PDA

View Full Version : XS Products 50 rnd Drum Mag

Straight Shooter
01-24-12, 06:07
I just stumbled upon this a few minutes ago.
Ive never ever heard of these before, and frankly was blown away.
These drums are almost exactly the length of a dollar bill, and seem to be well made.
They have videos up showing them used in M1A/M14's, FAl's, Stoner 7.62 rifles and others. Also shown being fired in several AR's.
IF these work as advertised, Id like to get one.
Am interested in everyones opinion based on the website, as they arent even being sold until mid-year.
Pro's/con's please.
Wish I knew how to imbed the website...sorry.

montrala
01-24-12, 07:17
Those look externally like copy of HK G8 drum. If they are also good executed copy internally, then it might be great product. G8 drums were one of best mags of this king. Shame HK never decided to make their version of AR/HK416. But on the other hand, from HK it would cost pierdylion* of $

* - really big number (in Bad Polish) :cool:

VLODPG
01-24-12, 10:41
Wish I knew how to imbed the website...sorry.

Some help to get by on!

http://www.xs-products.com/

TMS951
01-24-12, 15:00
A lot of money for only 50rnds. Not as long as the surefire, but bulky.

The skeletonized ones sure are not well thought out. When stuff gets in there it will become a malf-o-matic. I am going to take there level of intelligence in that part of their product line and apply it to the rest of their company.

There is a 150rnd drum out there that looks good for stationary weapons, or maybe an IAR.

The 50 is not worth it. 30s are easy to carry and reload with. Practicing reloads seems like the solution here.

Nmate
01-24-12, 15:15
Man, those skeletonized versions are a bad idea. No one remembers the Chauchat? Not in the literal sense, I doubt anyone that ever used one in combat is still alive. The lesson of what happens with open-to-the-elements magazines should not be forgotten.

If you want one for 5.56, I'd either get the Surefire 60-rounders instead or wait on Armatac to release their 75-round drum. They're already selling their 150-round drum, but I think that's a lot of weight to be hanging off your carbine. Maybe if you had a Colt LMG or some other fire support version of the M16.

MistWolf
01-24-12, 16:11
Allied Armament markets the skeletonized versions as lightweight mags for range use only. They warn the lightened mags are not appropriate for serious use

Straight Shooter
01-24-12, 19:58
First- THANKS for the imbed, VLODPG!
I do agree no one in their right mind would use one of the skeletonized drums for serious use.
I do like the small size of these drums, and they appear well built, just
initially looking at it, of course.
As far as needing 75-150 rounds at a time, I myself dont.
Just throwing something new and cool out there for all to see.

Dave_M
01-24-12, 19:59
Little nutsack drum.

I'm interested.

northern1
01-24-12, 20:05
Sweet !!! Another item I can't own in New York.