PDA

View Full Version : Does the Apex M&P trigger mod NECESSARILY make the pull lighter?

geohans
01-24-12, 13:26
I want the crispness and reset of the Apex, but I don't need a lighter pull.

Any special instructions? Thanks.

G34Shooter
01-24-12, 13:55
I want the crispness and reset of the Apex, but I don't need a lighter pull.

Any special instructions? Thanks.

Get the DCAEK if you want to keep the break around 5 pounds in most cases. The larger SHB may increase the weight if you have a small one and there's also the MA return trigger spring to bring the weight up to 6 pounds.

Magsz
01-24-12, 18:12
G34 nailed it.

With JUST the Apex sear and the small plunger/spring you're going to be at around 4 pounds.

The DCAEK is going to take you to about 5.0 to 5.5 pounds.

The Sear and the Large plunger/spring will bring you to around four pounds four ounces give or take.

Keep in mind that the trigger springs will add weight to the overall trigger press but NOT to the break so if you want to increase the break weight itself, ie the force required to press through the wall to get the striker to fall you're going to have to source a large plunger/spring sear housing block if you do not already have one.

A good question for Randy would be if his DCAEK sear spring adds weight over the factory unit.

Randy Lee
01-24-12, 22:04
G34 nailed it.

With JUST the Apex sear and the small plunger/spring you're going to be at around 4 pounds.

The DCAEK is going to take you to about 5.0 to 5.5 pounds.

The Sear and the Large plunger/spring will bring you to around four pounds four ounces give or take.

Keep in mind that the trigger springs will add weight to the overall trigger press but NOT to the break so if you want to increase the break weight itself, ie the force required to press through the wall to get the striker to fall you're going to have to source a large plunger/spring sear housing block if you do not already have one.

A good question for Randy would be if his DCAEK sear spring adds weight over the factory unit.

Hi,

Our .125" diameter sear spring on the DCAEK is stronger than the factory version (unless you are in MA). If you want a stronger sear spring, you can use the sear spring for our forward set sear. It is even stronger...

Randy

Magsz
01-24-12, 22:07
Neat info.

Thank you Randy!