PDA

View Full Version : Big concerns with Hodgdon 300 Blk Data

GunnutAF
01-24-12, 17:19
rsilvers
Just got my dies today and formed up some Fed .223 Rem Brass. I don't have my upper yet to confirm Cartidge OAL I'm bassing this off my obsevation off my reloads.
I think maybe they have the OAL with the Nosler BT 125s set to deep. I have the pinktip 125gr Factory ammo as a guage- bullet profile is very close to the Nosler. The oal for this round is 2.140" +/- and Hodgdon wants you to push the Nosler into the case for an oal of 2.060" , Why I have a problem with this? It puts the bullet obviusly deeper into the case -powder compression and puts the case mouth on the bullet alcove where good tension is not achieved. Trying to crimp the case will shove the bullet deeper-making things worse. Hopefully ACC will get wind of this and confirm or deny we may have a typo on the data?

Hopefully this may prevent problems with this load. As with all new cartridges care must be taken when so little data is available.

SomeOtherGuy
01-24-12, 19:47
I would suggest posting this in the reloading forum at 300blktalk:

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=141

Rsilvers is also active there (it's his site). Whatever he has to say will probably reach more reloaders there than here, and it may also reach Hodgdon.