PDA

View Full Version : 100-level pistol training within driving distance of Trenton

QuietShootr
01-24-12, 15:54
Anyone know of any GOOD instructors giving pistol classes within a reasonable distance of Trenton, NJ?

GIJew766
01-24-12, 19:28
What's reasonable distance, brother? And how on earth did I not know you were behind enemy lines across the river?

H

SMT85
01-25-12, 09:17
I've heard of "gun for hire".
never been to one of their classes though. were kinda limited in this state.
they have them in bellville,cedar grove and piney hollow range.

http://www.gunforhire.com/

QuietShootr
01-25-12, 09:30
What's reasonable distance, brother? And how on earth did I not know you were behind enemy lines across the river?

H

I'm not - it's for a co-worker who lives in that area and is interested in learning to shoot. If I were anywhere near the area I'd help him out, but I'm not, and I don't want to send him to a den of douchenozzles like Ray's in Plainfield (if they're even still there).

I was thinking somewhere in VA or PA that he could get a weekend class in would be about right.

GIJew766
01-25-12, 11:14
For a basic level pistol course, there are a couple gun ranges that run decent courses throughout Bucks County in PA. Classic Pistol, Pistol People, etc. Every now and again there may be a VSM in western PA, but that's usually like 6-8 hours from Trenton.

Gimme a day or two to look around and I'll find something if I can.

H

Alex V
02-06-12, 07:51
MDTS will have classes in Old Bridge and Barnegat this year.

I have taken their pistol and carbine classes and enjoyed both, plan on taking more this year as well.

The Gun-For-Hire guys are based out of somewhere around The Bullet Hole in Bellville, which is a lot further North. Not sure where they teach their classes tho.

d90king
02-06-12, 08:01
Northern Red is doing some classes in Palymyra Pa which is probably about a hour and half. They are an excellent outfit who's training is top notch.

I'm working on bringing a lot of other classes to the Phila area but it takes forever to get them approved by the FUDS at the local clubs. I hope to have it squared away sometime in the next few months.

Check out Grey Groups site for others that might have slipped my mind.

Also check out www.FirearmsTrainingandTactics.com in the Training Ops section. There are several VSM's doing classes that might fit the bill too. I know Joe R is now starting to do classes.

Here are a couple I found that might work
http://www.firearmstrainingandtactics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1960

http://www.firearmstrainingandtactics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1958

Grant is also starting up his spring schedule and he might have something that works if the drive isn't to far.

Good luck and let me know if I can help.

kml9705
02-20-12, 09:06
Try www.nogamesgear.com they have a basic handgun course coming up the end of this moth. They also do advanced courses and other training as well. The owner of the company is a NJSP firearms instructor and very knowledgeable.

Voodoo_Man
02-20-12, 09:18
What kind of course are you looking for specifically?

Intro to pistol? Basic pistol? Just to run a bunch of drills, pistol tactics and mindset?

Need to be specific...