PDA

View Full Version : Convicted murderer on death row boasts about life of leisure. . .

Moose-Knuckle
01-26-12, 02:44
. . .And he is absolutely right.

"Is the public aware that I am a gentleman of leisure, watching color TV in the A.C., reading, taking naps at will, eating three well balanced hot meals a day," Hembree asked in the letter. "I'm housed in a building that connects to the new 55 million dollar hospital with round the clock free medical care 24/7."

"I laugh at you self righteous clowns and I spit in the face of your so called justice system. The state of North Carolina has sentenced me to death but it's not real".

"Kill me if you can suckers. Ha! Ha! Ha!"

http://news.yahoo.com/north-carolina-death-row-inmate-writes-letter-life-152637993--abc-news.html

Danny Robbie Hembree Jr. is a convicted serial killer and predator of women and girls yet he is receiving better health care than our veterans. He does not labor for his shelter, food, or creature comforts as YOU AND I do that for him and MILLIONS like him. Our hard earned dollars that are taken from us through taxation not only affords him a comfortable life but one that is better off than many in this nation at this time of economic down turn.

People in the medieval age did it right. . .

markm
01-26-12, 07:40
He needs a Nintendo Wii!

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-26-12, 08:07
It like this in every prision in america more or less. We need hard labor and punishment, a reason not to go back to jail. I get so spun up just thinking about it.

Scoby
01-26-12, 08:23
. . .
People in the medieval age did it right. . .

We don't have to go back that far. Bring back the chain gangs of the '50s and '60s. At the very least make them work, and work damn hard, for their keep. Hell...to some of these pieces of shit, that may be more of a deterrent than a death sentence.

This guy however needs to be eliminated from society.

CarlosDJackal
01-26-12, 10:31
It seems that Sheriff Joe has it right with his Tent City and Chain Gangs. So why isn't the rest of the country following his lead?

If it wasn't against my scruples, I almost wish someone would shank this scumbag and he dies a slow, painful death in some dingy bathroom floor. :mad:

Irish
01-26-12, 13:12
It seems that Sheriff Joe has it right with his Tent City and Chain Gangs. So why isn't the rest of the country following his lead?

That's a whole 'nother ball of wax. He puts people who haven't been convicted in his Tent City and also puts them on chain gangs. If they've been found guilty and convicted of a crime then have at it but putting people who could be deemed innocent of their charges in that type of environment isn't appropriate in my opinion.

As for the OP. I have a real simple solution.

khc3
01-26-12, 14:12
I'm not sure how envious I am of someone who enjoys living in prison.

Seems like he's already in hell.

ryr8828
01-26-12, 17:06
I've done work in prisons and been forced to eat there or not at all.

His claim of good food is bogus, but he needs to rot in hell. I wouldn't trade places with him.

Moose-Knuckle
01-26-12, 17:59
I've done work in prisons and been forced to eat there or not at all.

His claim of good food is bogus, but he needs to rot in hell. I wouldn't trade places with him.

Not every prison is the same. I have several colleagues who use to work as corrections officers for TDC (TX Dept. of Corrections). Both of them raved about the incredible food that would be served to them by their trustees.

toasterlocker
01-26-12, 23:46
That's a whole 'nother ball of wax. He puts people who haven't been convicted in his Tent City and also puts them on chain gangs. If they've been found guilty and convicted of a crime then have at it but putting people who could be deemed innocent of their charges in that type of environment isn't appropriate in my opinion.

As for the OP. I have a real simple solution.

Not sure where you are getting your information. The chain gangs are voluntary. And it was also my understanding that you don't get assigned to the Tent City until you have actually been convicted. I'm pretty sure everyone else who is awaiting an initial appearance/arraignment/trial stays in an ordinary jail.

Edit to add: I'm not a Joe fan because he absolutely is a stereotypical showboating style over substance politician, but criticisms should at least be accurate.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-27-12, 01:45
Reminds me of ol' boy Richard Speck. Floppy titties, BJ's, coke, and parties...on death row. Granted, the titties were his own because he took female hormones to better serve his male masters.

Its a broken system when we do more for the perp than we do for the victim. There really is no justice.

Irish
01-27-12, 09:02
Not sure where you are getting your information. The chain gangs are voluntary. And it was also my understanding that you don't get assigned to the Tent City until you have actually been convicted. I'm pretty sure everyone else who is awaiting an initial appearance/arraignment/trial stays in an ordinary jail.

Edit to add: I'm not a Joe fan because he absolutely is a stereotypical showboating style over substance politician, but criticisms should at least be accurate.

My criticism is accurate and I obtained my information from sitting across the visiting bench at the jail. The person I was visiting was later exonerated of all charges and was given the same treatment that I described. Your understanding of Tent City and who gets sent there is inaccurate as of about 2 years ago. If you're only getting your info from the media than I would question it's accuracy as I'm not in the habit of just posting BS stories to exercise my fingers.

Arpaio is an asshole of the umpteenth degree and is more about grandstanding and getting reelected than anything. He appeals to the unintelligent masses at the most base level and is currently experiencing a DOJ investigation due to his practices. I really don't wish to discuss it further as I don't want to veer off track too far. If someone else has a different opinion they're welcome to it.

Kfgk14
01-27-12, 13:57
Things that drive my blood pressure through the damn roof...that we put $30,000+ per year into each of these ****ers! They should live in boxes, on two meals a day, and they oughta break goddamn rocks all day in the sun, somewhere in public so people can come and laugh at them and taunt them for being screw-ups. That would be fair. And to the death-row inmates, I say as soon as you get the conviction, that oughta be it. One gun, one bullet, all done. Clean up the mess, drop him in his box, and ship him off to where ever it pleases him to be buried.
Simple. Cheap. Efficient. How un-government...

trinydex
01-28-12, 04:15
Wheres occupy prison movement???

On a serious note, can we discuss the evolution of punishment?

I think justice was much more expeditious in days of yore. the death sentence was faster. Innocent people surely did die in error. How far do we go to safeguard against that? How much can we afford to spend? How do you stop crime?

Why has punishment become so sanitized?

Is takin away time worse than takin away life?

Do we try to correct (departments of correction) or do we punish (penitentiary) what is the goal of punishment? Deterrant? Retibution? Stopping of the individual committing an individual crime? Are we just sequestering the socially unsightly from the status quo masses?