
Another good take at the ARX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422ybNVKjWE

The guy says that Beretta plans to produce and sell it in the USA til the end of the year or the beginning of the next.

The barrel change is so incredibly easy, puts all other guns to shame.

MilitaryArms
01-24-12, 16:16
I had two reps tell me the same thing, "not this year perhaps the following year". They introduced the ARX-160/22 this year to hold people over. Their reason given was that Beretta is chasing government contracts in the US and that takes precedence over a civilian legal rifle right now.

Last year they said it would drop by the end of the year. Here we are a year later and no ARX-160. I would think 2 years out is a conservative estimate.

Moose-Knuckle
01-24-12, 18:10
I'd rather have a CZ 805 Bren A1, just saying. . .:cool:

96 SS
01-24-12, 21:35
Very interesting - for me much more so than the Tavor.

keller
01-25-12, 22:00
I was really impressed with the weight and barrel change feature. Would like to see some durability testing, stock felt particularly weak. Spoke to engineer who said was in process of shipping machinery from Italy to set up US production.

oef24
01-25-12, 22:11
I inquired last year directly with Beretta about this rifle and was told that there were no plans of releasing this rifle to the US market. That was almost 1 year ago. Now it seems that there is more interest or at least desire from Beretta to maybe get some government contracts. The weapon system looks promissing to me and I would love for it to hit the streets here in the US. Like all new weapon systems, it has to be proven and that sometimes takes a while. If Beretta plays their cards right, they could have a winner with this one. On paper it sure sounds like a winner. BTW, since it has so much polymer, how expensive could it be? If it is a performer (like the HK XM-8 supposedly was) and is priced close to what the ACR was supposed to be at, the sky is the limit.

O

meausoc
01-26-12, 09:13
I was really impressed with the weight and barrel change feature. Would like to see some durability testing, stock felt particularly weak. Spoke to engineer who said was in process of shipping machinery from Italy to set up US production.

Plus they are releasing it in 7.62x39.

trinydex
01-26-12, 22:47
That handguard is really fat.

PaoloAR15
01-27-12, 05:21
That handguard is really fat.

No more than a m4 KAC handguard with mounted covers.

Eddiesketti
01-28-12, 09:17
Looks like the Px Storm and the ACR had a baby. I saw the ambi ejection port and I just wanted to fill it full of sand.

a0cake
01-28-12, 09:48
I saw the ambi ejection port and I just wanted to fill it full of sand.

Yep that's what I took out of this too. I haven't handled the rifle but the action sure looks exposed to the elements due to the ambi-ejection feature. Maybe there's something in place to deal with it...I don't know.

BillR
01-28-12, 21:27
Another good take at the ARX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422ybNVKjWE

The guy says that Beretta plans to produce and sell it in the USA til the end of the year or the beginning of the next.

The barrel change is so incredibly easy, puts all other guns to shame.

The Steyr AUG barrel has been incredibly easy to change for 30 years now.

Vitor
01-30-12, 10:14
This gun was made to marry the .300 BLK. If Beretta launches a 7.62 barrel, it will be a hit for sure.

PaoloAR15
01-30-12, 10:36
This gun was made to marry the .300 BLK. If Beretta launches a 7.62 barrel, it will be a hit for sure.

Beretta, in 2009 (when the rifle was adopted by Italian Army...) announced that the ARX160 would be produced only in the following calibers:

- 5.56 NATO (done)
- 7,62 Soviet (done)
- 6,8 SPC (not yet presented)

That's it.

The assumption I made is that the carbine has been designed ONLY to use intermediate rifle ammos.

If a ARX will be issued in a full power caliber ammo, like 7,62 x 51, the model name will be NOT anymore ARX160 but ARX <something else> ....

glocktogo
01-30-12, 10:40
Seems like more vaporware from Beretta. Anyone who's ever dealt with them professionally has grown weary of answering excited queries from potential buyers about guns in their catalogs that were never made. It got so bad that we used to answer all questions about Beretta with "If it's on the shelf or the wall, we can get it in your hands. If it's not, then Beretta hasn't actually made it regardless of what their fantasy catalog and manufaturer reps say.

I'll check one out when I'm holding one in my hands with a price tag on it. Until then, it doesn't actually exist. :(

VIP3R 237
01-30-12, 10:48
I'll check one out when I'm holding one in my hands with a price tag on it. Until then, it doesn't actually exist. :(

Im afraid that price tag will be much higher than many are expecting. It would not suprise me at if they come somewhere between 2500 and 3k.

BullittBoy
01-30-12, 15:50
I tend to agree with this pricing as well-you have to look at what the market is trending-the SCAR light is $2,200, the ACR started out at $2K, the HK AR is $2.5K, and some of the high end AR's are close to $2K, the AUG was $2K, and Beretta is not known for being a cheap company-especially if they have a new kid on the block. I would be willing to bet on the $2.5K mark as well-that is if they don't jack around too long and our annointed one bans all new assault rifle production.
That scares me worse than any new price points

glocktogo
01-30-12, 16:15
If they price it above $2K, then they aren't really interested in making the platform a commercial success. Of course that wouldn't surprise me with Beretta. :rolleyes:

4thPointOfContact
01-30-12, 17:15

Beretta, in 2009 (when the rifle was adopted by Italian Army...) announced that the ARX160 would be produced only in the following calibers:

- 5.56 NATO (done)
- 7,62 Soviet (done)
That's it.
The assumption I made is that the carbine has been designed ONLY to use intermediate rifle ammo.

Not sure where the disconnect is coming from but, the .300 BLK, aka 7,62x35 is an intermediate caliber (specifically, it meets the same package requirements as the 5.56.
Compatibility with .300 Blackout only takes a new barrel, as the magazines, bolts, extractors and everything else stays the same. This does Not hold true for 7.62x39 or 6.8SPC.
When Beretta designed the ARX160 (2009) the .300 BLK did not exist, it wasn't even approved by SAAMI until Jan 2011.

Vitor
01-30-12, 18:39

- 5.56 NATO (done)
- 7,62 Soviet (done)

That's it.

The assumption I made is that the carbine has been designed ONLY to use intermediate rifle ammos.

If a ARX will be issued in a full power caliber ammo, like 7,62 x 51, the model name will be NOT anymore ARX160 but ARX <something else> ....

Well, I was talking about the .30 BLK...any 5.56 gun is suitable for it, it's a matter of changing the barrel and since the ARX has the easiest barrel change ever, it would take like 10 seconds to change from 5.56 to .30 BLK

rojocorsa
01-31-12, 19:19
Wow, something from this year's SHOT show that was worth looking at.

Everything else just seemed like stupid zombie crap...

All I can really say is that it looks like the guys at Beretta really put the time into this gun and thought about stuff. I remember watching a video about it here in this sub-forum last year and being really impressed at what this rifle is supposed to be.

I appreciate the input (As I'm sure everyone else does) from our fellow member in Rome. Nothing like a first hand account of things.

trinydex
01-31-12, 19:27
Can you explain why this is at all interesting?

glocktogo
01-31-12, 21:46
Wow, something from this year's SHOT show that was worth looking at.

Everything else just seemed like stupid zombie crap...

All I can really say is that it looks like the guys at Beretta really put the time into this gun and thought about stuff. I remember watching a video about it here in this sub-forum last year and being really impressed at what this rifle is supposed to be.

I appreciate the input (As I'm sure everyone else does) from our fellow member in Rome. Nothing like a first hand account of things.

Designed in 2009, floating around SHOT 2011, and yet it still doesn't actually exist in 2012. Yep, it's a Beretta! :(

Sensei
02-01-12, 02:59
Designed in 2009, floating around SHOT 2011, and yet it still doesn't actually exist in 2012. Yep, it's a Beretta! :(

While it may not exist for civilian purchase in the US, the Italians are actually deploying with these weapons as we speak. However, I get your larger point about Beretta's lack of product follow through.

trinydex
02-01-12, 03:08
No more than a m4 KAC handguard with mounted covers.

it looks bigger than even the scar handguard

Magic_Salad0892
02-01-12, 21:22
The handguard looks ridiculous.

I cant imagine getting a good aggressive grip with that ****in' thing.

However, I'll wait until I can shoot it...

nfafan
02-04-12, 00:58
When will the ARX160/.22 be available?

And where is confirmed that it is a Walther/Umarex based gun as opposed to a Beretta purpose-built .22 - a la SIGs SIG522?

Thanks!

BUBBAGUNS
02-08-12, 03:25
I would like to see one in person.

armakraut
02-10-12, 16:58
Apparently someone listened to the customers on the 7.62x39 mag issue, unlike another company that was for Romney before he was against the AWB.

SpookyPistolero
02-29-12, 21:20
I really want to like all the new carbines. I just can't seem to convince myself that they do anything better than an M4, which does it at half the cost. If there were some extraordinary weight savings or the price was more down to earth, there'd be something to talk about.

CumbiaDude
02-29-12, 23:07
II just can't seem to convince myself that they do anything better than an M4, which does it at half the cost.I think the improvements they make to being fully ambidextrous are worthwhile, but like you said, you could just do that to an M4.

Vitor
03-01-12, 13:58
I really want to like all the new carbines. I just can't seem to convince myself that they do anything better than an M4, which does it at half the cost. If there were some extraordinary weight savings or the price was more down to earth, there'd be something to talk about.

Extremely easy to disassembly, specially the barrel change that is much easier than a M4, more robusto BCG, much less lube required, totally ambi, reduced risk of over heating (well, DI always loses to piston when it comes to that for obvious reasons).

Oh, I can't forget, the stock folders way better than any M4. ;)

So, are you sure about nothing being better?

glocktogo
03-01-12, 16:03
Extremely easy to disassembly, specially the barrel change that is much easier than a M4, more robusto BCG, much less lube required, totally ambi, reduced risk of over heating (well, DI always loses to piston when it comes to that for obvious reasons).

Oh, I can't forget, the stock folders way better than any M4. ;)

So, are you sure about nothing being better?

Are you talking about the ARX160? If so, how is yours performing? How many rounds do you have through it?

Vitor
03-02-12, 10:16
Are you talking about the ARX160? If so, how is yours performing? How many rounds do you have through it?

Yes, I was talking about known facts of the ARX160. I didn't anything subjective like how comfort it is or much I like it, it's just undeniable that it's design has a lot of improvements over the M4. Wouldn't be nice if you could change barrels in a much faster way or your stock could fold thanks to a BCG that doesn't require a giant buffer?

glocktogo
03-02-12, 10:44
Yes, I was talking about known facts of the ARX160. I didn't anything subjective like how comfort it is or much I like it, it's just undeniable that it's design has a lot of improvements over the M4. Wouldn't be nice if you could change barrels in a much faster way or your stock could fold thanks to a BCG that doesn't require a giant buffer?

So you don't own one? I'll take a collapsible stock and a fixed barrel over vaporware, any day of the week.

VIP3R 237
03-02-12, 13:06

I love how the arx is already being anointed the latest and greatest and yet no one has any first hand experience with it besides handling at the shot show. This gun is looking to join the masada and hk 416 as the most overhyped guns before they even hit the shelves.

Sensei
03-02-12, 17:21
So you don't own one? I'll take a collapsible stock and a fixed barrel over vaporware, any day of the week.

Again, it is not vapoware. This weapon actually exists and is being deployed by Italian troops in A-Stan. The fact that our country has difficult importation laws is not Beretta's fault.

CumbiaDude
03-02-12, 19:14
I agree with lanesmith. Masada is vaporware because it was designed and then never made, the design was sold to someone else, they tweaked it and released it to civilians, etc.

The ARX-160 is a real rifle and has been for a while. Obviously the point still stands that not many people here have experience with it :D

I think the fact that the controls are ambidextrous, the stock collapses and folds etc should be self-evidently better, though. How would a stock that collapses but can't fold be better in any way than one that collapses AND folds? Only through poor execution, and that doesn't speak of the design concept, only that execution.

Sensei
03-02-12, 22:35
Ultimately, I think the answer is that we do not yet know if the features will allow the ARX-160 to eclipse the M16/M4 platform. On paper, it looks great. However, it has not run head-to-head against the M4 to see which is more reliable and durable. To the discriminating end-user, the M4 sets the minimum reliability and durability standards that must be met (and hopefully surpassed) before features become important.

glocktogo
03-03-12, 01:58
Again, it is not vapoware. This weapon actually exists and is being deployed by Italian troops in A-Stan. The fact that our country has difficult importation laws is not Beretta's fault.

I fail to see how Italian troops using it in Afghanistan makes it any less vaporware in the US?

When the M4C SME's give it a thorough wringing out and I can go down to my local hardware store and pick one up, it's worth discussing. Till then, it's nothing more than a fantastical story designed to keep salivating gearheads awake at night. :)

m03
04-14-12, 12:12
Some new updates:

http://www.guns.com/special-the-beretta-arx-160-a-possible-game-changer-in-the-ar15-market-6824.html

So, in the $1,500 range, and available later this year...maybe.

It is nice to hear that they can't introduce a new product yet because they're already so busy producing existing products. One should be so lucky.

VIP3R 237
04-14-12, 22:33
Some new updates:

http://www.guns.com/special-the-beretta-arx-160-a-possible-game-changer-in-the-ar15-market-6824.html

So, in the $1,500 range, and available later this year...maybe.

It is nice to hear that they can't introduce a new product yet because they're already so busy producing existing products. One should be so lucky.

At $1500 I think it would be a viable option and would have success in the u s market. However I hope beretta wont pull a masada $1500 to acr $2400 trick on us.

Ark1443
04-15-12, 07:47
At $1500 I think it would be a viable option and would have success in the u s market. However I hope beretta wont pull a masada $1500 to acr $2400 trick on us.

Or let Bushmaster build it. :haha:

If it's in the $1,500 range, I'd be interested. The main thing that held me back on the SCAR16 for example, was the price, when my daniel defense can do basically the same for half the price.

Slater
04-15-12, 11:19
Albanian SF with ARX-160:

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/5757_photos/afg3b.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/5757_photos/afg.jpg

Slater
04-15-12, 11:31
...and the Mexican Police:

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/5757_photos/Arx-160-messico-police.jpg

glocktogo
04-15-12, 14:54
How far have we fallen in the world firearms importation hierarchy when the Mexicans and Albanians have a Beretta before we do? :(

CumbiaDude
04-15-12, 19:09
...and the Mexican Police:I never understood why Mexico bought Berettas. They just barely released the FX-05.

Anybody got any info about the thought process??

rotorblade
04-15-12, 20:21
I never understood why Mexico bought Berettas. They just barely released the FX-05.

Anybody got any info about the thought process??

Mexican Police Got the Berettas.
The Mexican Military (AKA Cartel) did the whole FX-05 thing.

Pistolero
04-15-12, 22:06
Having had to deal with beretta's "customer service" before, I will pass on this one.

MarineSniper8541
04-29-12, 13:51
Just thought I would let you guys know. I am a PMC working an instructor job on a foreign special forces contract. My unit received over 1100 ARX 160 A2s and my platoon was tasked with test firing them ALL (sounded good at first but it's tedious).

We also have a large batch of HK 416s on order that have not yet arrived.

Today was the first day we took them out for testing. All I can say is WOW. I honestly believe they need to cancel our order of 416s. The rifle performs flawless. We tested it in both modes of fire, semi and then full auto. We also tested both ejection modes in left and right. The rifle's recoil is focused into its center of gravity. It has the lowest recoil impulse of any piston gun I have ever fired (and I've fired most of them). Everyone in my platoon immediately fell in love with the rifle. It is so versatile, so reliable, easy to use and has a very small learning curve when transitioning from an M4 platform. Today we fired over 100 of them and had zero malfunctions. I would like to see some sort of adjustable cheek comb added like the ACR and SCAR have, but it's really not that big of a deal.

Having fired the XCR, ACR, SCAR and 416 previously, and with over 20 years experience as a combat firearms instructor and former military guy, my honest opinion is that this is the rifle to save your money for if they hit the states. This thing runs like a sewing machine and is no doubt the most under rated rifle out there among the Gen 3 combat carbines. We also have the detachable grenade launchers but will not be taking those to the range for a month or so.

doodi1
04-30-12, 15:28
Impressive review. I'll try to get in line for one anyway.:cool:

MFWIC2
04-30-12, 17:00
Let's flip a coin.
Out of this rifle and the Tavor.
Which would you choose?

I'm taking sides with the Tavor.

shred4Him
04-30-12, 19:11
Now Baretta needs to make sure they don't blow it by making a "civilian" version and basically turn it into garbage. Make no changes besides full auto and barrel length, please. We don't need Bushmaster ACR 2.0.

GrandPooba
04-30-12, 20:07
Just thought I would let you guys know. I am a PMC working an instructor job on a foreign special forces contract. My unit received over 1100 ARX 160 A2s and my platoon was tasked with test firing them ALL (sounded good at first but it's tedious).

Today was the first day we took them out for testing. All I can say is WOW. I honestly believe they need to cancel our order of 416s. The rifle performs flawless. We tested it in both modes of fire, semi and then full auto. We also tested both ejection modes in left and right. The rifle's recoil is focused into its center of gravity. It has the lowest recoil impulse of any piston gun I have ever fired (and I've fired most of them). Everyone in my platoon immediately fell in love with the rifle. It is so versatile, so reliable, easy to use and has a very small learning curve when transitioning from an M4 platform. Today we fired over 100 of them and had zero malfunctions. I would like to see some sort of adjustable cheek comb added like the ACR and SCAR have, but it's really not that big of a deal.

Having fired the XCR, ACR, SCAR and 416 previously, and with over 20 years experience as a combat firearms instructor and former military guy, my honest opinion is that this is the rifle to save your money for if they hit the states. This thing runs like a sewing machine and is no doubt the most under rated rifle out there among the Gen 3 combat carbines. We also have the detachable grenade launchers but will not be taking those to the range for a month or so.

sounds promising. Keep us updated!

MarineSniper8541
04-30-12, 23:02
Let's flip a coin.
Which would you choose?

I would vote against the tavor simply because I have gained a great dislike over the years for any type of bullpup rifle. And there are some things that the ARX offers that the tavor simply does not.

Vitor
05-01-12, 01:45

No stoppages out of a hundred rifles? That's incredible but I'm sure that haters will find something to hate.

Did you change the barrel to see if it's really easy as promised?

MarineSniper8541
05-01-12, 07:12
No stoppages out of a hundred rifles? That's incredible but I'm sure that haters will find something to hate.

Did you change the barrel to see if it's really easy as promised?

Yes. Our kits come complete with the 16 inch barrel, the short CQB barrel, a suppressor, bayonet and also conversion kits to 7.62x39 with barrels, bolts and magazines.

The barrel change and removal for cleaning is just stupid easy. No loss of zero after replacing the same barrel either. The only trick is that you have to slide the piston up toward the muzzle end in order to get it out of the receiver without it being slightly difficult to remove but that is very easy.
We fired the third batch of 115 rifles today. So the count is 345 of 1163 rifles with zero malfunctions. We will have been through all of them by the end of next week.

You can have a shooter induced malfunction, though. If you do not make sure that you have the ejection selector pin completely pushed to the left or right, it puts the extractors in a neutral position and you will have guaranteed malfunctions. This is a training issue that will be addressed with the troops. When you change its position, you get a very positive click so it isn't difficult to know if it has been changed correctly.

They are also including in the kit a removable ejection port cover that can be attached by way of the two sling keepers on either side of the receiver. This cover is for use if you are in a very austere environment and want to limit the possibility of debris entering the mechanism. It will totally block out which ever side of the receiver you clip it onto. This, of course precludes the option of having the charging handle on the opposite side of ejection, but I can see it will have its uses when needed. You can easily remove it again by popping it back off (impossible to do by accident). It is made from polymer.

Oh, one last thing. Word about the rifle is getting around fast in my unit. Guys have been showing up at the range begging for a chance to shoot them. We welcome this since every guy is having to fire about 8-10 rifles per day so it helps us get done faster. Mind you, there is some serious experience in my unit ranging from SF, SEALs, former Delta, Marines and also SF types from other countries around the world. So take this for what it's worth. There hasn't been anything but admiration for this new rifle from all of us.

The ONE thing that takes some getting used to is that it is slightly more difficult to get the bolt locked to the rear than the M4 platform. You have to press in on the center magazine release in front of the trigger guard before you cycle the bolt to the rear in order to lock the bolt to the rear. It is slightly awkward compared to a side mounted bolt catch lever, but once you get familiar enough with it, it's no big deal.

shred4Him
05-01-12, 08:32
Thanks for the cornucopia of info. Nothing better than having people in-the-know abusing the stuff and passing on the results.

This thing would also be the best rifle for jumping back and forth between 5.56 and 7.62x35. That barrel change would make it beyond stupid simple... assuming they decide to make a barrel for the Blackout.

How easy is the 7.62x39 conversion? I am going to assume a new bolt and some kind of modular mag well attachment/replacement?

MarineSniper8541
05-01-12, 08:47
Thanks for the cornucopia of info. Nothing better than having people in-the-know abusing the stuff and passing on the results.

This thing would also be the best rifle for jumping back and forth between 5.56 and 7.62x35. That barrel change would make it beyond stupid simple... assuming they decide to make a barrel for the Blackout.

How easy is the 7.62x39 conversion? I am going to assume a new bolt and some kind of modular mag well attachment/replacement?

The conversion kit includes one 16" 7.62x39mm barrel, bolt, complete lower receiver and one AK magazine (Bulgarian mfg.) The lower receivers are not serial numbered so it's not a "firearm".

Larry Vickers
05-01-12, 09:25
New guns are a good thing and I look forward to someday getting my hands on an ARX160 and adding one to the pile!

Thanx for the update

Larry Vickers
Tac-TV.com

doodi1
05-01-12, 10:42
Let's flip a coin.
Which would you choose?

In the Time Honored Tradition of 'myself", when in doubt, take both!:D

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
05-01-12, 14:18
In the Time Honored Tradition of 'myself", when in doubt, take both!:D

I agree. I plan on picking up both but I have to say, having zero experience with bull pups, I'm more intrigued by the ARX and the great features that they could bring to market here, barring a ACR fiasco sequel.

Vitor
05-01-12, 19:08
Yes. Our kits come complete with the 16 inch barrel, the short CQB barrel, a suppressor, bayonet and also conversion kits to 7.62x39 with barrels, bolts and magazines.

How does it handle in 7.62x39? Same rate of fire?

MFWIC2
05-01-12, 19:18
I've changed my mind after reading more about the Beretta ARX160.
I'd like to have a SBR model in both calibers.
Were talking $$$$$$$$$$$$.

MarineSniper8541
05-02-12, 05:39
How does it handle in 7.62x39? Same rate of fire?

We have not yet tested the rifles in that caliber. We are simply conducting a full function test in 5.56 for all of the rifles so that the order can be signed off and completed.

Vitor
06-18-12, 14:39
7.62x39 config

http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/rimg_1668-tfb.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/06/18/beretta-arx160-in-7-62x39mm/

glocktogo
06-18-12, 16:35
7.62x39 config

http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/rimg_1668-tfb.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/06/18/beretta-arx160-in-7-62x39mm/

That's funny, when I Google "beretta ARX160 in stock", all I find are .22 LR. :rolleyes:

doodi1
06-18-12, 19:23
I like it and its in one of my favorite calibers also!:D

High Tower
06-18-12, 19:24
That's funny, when I Google "beretta ARX160 in stock", all I find are .22 LR. :rolleyes:

Dealers in the US will not have them yet for civilian sales. They are saying August maybe, but I doubt that they can get them here that fast. Earlier this year I was told next spring. Who knows though...

Sensei
06-18-12, 21:16
Last time I was in A-Stan (2009/2010), the Italian SF guys were just starting to get these in theater. Has anyone heard about their performance under austere conditions?

glocktogo
06-18-12, 21:21
Dealers in the US will not have them yet for civilian sales. They are saying August maybe, but I doubt that they can get them here that fast. Earlier this year I was told next spring. Who knows though...

August of what year? 2015?

If they can't even get the rifle into the states after this much time, I can only imagine what the parts supply chain will look like, if it ever makes it here at all. :(

VIP3R 237
06-18-12, 21:26
That would be great for the US market if beretta could get them in our hands this year at a decent price. I would definately consider one. But I dont care what anyone says, its still pretty fugly.

jhs1969
06-19-12, 01:51
Due to recent history I can't help but have some lingering doubts. What do I mean?

At first I thought the Massada/ACR would be the next great carbine. What a dissapointment that has been. While I realize there may be a few who have married themselves to it, I say it has been a failure. Totally FUBAR'd by BM, I would not spend $9.99 of my own money for it.

Next the SCAR 16, while I like it and feel it is a decent carbine I do not feel it offers enough advances to justify it's cost. If it came in at half it's current price I might be tempted but I do not see this happening any time soon.

And now the ARX160. From my own research, my personal feelings are that it is far beyond the first two at this stage of it's life. From what I gather it's reliability and execution are quite promising and it seems to be gathering steam from so many forces adopting it. And now from the latest targeted price point I have seen I am begining to build hope once again. Could this finally be the improved carbine we, I, have been waiting so long for? While I still remain sceptable I certainly hope so.