PDA

View Full Version : sketchy rails?

KingCobra
01-24-12, 20:11
I recently got some rails from my friend for the low price of free..

he had them on his M&P rifle.

I was going to put them on my rifle as i have been wanting some rails, but after getting them i'm not sure about going through with it. they look like KAC rail but don't have a KAC engraving on the inside.

they have the heat shield and i got them with a KAC verticle grip..

idea's or help?

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/001-20.jpg
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/002-24.jpg
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/003-21.jpg
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/004-22.jpg

BCmJUnKie
01-24-12, 20:25
They look like KAC to me.

I dont think Knights puts a P/N on their rails, I could be wrong though.

If they ARE knock offs, they look just like Knights Carbine rail

KingCobra
01-24-12, 20:33
they feel just like every other rail i have held, and everything seems so right but the lack of KAC's logo worries me..

markm
01-24-12, 20:40
Looks like a Gutted knights knock off.

KingCobra
01-24-12, 20:42
what does gutted mean? are they missing something obvious?

my friend said he had them on his gun for well over 5K rounds.

if they really are knock offs would it be acceptable to put them on my gun or no..?

5pins
01-24-12, 21:11
Another company is making the carbine rails for the Army now but I can’t think of the name right now, I can take a look at work tomorrow. Are there any markings on it?

It looks like its missing some parts that help lock down the upper handguard.

Belmont31R
01-24-12, 21:14
Every KAC RAS I have seen have the KAC logo on the underside of the rail (inside the top part) along with the company info.

There is also supposed to be a hook that attaches to the barrel nut and then a screw through the top rail on the back end to tighten the hook.

My guess is fake.

JSGlock34
01-24-12, 21:24
Another company is making the carbine rails for the Army now but I can’t think of the name right now, I can take a look at work tomorrow.

I think P&S is the other company that is producing the RAS now.

5pins
01-24-12, 21:46
I think P&S is the other company that is producing the RAS now.

That’s it, P&S.

markm
01-25-12, 07:55
Every KAC RAS I have seen have the KAC logo on the underside of the rail (inside the top part) along with the company info.

There is also supposed to be a hook that attaches to the barrel nut and then a screw through the top rail on the back end to tighten the hook.

My guess is fake.

Yep.. that's what I meant by "gutted". My money is on a fake. It won't hurt anything to use it. But the materials and finish are likely VERY substandard to a real KAC. It won't hold up like a real KAC.

If it's fake, they definitely would have cut corners on the Annodizing and Alloy used.

5pins
01-25-12, 09:22
The ones I have in my shop are marked P&S Products 4u486 in white letters inside the top handguard. The bottom has the number 04099 on the hest shield just behind the forward arrow.

According to the TM you are missing the: REAR HANDGUARD CLAMP, SLOTTED SCREW ASSEMBLY, FLAT SPRING, SPECIAL SHAPED SPACER, and two spring pins.

BIGUGLY
01-25-12, 12:53
Most likely a cheap chinese knock off made of potmetal.

KingCobra
01-25-12, 16:59
so just a nogo on using them..hmm..what should I do with them? I suspect the KAC grip is real so i think i'll keep that..

any rails you guys know off like the KAC rails that don't cost 500$?

Belmont31R
01-25-12, 17:02
so just a nogo on using them..hmm..what should I do with them? I suspect the KAC grip is real so i think i'll keep that..

any rails you guys know off like the KAC rails that don't cost 500$?

KAC was selling blemished rails for $150. Not sure if they still do or not. Basically it was dumb things like the numbers in the slots were backwards or something equally trivial.

Search the EE and see if anyone is selling some. You are definitely missing important hardware on that setup and they would be a "no go" in any official capacity just for that let alone they are basically airsoft parts.

KingCobra
01-25-12, 17:08
KAC was selling blemished rails for $150. Not sure if they still do or not. Basically it was dumb things like the numbers in the slots were backwards or something equally trivial.

Search the EE and see if anyone is selling some. You are definitely missing important hardware on that setup and they would be a "no go" in any official capacity just for that let alone they are basically airsoft parts.

ok thanks, i'll take a look at see if I can't find some for cheap.