PDA

View Full Version : World War Z movie!!

CarlosDJackal
01-26-12, 13:39
Looks like Brad Pitt and company will be making: World War Z Movie (2012) (http://www.reelz.com/movie/270259/world-war-z/)

I hope they keep as close to the book as possible. If they hold true to the story and not screw it up with love triangles and such it could be an epic movie.

QuickStrike
01-26-12, 14:06
I hope they have good gun handling, and not like that Zombie Land crap. :cool:

ForTehNguyen
01-26-12, 14:44
Zombieland was actually pretty funny, I've watched it probably 20x. Zombies can be funny as well

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-26-12, 15:17
Zombieland was actually pretty funny, I've watched it probably 20x. Zombies can be funny as well

I agree its a good flick.

Axcelea
01-26-12, 17:33
I would have to bet it gets butchered although it could still be entertaining just not the storytelling/history book feel that the book was.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-26-12, 19:03
Hollywood seems addicted to sequals and prequals and alternate time lines- then they take trilogy books and make one movie out of them?

jaydoc1
01-26-12, 19:06
It's going to be butchered. Read any number of the included links from the above linked webpage. They've apparently done away with the flashback narrative style of the book and have made the zombies runners instead of shufflers. The director has referred multiple times to how they are "making the book their own" while also saying "we are trying to keep many details of the book in place".

It may end up being a good movie, but it's not going to be World War Z.

trinydex
01-26-12, 19:18
No waaay

HES
01-26-12, 23:07
The movie version of World War Z will shit on the book in the same way that the movie version of Star Ship Troopers shit all over what Heinlein wrote. The only difference is that Max Brooks is still alive and won't be able to spin in his grave.

trinydex
01-26-12, 23:16
The tv adaptation of walking dead hasnt been too bad.

kwelz
01-27-12, 07:06
Yep, everything I have read has indicated that they are going to use the book for toilet paper. It is going to be some "Race to stop the Zombie Plague" type of movie.

CarlosDJackal
01-27-12, 07:50

It's one of my favorite movies. I went and bought the DVD as soon as they released it.

At least with Zombieland there was no expectation for technical accuracy right from the start. But you have to give it to the producers, they forces the lead character to reload his side-by-side after every two shots and even the others had to do some sort of reload.

Armati
01-27-12, 14:04
It might be a great zombie movie but it will not be WWZ. They will totally **** up the zombies, the way civilization collapses, and how the living fight back. It will show Brad Pitt saving the world from the Zed.

Waiting for the express train to Netflix....

duece71
01-27-12, 15:32
Too bad its gonna suck, the book was very good. I will wait for previews. I haven't been to a movie in the theatre in quite a while. All the trash out of hollywood lately has me thinking 2x about paying $7-10 for a theatre movie.