PDA

View Full Version : New drop-in rails from Troy

dennisuello
01-24-12, 15:40
Charlie and Delta.

http://troyind.com/rail-systemsaccessories/rails

I'm having hard time imaginig how they attach, but the description says they are two-piece rails and do not require removal of delta ring or FSB.

dennisuello
01-24-12, 15:42
Pics

Charlie
http://troyind.com/wp-content/uploads/Troy-BattleRail-Charlie-22.jpg

Delta
http://troyind.com/wp-content/uploads/Troy-BattleRail-Charlie-31.jpg

deuce9166
01-24-12, 16:13
I am interested as well. Also like to know the weight. The "Delta" rail in the Shot Show pictures doesn't have the picatinny rail on the right and left sides like your pics and the ones on their site.

Firefox
01-24-12, 16:19
Very cool, I'm glad to see some more rails on the market with an FSP slot cut out. It'll be interesting to see how the rail shapes up in the market.

The_War_Wagon
01-24-12, 16:44
Buddy of mine's about to drop coin on a new 6920, and is looking for a way to add rails without changing out the FSP - I just sent him the links! :D

Shiz
01-24-12, 17:06
they clamp on the the barrel nut, moving the D ring back...totally ff.

I could have sworn that I was shown one of these at shot without the rail. Did anyone else see that one or am I wishful remembering? Maybe im just remembering the delta, with the small portion of rail on the bottom

TedG
01-24-12, 17:17
I bought the Troy MRF free float carbine rail system. I bought it from Botach for $152. I ordered black, and they sent FDE, so it's going back. The installation appears to be the same as the Midwest 2 pc. FF rails. They are not difficult to install after you remove the delta ring and springs.

EDIT... My error. The Charlie and Delta rails have the Delta ring intact. But, I'll bet it's still a 2 peice set up.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/TedG954/D-RingRemoval.jpg

SpookyPistolero
01-24-12, 17:26
Wonder what the specs are on that (weight, height, and length mostly). I'd be willing to accept some weight penalties for the luxury of not having to modify the gun.

Is it me, or does the portion in front of the FSB seem longer than what's on the DD or Centurion versions?

SpookyPistolero
01-24-12, 17:40
ignore me....

Beat Trash
01-24-12, 18:49
I'm very interested in the Delta rail. A two piece FF rail that requires zero modification to the host gun, and extends past the FSB.

I called Troy yesterday about them. Couldn't get any spec's on it over the phone. I was told it'd 2-3 months before production on them is started though. Otherwise, I'd have one ordered.

My only concern is the mounting system. So long as there's no play or twist, for lack of a better way of trying to explain.

When you go to the initial image on the Troy web site, the Delta and Charlie rails are the same photo. If you hit the Order button, then you see the correct photo for the Delta rail. The Delta doesn't have permanently attached rails on the sides and bottom. It does have a short section of bottom rail under the FSB. You can attach pieces of rail where needed. This photo matches the description given for the Delta.

http://store.troyind.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SRAI-DLT-CXBT-00-2.jpg

TehLlama
01-24-12, 21:14
I looked good and hard at them, but for the weight of the Charlie system (which looked more attractive), I'd rather shell out the extra hundred dollars and just run the Centurion C4FSP rail with LT Index Clips and have the rifle done right now.

I really do like how the Delta version borrows some of the awesomeness from the TRX Extreme rails, but if you don't plan on running a foregrip on that railed section, it's a bit inconvenient.

Shiz
01-24-12, 23:08
That was the one I remembered B-trash.
Thanks

What impressed me was that you could mount a piece of rail, in front of the rail shown in the pic, and it would be continuous.

trinydex
02-22-12, 23:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ytd26TqWsA&feature=related

a video.

so

troy delta rail + colt 6720 = win?

akgunnut
02-23-12, 05:17
I'm definitely interested in the Charlie rail. I was thinking about adding a bi-pod to my Colt 6920 but would like an extended rail system that allows me to have that and my VFG. I think the 7" rail I have is too short for both a VFG and bi-pod. I don't want to modify the FSB either so I think this will be a great option for me. I can't wait for Troy to release these new ones!

Beat Trash
02-23-12, 08:11
so

troy delta rail + colt 6720 = win?

I'd say so...

I'm going to try and get a Delta rail as soon as they start shipping and try it on a 6920. I'm concerned about how solid the lockup is on the mounting system. Guess we'll find out...

^Rb
02-23-12, 10:24
Very competitively-priced against the Daniel Defense Omega.

Troy needs to hurry and release a mid-length version of the Delta. :)

trinydex
02-23-12, 14:12
I'd say so...

I'm going to try and get a Delta rail as soon as they start shipping and try it on a 6920. I'm concerned about how solid the lockup is on the mounting system. Guess we'll find out...

Bit of a derail, but why did u pick 6920 over 6720?

Beat Trash
02-23-12, 17:26
Only because the 6720 did not exist when I bought my 6920's.

m4brian
02-23-12, 17:33
Interesting indeed, now that $200 DD Omega X rails dried up. Looks like a solid lockup like the Centurion. What is key is the weight. Centurion is VERY light. Having more real estate on the front (as it appears) is good to mount the light fwd away from the FSP - then you can use bear handed if need be.

ryanburbridge
04-06-12, 00:55
I can not find any info on what gas system Troy makes these new rails for. I can only assume the stupid carbine gas system on the 16" barrel.

Help

3 AE
04-06-12, 01:08
It's just you.

ryanburbridge
04-06-12, 18:37
It's just you.

Umm yea thanks for the help. Great start for my first post in this forum.

So what have you found? I looked at there website and it was not listed in the description.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

a0cake
04-06-12, 20:33
I can not find any info on what gas system Troy makes these new rails for. I can only assume the stupid carbine gas system on the 16" barrel.

Carbine gas. 14.5'' or 16'' is irrelevant.

Seeing as how a major market for these drop in rails is Military and LEO personnel who are often not allowed to modify their rifles, it makes perfect sense that these new Troy rails are designed for the Carbine gas system which is found on M4 rifles.

Those with the freedom to use Midlength rifles (which you obviously seem to prefer) are obviously not bound by the same constraints and can choose any rail they want. The demand for this sort of system is not nearly as large for Midlengths.

ryanburbridge
04-06-12, 22:36
Carbine gas. 14.5'' or 16'' is irrelevant.

Seeing as how a major market for these drop in rails is Military and LEO personnel who are often not allowed to modify their rifles, it makes perfect sense that these new Troy rails are designed for the Carbine gas system which is found on M4 rifles.

Those with the freedom to use Midlength rifles (which you obviously seem to prefer) are obviously not bound by the same constraints and can choose any rail they want. The demand for this sort of system is not nearly as large for Midlengths.

Thanks bud yea what I was guessing. I think i would rather have the alpha rail.

Have you seen any good pictures of how the alpha rail mounts to the standard barrel nut? Did a search on the forum but did not see pics.

If I ran a 15" alpha rail do you think the front sight would be spot on mounted at the end of the rail or would it flex a little?

James Taranto

a0cake
04-06-12, 22:47
Thanks bud yea what I was guessing. I think i would rather have the alpha rail.

Have you seen any good pictures of how the alpha rail mounts to the standard barrel nut? Did a search on the forum but did not see pics.

If I ran a 15" alpha rail do you think the front sight would be spot on mounted at the end of the rail or would it flex a little?

James Taranto

I haven't used the new Alpha rails. I did try a 15'' TRX some time ago and was unsatisfied due to flex / movement. Ended up with a 14'' DD Lite Rail on that particular rifle, which has not had the same issue that you tend to see with these longer rails.

Whether anything has changed besides the mounting mechanism I don't know.

Here's a link that explains a bit better how the Alpha attaches.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=547854

DacoRoman
06-25-12, 21:54
Sorry for the mild necro post, but has anyone tried the Battle Rails yet?

Is it a foregone conclusion that the Centurion C4 FSP is lighter and has a more robust attachement?

I keep going back and forth between the C4 FSP and the Battle Rail. I like the drop in aspect of the Battle Rail, but I'm not constrained by any entity to not modify the gun, but it would still be more convenient to not have to..however if the C4 was clearly more robust (weight would be a secondary concern to me, but not an unimportant one obviously) I'd just have to dig out my long misplaced Dremel and get the C4. Another + for the Battle Rail is the more economical price.

Brian Brazier
07-02-12, 15:08
I will be picking up a Charlie when they become availible

RC51_Texas
07-02-12, 16:22
Has anyone bought the Delta Rail and installed it yet? Just curious as to the difficulty or simplicity of the installation.

Beat Trash
07-02-12, 16:52
I'll let you know about the Delta rails if and when they ever actually start to make and ship them. I've been told they would ship "in about 4-6 weeks, ever since SHOT.

I'm at the point where I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever ship any before SHOT 2013?

captdreifus
07-02-12, 17:06
Have you got in contact with Troy about the production time of these rails? I'm interested as well. Thanks

Beat Trash
07-02-12, 18:09
I last called around the first week of June. I was told 4-6 weeks. Again.

RC51_Texas
07-02-12, 18:17
I'll let you know about the Delta rails if and when they ever actually start to make and ship them. I've been told they would ship "in about 4-6 weeks, ever since SHOT.

I'm at the point where I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever ship any before SHOT 2013?

Roger that. I had assumed they were shipping by now. Thanks for the update.

captdreifus
07-02-12, 19:13
I last called around the first week of June. I was told 4-6 weeks. Again.

Thanks

jasonhgross
04-07-13, 12:09
Sorry to necropost if this has been covered, but mid lengths seem to exist now:

http://store.troyind.com/Troy_BattleRail_Delta_p/srai-dlt-mxbt-00.htm

Degs
04-07-13, 12:26
They almost exist... No order button, only an "add to wish list" option. Been watching the site for an actual order option for a little over a month.