PDA

View Full Version : Surefire FA762K or a FA762SS for a KAC EMC?

mstennes
01-24-12, 13:38
I have been reading and studing Surefires web site on either the FA762K or 762SS, I'm thinking the 762SS would be the better choice, but I want to make sure, thoughts and input? I wanted a KAC, but from what I have heard their slower to get than the approval from BATF? I have a AAC 762, but since AAC seems to not think its worthy to make a 3/4 x 20 mount, their not even worth considering.
Thanks

Belmont31R
01-24-12, 13:49
The SS won't work on the EMC because it needs the mount that reflexes over the barrel. The K will work and they make the FH mount for it.

I thought Id read that AAC makes or has made mounts but they are not listed on the website. Did you call and ask?

mstennes
01-24-12, 14:01
The SS won't work on the EMC because it needs the mount that reflexes over the barrel. The K will work and they make the FH mount for it.

I thought Id read that AAC makes or has made mounts but they are not listed on the website. Did you call and ask?
They made, no I have not called, seems they were made for military tests and from what I gather from others who have tried there, unobtainium. Whats worse, I have heard theres quite a stash of them to boot. Thanks for the SF info, on their web site it says both will work, the SS looks like it would in theroy be the better setup, brake vs hider, and less overall length? Guess not.

motoduck
01-24-12, 14:01
I wanted to put a KAC can on my EMC as well. I ordered a KAC can, paying in full at the time of the order. After a year of waiting the dealer offered me a FA762K as an alternative. I am very happy with the surefire.

Titleist
01-24-12, 14:02
The SS absolutely will not work.

mstennes
01-24-12, 14:07
The SS absolutely will not work.

Thank you! Looks like I'm oredering a SF "K"

mstennes
01-24-12, 14:09
I wanted to put a KAC can on my EMC as well. I ordered a KAC can, paying in full at the time of the order. After a year of waiting the dealer offered me a FA762K as an alternative. I am very happy with the surefire.

A place I deal with, who I got my EMC from, who actually does allot of business with them, has had 3 on order since last spring or so, plus I have read elsewhere they all go through Reed Knight himself?