PDA

View Full Version : Vaccinate Your Kids- Get Paid in Food!

Jellybean
01-23-12, 22:53
You're kidding me, right?

Vaccinate your kid and get a $20 gift certificate to McD's. :jester:

http://www.naturalnews.com/034734_vaccines_McDonalds_infants.html

Don't know how realiable a source that site is, but if this is even half true, it's so retarded it's hilarious.

montanadave
01-23-12, 23:27
Nothing but simple cost/benefit analysis. The insurance company bean counters sharpened their pencils and figured out it was cheaper to bribe parents with a free meal as opposed to treating a sick child.

SteyrAUG
01-24-12, 00:41
Nothing but simple cost/benefit analysis. The insurance company bean counters sharpened their pencils and figured out it was cheaper to bribe parents with a free meal as opposed to treating a sick child.

Sadly it isn't as simple as that. Plenty of well to do parents have chosen NOT to vaccinate their kids because they believed a bogus study that suggested it led to Downs Syndrome.

As a result many diseases and infections which were almost completely eliminated in the US became almost commonplace. Add a third world influx with the children of illegals to the offspring of stupid hippy parents who believe this nonsense and you have everything you need for a bunch of sick kids to populate the day cares of this nation.

chadbag
01-24-12, 01:20
Sadly it isn't as simple as that. Plenty of well to do parents have chosen NOT to vaccinate their kids because they believed a bogus study that suggested it led to Downs Syndrome.

Don't you mean Autism?

As a result many diseases and infections which were almost completely eliminated in the US became almost commonplace. Add a third world influx with the children of illegals to the offspring of stupid hippy parents who believe this nonsense and you have everything you need for a bunch of sick kids to populate the day cares of this nation.

SteyrAUG
01-24-12, 11:50
Don't you mean Autism?

You are correct, I was working from memory.

:sarcastic:

LHS
01-24-12, 15:14

X-ring. (and yes, I know it was autism, not Down's syndrome). Anyone who looks to a Playboy model for science advice gets what they deserve. Unftortunately, they're hurting all of us too.

Moose-Knuckle
01-24-12, 18:49
And people call me a loon because I don't drink the vaccine Kool-Aid. . . :rolleyes:

DeltaSierra
01-24-12, 19:02
And people call me a loon because I don't drink the vaccine Kool-Aid. . . :rolleyes:

I find it particularly interesting that these "pro-vaccine" types don't stop to tto do any research before they babble on, as there actually are scientific studies that have proven that vaccines increase the risk of Autism, and other medical problems.

Oh, I forgot.... Injecting Thimerosal, and other toxic substances into young kids is a great idea....:rolleyes:

Moose-Knuckle
01-24-12, 19:12
I find it particularly interesting that these "pro-vaccine" types don't stop to tto do any research before they babble on, as there actually are scientific studies that have proven that vaccines increase the risk of Autism, and other medical problems.

Oh, I forgot.... Injecting Thimerosal, and other toxic substances into young kids is a great idea....:rolleyes:

Yeah I guess they've never read up on Eugenics.

Nothing but simple cost/benefit analysis. The insurance company bean counters sharpened their pencils and figured out it was cheaper to bribe parents with a free meal as opposed to treating a sick child.:

Actually the way I see it is they want the kids addicted to junk food so THEY WILL GET SICK. Healthy people do not create very high profit margins in a nation where the .gov that has been bought and paid for by the pharmaceutical industry, just like they don't want us living debt free see the legislation actions making it easier for banks to profit as they see fit, and where do you think the dumbing down of our education system came from.

P2000
01-24-12, 19:39

Thimerosal was removed from all childhood vaccines years ago in an attempt to appease the anti-vaccine crowd. The autism rate did not change as a result. Studies have been conducted showing equal rates of autism among unvaccinated and vaccinated children. The Wakefield study was not scientific, it was bullshit. Many studies look scientific, but have methodological holes so big you could drive a truck through them. Studies conflict sometimes, guidelines change, science advances. It doesn't mean one can pick whatever silly study they want to listen to. One has to understand the studies, their design, their limitations, statistics ect. The antivaccine crowd took off with a theory, and will not back down even when their theory falls apart. They are chasing a red herring, vaccines are so easy to be mistrustful of and the story sounds too good to be false.

I find it weird that recently an antivaccine mom I met had no problem giving her child and the entire family azithromycin to treat her daughters pertussis. But would she accept the vaccine for her family, hell no. So I guess she trusts science, but she does not trust science:confused: Did she seem to have a problem spreading a highly contagious disease around her community, who knows.

Vaccines aren't harmless, but they serve a worthwhile purpose and are worth the risk. Ask the elderly, as they have probably witnessed some childhood friends die from now vaccine preventable diseases. My grandma never learned to swim because of her parent's fear from getting polio from public swimming pools. Ask a retired special ed teacher how many students of hers got their condition because pregnant mom was infected with a now vaccine preventable disease, causing mental retardation and neurological problems in her unborn child. My old boss died from cervical cancer in her 30's, with a young family. Cervical cancer is now about 70% vaccine preventable. That vaccine might have saved her life.

On the lighter side, it is looking like polio might soon be declared eradicated from the globe. That mean no more evil polio vaccine for little bobby.

DeltaSierra
01-24-12, 20:04
Vaccines...serve a worthwhile purpose and are worth the risk.

Is that a fact? Tell that to me, to my face.

You do realize that some people have health issues that stem from vaccines they received, right?

A relative of mine, and a medical professional, refuses to get their children vaccinated. I wonder why? Is it because they don't believe in "science" or is it because after lots of research they have come to the conclusion that childhood vaccines do more harm than they do good?