PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 suppressor

cathellsk
01-24-12, 23:45
I'm debating about ordering a factory threaded barrel for one of my G19s and eventually getting a suppressor. Can anyone steer me in a direction of a quality suppressor and/or brands to avoid too. This will be just for my own use as a range/fun gun accessory for now.

Wiggity
01-24-12, 23:50
In for replies.

glocktogo
01-24-12, 23:57
The AAC Ti-Rant and Silencerco Osprey are top choices, but you might want to wait and see if any new 9mm cans surface this spring before deciding. The suppressor market is evolving rapidly right now. I have an Evo-9, but if I were in the market for a new 9mm can, I'd be holding our for a user serviceable can with a monocore baffle assembly.

cathellsk
01-25-12, 00:10
Thank you for some choices. Apparently I've forgotten more than I thought I had about this subject, got some relearning to do.

espnazi
01-25-12, 00:32
Quick Question.
Why have you decided on a factory barrel when from what I've seen they are more expensive than aftermarket?

cathellsk
01-25-12, 00:51
Quick Question.
Why have you decided on a factory barrel when from what I've seen they are more expensive than aftermarket?

Simple answer...I want factory.

Magic_Salad0892
01-25-12, 03:27
AAC Ti-RANT 9S.

I love the full size Ti-RANT though.

LRB45
01-25-12, 06:08
I see that Palmetto State Armory has the Glock factory threaded barrel and notice that it is threaded M13.5 x 1LH. Is this a standard thread pitch for a suppressor?

I know nothing about suppressors so sorry if this is a stupid question.

KTR03
01-25-12, 08:29
Hey there,

Get where you are coming from on "factory". My Glocks are pretty basic and mostly original. The exception is threaded barrels. The factory block barrels are not in the thread pitch most common to 9mm cans. I'd go quality aftermarket. They are made in a factory as well.

I did ask the Glock guy at the armorers course: could I take a G17 barrel and thread it and put it in a 19. He pointed out that even if it would fit the gun the threads would not be hardened. IT was a side comment so I didn't get into it with him in detail.

KTR03
01-25-12, 08:31
AAC is a good company. I have an SWR Octane 9 on order. Either company will get you well set up. I also got the suppressor sights from ameriglo. They work great.

baffle Stack
01-25-12, 11:32
could I take a G17 barrel and thread it and put it in a 19.

That will not work. The lugs different between fullsize/Longslide glocks and the compact/subcompact glocks.

I see that Palmetto State Armory has the Glock factory threaded barrel and notice that it is threaded M13.5 x 1LH. Is this a standard thread pitch for a suppressor?

For a factory 9mm, yes M13.5x1LH is standard. However most aftermarket 9mm barrels are 1/2"x28. Most suppressors allow you to swap the piston out for one with a different thread pitch, so it's a non issue.

baffle Stack
01-25-12, 11:52
I'm debating about ordering a factory threaded barrel for one of my G19s and eventually getting a suppressor. Can anyone steer me in a direction of a quality suppressor and/or brands to avoid too. This will be just for my own use as a range/fun gun accessory for now.

I have a factory glock barrel for the G19 and a TiRANT. This combo has worked well for me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/cybin/G19TiRANTX400.jpg

markm
01-25-12, 12:03
Avoid Gemtech like the PLAGUE!!!!

Complete junk. Every 9mm can on every mount I've ever tried is horrible. The pistons and the TROS would both throw bullets all over the place... and of course unreliable feeding too.

I though all pistol cans were just unreliable trash until I shot a TiRant. The one I shot was in .45, and it was amazing. Just blew me away with the idea you could target shoot with a silencer, and have a gun that cycled reliably too. :eek:

cathellsk
01-25-12, 21:14

Complete junk.

Thank you. What about the TiRant9S (short)? Hows it compared to the longer version?

baffle Stack
01-25-12, 22:06
It's shorter and louder;)

http://www.silencerforum.com/forum/showthread.php/716-ACC-Ti-Rant-9-S-(short)-vs-AAC-Ti-Rant-9-(full-size)-SOUND-TEST!!

Schulze
01-25-12, 22:57

Complete junk. Every 9mm can on every mount I've ever tried is horrible. The pistons and the TROS would both throw bullets all over the place... and of course unreliable feeding too.

Along with aluminum blast baffles. Gemtech exemplifies mediocrity.

cathellsk, there are three "types" of silencers being brought up here - mini "wet" types like the AAC Tirant 9s; 1.25" diameter types like the AAC Evo 9 or SWR Shadow 9; or 1.375" diameter types like the AAC Tirant or SWR Octane. I'd put the Osprey in with the larger group.

The mini cans are made for concealment and performance for a small number of shots. For general use they are annoying, as you must re-fill them with water/gel every ten shots.

The 1.25" cans are a good balance of performance and size. The latest Evo 9 core is only a few db off of the top performing, larger cans. The only one of these I would consider is the Evo 9 just because it is so efficient.

The 1.375" are even larger but are the quietest you can get. Some are made to disassemble for cleaning and would be a smart buy if you intend to do some high volume shooting. The AAC Tirant 9, Liberty Mystic, and SWR Octane all disassemble and are top performers. The Osprey is also quiet but is not serviceable.

Hope that helps

cathellsk
01-26-12, 11:31
Schulze, thank you very much.
baffle Stack, thanks for the link.

charmcitycop
01-30-12, 12:28