PDA

View Full Version : Enidine AR-Restor

12-16-07, 23:19
I tried one of them out today. First I put it in one of my midlengths 556- l didn't like the way it felt, sluggish. It also didn't cycle the BCG back far enough to lock back properly on the bolt stop with last round. It would stop on the carrier instead of the bolt. It did not matter what ammo I used. No other issues, it went bang everytime I pulled the trigger.

Then I switched it to a carbine length 556, It still felt sluggish and seemed I was waiting for the BCG to finish its cycle so I could fire the next shot. It too had problems locking back on the bolt stop with last round with all except some British 62 gr suplus (HOT loads). No other issues.

Then I stuck it in one of my 7" 556 pistols. I kinda liked it there. No issues at all, took some of the snap out but felt good. It cycled all of the ammo I use in all my ar's including some of my 55gr ballistic tips which chrony average at 2190out of the 7" tube. This is a great snowmachining tool, and smokes fox & coyotes inside 100/150yds.

By the way the temp was -15 to -20 while I was shooting. Which may have some effect on the enidine. I will run it again when the temps get colder, and again this summer when it a tad warmer.

My initial thoughts are that I would not use it in any fighting AR. I also wouldn't use in in my 6.5 grendel and 50 beowulf even though it functioned ok in these guns. Where I use these weapons I am not the top of the food chain!

MacMan
12-17-07, 00:32
I just purchased one of these for my Colt 6920, but have not had a chance to try it out yet. Anyone else use one of these? Any issues with it? I should know by now to ask before purchasing something new. That's the great thing about a forum like this one. There is always good advice to be had, if I just remember to ask before I spend the money!!!

Lawdog-1
12-17-07, 00:44
Well, will the Enidine Buffer make a 10.5" LMT Upper run softer,smoother?

boltcatch
12-17-07, 01:05
Got one a while back when it was new and on sale. I had no issues with the bolt failing to lock back, but using it pretty much meant you had to do the rambo-slingshot to load it if the bolt wasn't already back. I had one of the older ones - newer ones aren't so hard to deal with, apparently.

I liked how it shot in my 16" LMT. However, when I went back to a midlength gas system I tried a standard buffer in it and found that it felt just about perfect for me. I have not put the Enidine back in.