PDA

View Full Version : "I am Legend" Perfect SHTF AR15 Carbine

variablebinary
12-17-07, 02:22
I can’t believe there isn’t a thread on this already, but Will Smith's "I am Legend" AR15 seemed to be perfectly conceived for a SHTF weapon.

16" barrel for mobility and respectable ballistics
Adjustable stock
"Tactical" light
Low level fixed power magnification for simplicity, keeping distance, target identification at range, and general surveillance.
Quad rail with panels to protect naked hands

It was pretty much everything a person of practicality would need in a SHTF situation. It wont be long till Robert Neville AR15 clones start popping up in picture threads

On a side note, notice the tactics of Will Smith throughout the movie. Evade, run and avoid fights whenever possible.

It was a good movie all around. I give it ***1/2

BushmasterFanBoy
12-17-07, 05:30
First off, read the Matheson Book, it's much better. The themes present in the book are much more serious and the ending is nowhere near as cuddly as the movie. In the book, he's a regular guy who is just out to kill the infected. He kills them while they sleep, instead of trying to cure them, in the book, he only wants to find the nest where they all gather. Where in the movie he ran and avoided fights, if it stayed true to the book, he would've saw that as a jackpot, had a UV light attached to his AR and killed them.

Second off, I'd prefer an Eotech given his environment. Those things move way too fast to engage with an ACOG at close distance. The ACOG is useful for IDing a target, but couldn't he just use a monocular instead?

Also, I'd want a 14.5in barrel, easy to come by with all the .mil M4's laying around, and you wouldn't care about NFA when you go to put on a Phantom. 14.5 can perform with M193 out to 100 yards, and still make hits past that point to wherever you can. I'd rather not have a government mandated 1.5 inches sticking out of my gun when I'm clearing a dark building where they can really use the muzzle as leverage if it sticks past a corner.

His gun handling was pretty shabby at times, didn't really look like they emphasized him looking familiar with it, at least during the scenes in which he shot it.

I'd give the movie **1/2 . Strayed from the book and it suffered because of that. Would've been much better and more deep if they kept the cute ending out.

Obiwan
12-17-07, 07:08
Of course if they stayed true to the book the movie would have abruptly ended after 45 minutes;)

TOrrock
12-17-07, 07:59
I can't believe I'm debating this, but if you are using a 1.5x ACOG, you won't have any issues up close, and I'd much, much rather have that than a battery operated EOTECH.

That's all I'm sayin'.....

Robb Jensen
12-17-07, 08:02
I think I'd prefer a 10" gun with a T1 Aimpoint on it..............wait I have one of those. ;)

markm
12-17-07, 08:09
I can't believe I'm debating this...

There is a certain retardation in debating hollywood weapon set ups. :p

M4arc
12-17-07, 10:08
I won't get into the carbine setup...

Besides the title and the name of the character the book and movie had nothing in common. While it's a very good movie it doesn't follow the book at all. Read the book and see the movie but don't try and compare the two.

Next on my reading list is Matheson's "Hell House" :D

graffex
12-17-07, 10:41
I also thought it would be difficult to hit those things at close range with the Acog. I think I'd prefer a Aimpoint in his situation.

Striker5
12-17-07, 11:30
I haven't seen the movie and don't know who made it, but I will hazard that they just selected a tacticool looking M4 and threw it in there.

Saw most of "Omega Man" last night. I'd seen it a long time ago and wanted to give it another look, w/ all the hoopla about the remake (is it just me or iabout 40% of movies out these days remakes? but I digress). I fell asleep halfway through - from fatigue, not the movie. I'm going to try to finish it tonight. A few things I took away:
1. I had forgotten how much Charleton Heston is "The MAN"
2. TEOTW is cool because there will be no more annoying Christmas shoppers
3. " is cool because of conscience-free looting.

I am going to check out the movie. I hate Will Smith only because everyone likes him.:)

For anyone who is into movies, they are currently turning Cormac McCarthy's (No Country for Old Men author) cannibalistic post-apocalyptic novel The Road into a movie. Viggo Mortensen stars, John Hillicoat (The Proposition) directs.

MattC
12-17-07, 11:50
Second off, I'd prefer an Eotech given his environment. Those things move way too fast to engage with an ACOG at close distance. The ACOG is useful for IDing a target, but couldn't he just use a monocular instead?

Where do you propose to get the batteries?

heijutsu
12-17-07, 12:42
Where do you propose to get the batteries?

Same place he gets the batteries for the light on the M4.

I can't say that I "liked" the movie, but I think it was a good movie and I thought Will Smith did a very good job in it. I really like the Matheson book but in today's world you have to add in guns and explosions to get an audience.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Maybe I'm just a puss but the dog dying pulled heavily at the heart strings and I have to admit I shed a tear. And as for the weapons handling, I would think that after 3 years with out anyone you don't really have to worry about sweeping the wrong thing with the muzzle.

BushmasterFanBoy
12-17-07, 14:37

I can't say that I "liked" the movie, but I think it was a good movie and I thought Will Smith did a very good job in it. I really like the Matheson book but in today's world you have to add in guns and explosions to get an audience.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Maybe I'm just a puss but the dog dying pulled heavily at the heart strings and I have to admit I shed a tear. And as for the weapons handling, I would think that after 3 years with out anyone you don't really have to worry about sweeping the wrong thing with the muzzle.

I use an AA batery Eotech. Replacements are not hard to come by at all.

The muzzle discipline isn't what I'm talking about. The scene where he is clearing the building and has his firing hand up by the forward assist and uses his hand to "cup" the light as opposed to using his pressure switch. At one point, he holds the magwell with his firing hand because cupping the light is keeping him from holding the gun right. Also, in the street scene, his doesn't even shoulder the rifle. He was spraying, but it just didn't seem right. He also forgets to shoulder it in the final scenes.

MattC
12-17-07, 14:38

That's a good point. I haven't seen the movie yet and missed the mention of the "tactical light". I suspect that if this were a real situation, the light wouldn't last too long.

rhino
12-17-07, 15:16
Given the scenario, he probably has access to more supplies than he could ever use.

Jeffy
12-17-07, 15:20
I think if they copied the book, no one would go see the movie. For the most part he's not really doing much other then nailing boards to his house, occasionally clearing other homes and whining about sex. Oh and getting drunk at night. Then later he spends a couple chapters trying to get the dog which dies anyway. The last part is his betrayal by the woman and the uprising of the new society. There is very little action at all. Even Omega Man had more action then the book. The book was good but not movie material in it's original state.

I think for a reinterpretation/modernization of the book, it did alright. Most of the same themes were there. This loneliness, the dog, and I guess the finding of the girl later. The scene where he's running around in the bank was pretty exciting. I think they could have extended that a bit more though.

The trap the leader of the dark walkers was a bit disappointing since there was no explanation. Were the dark walkers just zombies or where they smarter? They kinda left that part hanging. In the book they weren't active during the day. Neville was able to stake them while they slept. I guess dark walkers don't need to sleep.

The ending was kinda lame. Neville has to die. That's where the 'I am Legend' comes from but in the book Neville just gives up. I think the movie went too far with his heroic actions. The gated community in Virginia was kinda lame as well. I guess they wanted Neville's death not to be in vein but that was the whole purpose of the book. He was the last human.

As for his AR. Well, you would have thought he'd get a M4A1 and not a 16". He was using the Acog to ID stuff most of the time. He wasn't clearing rooms other then the time he was forced to to get Sam. In those cases an Eotech or Aimpoint would have been better BUT then you've got to consider the limited supply of batteries. In the book though, bullets don't work on them since the bacteria is able to stop any bleeding so all shots would need to be head shots.

I think I'd be looking for a shotgun or maybe getting out of Dodge all together. Maybe find a cabin somewhere.

wahoo95
12-17-07, 16:52
Not to over analyze but given the situation, finding batteries would not be a problem for him. He had keys to all the stores and access to any supplies he needed.
I liked the movie, however I wish it had lasted a little longer and given him a chance to battle the zombies a little more. I will admit I think the only downside to the movie was the pitiful CGI Zombies.....they didn't look right and should not have possessed super human strength and speed. Outside of that i liked it.

Jeffy
12-17-07, 16:55
Not to over analyze but given the situation, finding batteries would not be a problem for him. He had keys to all the stores and access to any supplies he needed.
I liked the movie, however I wish it had lasted a little longer and given him a chance to battle the zombies a little more. I will admit I think the only downside to the movie was the pitiful CGI Zombies.....they didn't look right and should not have possessed super human strength and speed. Outside of that i liked it.

Well, he would have to make sure those stores were clear though. The batteries have been sitting around for at least 3 years as well. They don't really explain that he was clearing out building with the map though. It would have been a lot harder to clear out the buildings then houses like in the book.

I believe the super strength was explained in the book.

Jay Cunningham
12-17-07, 17:43
AR General Discussion, eh?

Oh boy...

subzero
12-17-07, 18:25

Oh boy...

So it's not just me then.

M4arc
12-17-07, 18:35

Oh boy...

We need to make you a moderator! ;)

SuicideHz
12-17-07, 18:54
Hmmm...

NYC. Most people (all people) but him are dead. It's not like AA's are being burned up in pocket rockets.

He can head into any one of the local shops and take what he wants.

I assumed the "carbine" was a true M4 that was picked up from a dead soldier? It would HAVE to be.

No matter what he used whether we can tell it's 16" or 14.5", it was an M4 and that's what it was supposed to be.

Right?

Dave L.
12-17-07, 19:54
I just spent 2 minutes of my life (that I can never get back) reading this thread.

Personally I would forget about every AR-15 on the planet and be trying to launch that SR-71 Blackbird off the deck of that Carrier (to which I'm still trying to figure out what it's doing there); But feel free to keep debating the best Optic to kill Zombies with....

SuicideHz
12-17-07, 20:11
Yeah, I saw that in a preview- do you think the zombies put it there to lure guys like you in?

variablebinary
12-17-07, 20:20
Personally I would forget about every AR-15 on the planet and be trying to launch that SR-71 Blackbird off the deck of that Carrier (to which I'm still trying to figure out what it's doing there); But feel free to keep debating the best Optic to kill Zombies with....

As a born and bred New Yorker allow me to assist.

That aircraft carrier is the USS Intrepid, Sea, Air and Space Museum. None of those aircraft work. I dont even think the ship actually works. They are just museum pieces. There are no live weapons on that ship.

If there was a live blackbird just sitting in the river, in the middle of midtown manhattan, it would have been carjacked and had 50" rims put on it years ago

http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/intrepidmuseum/index.php?MERCURYSID=7dc5cb8e015078ae58ec4718b43d2d3f

Jeffy
12-17-07, 20:25
I just spent 2 minutes of my life (that I can never get back) reading this thread.

The SR-71 is sitting on the USS Intrepid (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=USS+Intrepid&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.320439,72.333984&ie=UTF8&ll=40.764543,-74.000178&spn=0.00115,0.003087&t=h&z=19&om=1). It's been there for a few years now. The ship is a museum. Actually I think many of the planes do work. Although there isn't enough deck to launch an SR-71. Some planes are decommissioned and made non-op though.

Dave L.
12-17-07, 21:46
The SR-71 is sitting on the USS Intrepid (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=USS+Intrepid&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.320439,72.333984&ie=UTF8&ll=40.764543,-74.000178&spn=0.00115,0.003087&t=h&z=19&om=1). Although there isn't enough deck to launch an SR-71.

Oh, I never said anything about actually flying in it- Just launching it off the carrier...and for that there is plenty of deck :D

But thanks for clearing that up; I just assumed it was an enormous movie flaw.

ST911
12-17-07, 22:03
So it's not just me then.

Nope. I was hoping it might pass us by, but no joy.

f.2
12-17-07, 22:27
I read No Country for Old Men in less than 2 days. Loved the book and the movie. Now I'm looking forward to this - The Road - thanks for the heads up. I can tell you that imho all of the previews before I am Legend sucked hind tit. What a bunch of bullshit hollywood cranks out. I'm pretty picky nowadays as to what I go see anyway.

For anyone who is into movies, they are currently turning Cormac McCarthy's (No Country for Old Men author) cannibalistic post-apocalyptic novel The Road into a movie. Viggo Mortensen stars, John Hillicoat (The Proposition) directs.

Dport
12-17-07, 22:28

I do believe it's a CIA A-12.;)

The discussion is pointless because it's a fricken movie, so I thought I'd side-track.

rhino
12-18-07, 08:30
Zombies?

Why did they use zombies and not vampires?

Jeffy
12-18-07, 14:23
Zombies?

Why did they use zombies and not vampires?

They're Zomb-pires. :p They mixed the two type of dead that were in the book. One was the reanimation of the dead. They had been dead before the outbreak. These were dumb zombie like since they only had limited thinking. Then there were the ones who got sick and died. Those somehow kept their memories. Although the movie seem to only depict the dead ones.

Good book but a bit anticlimactic. Movie was pretty good but the ending was too hopeful.

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2007/wb/iamlegend/setpic2.jpg

rhino
12-19-07, 03:50
Thanks ... it's been years since I read the novella.

1SFG
12-19-07, 05:56
As a born and bred New Yorker allow me to assist.

That aircraft carrier is the USS Intrepid, Sea, Air and Space Museum. None of those aircraft work. I dont even think the ship actually works. They are just museum pieces. There are no live weapons on that ship.

If there was a live blackbird just sitting in the river, in the middle of midtown manhattan, it would have been carjacked and had 50" rims put on it years ago

http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/intrepidmuseum/index.php?MERCURYSID=7dc5cb8e015078ae58ec4718b43d2d3f

only correction to above is that i believe the Intrepid is still capable of firing-up. In fact, believe it did that recently during the great stuck in the mud episode as they moved her out to get her refurb'd.

variablebinary
12-19-07, 08:49
I havent read the book in awhile. Years even. But the book ending would have made for a really sucky Movie ending.

Jeffy
12-19-07, 15:02
I havent read the book in awhile. Years even. But the book ending would have made for a really sucky Movie ending.

***Spoiler***

The book's ending has Ruth, the girl he finds running around in LA betray him. She was running around in day light but had makeup on her body so it didn't look dead. She was one of the ones who got sick then died. Others like her started to form a community to try to reestablish a government. She then knocks him out after he takes some blood samples.

Neville wakes the next morning and finds a note. The note says she was a spy but she also warns Neville to leave and go into the woods as the others will be coming. Several days pass. One night his friend zombie/vampire Bob and a few others from the neighborhood come out as they normally so and surround Nevilles house. Some truck come and these others start killing them with pikes and guns.

They break into Neville's house then take him prisoner. Neville wakes up in a room and meets Ruth again. She tells him that he should of hid but Neville being a wuss can't. She gives him some sort of pill and Neville takes it. his last words are 'I am Legend' as he was the last man on earth.

The movie is very different. The dark walkers don't know where Neville lives. There is a leader of sorts which is somewhat similar to Bob in the book. Earlier Neville captures a female dark walker that we're supposed to think is the leaders girl. He's able to track Neville back to his home after he is rescued by this woman and kid. They are normal but Neville never really checks.

Neville is a scientist and has a lab in his basement. It's unclear if he made it in the 3 years since the outbreak or if it was there before. I'm guessing that he built it somehow though. He is trying to find a cure for the infected. So he has this zombie woman sedated and injects her with one of his test vaccines earlier.

So now Neville, the woman and kid are inside his house and they hear noises outside. The dark walkers had followed them back and knew where Neville lived. So they start attacking... They break into his house and force Neville and co. into the lab. There is a glassed off area where Neville was keeping the sedated zombie. They hide there and the dark walkers break into the lab. The leader start headbutting the glass and it starts to crack. In the meantime, they notice that the zombie woman was starting to turn back to normal.

The other dark walkers don't care and keep breaking the glass. Neville takes a sample from the zombie woman and gives it to the woman. He has them hid in what looks like a tunnel into the sewer or something. Neville then pulls out a grenade as ad the glass breaks runs towards the leader. Grenade goes off and lab explodes, killing all of the dark walkers.

Somehow the woman and kid swim off the island, get a brand new Ford Explorer with roof rack and full of supplies and heads to Vermont where there was supposed to be some colony. She makes it there and hand the vaccine over. So, Nevilles legend is that he created a cure. More exciting and more hopeful but not the same as the book.

QuickStrike
12-19-07, 18:37
The CGI could have been better. Maybe if they used make up instead of CGI...

A decent flick.

SuicideHz
12-19-07, 18:56
They're Zomb-pires. :p They mixed the two type of dead that were in the book. One was the reanimation of the dead. They had been dead before the outbreak. These were dumb zombie like since they only had limited thinking. Then there were the ones who got sick and died. Those somehow kept their memories. Although the movie seem to only depict the dead ones.

Good book but a bit anticlimactic. Movie was pretty good but the ending was too hopeful.

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2007/wb/iamlegend/setpic2.jpg

14.5 or 16" there? He's got a magwell grip but no chicken wing! way to go will!

And thanks very much for putting the spoilers WITH an alert and then muting the color. That always helps. I was able to skip right over it. I had to ask in another thread about posting spoiler alerts...

Jeffy
12-19-07, 19:12
The CGI could have been better. Maybe if they used make up instead of CGI...

A decent flick.

I think one of the problems that made the CGI look worse then it really was was that the dark walkers had no texture to their skin and no hair so the skin was pulled tight. There weren't any scars or wounds to give it depth.

14.5 or 16" there? He's got a magwell grip but no chicken wing! way to go will!

And thanks very much for putting the spoilers WITH an alert and then muting the color. That always helps. I was able to skip right over it. I had to ask in another thread about posting spoiler alerts...

It sure looks like a 16". No, rear BUIS either.

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1183734/photo_14_hires.jpg

I've hear they had to cut a lot of the movie for time. I'm hoping the DVD will include an extended edition. I'd love to see a longer Bank scene.

SuicideHz
12-19-07, 19:13
No rear? KAC 300m?

variablebinary
12-19-07, 19:35
No rear? KAC 300m?

I didnt notice any BUIS in the film, no. Just the ACOG TA33...I think

Jeffy
12-19-07, 19:44
No rear? KAC 300m?

It doesn't look like it.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l234/juicynewsblog/Will.jpghttp://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l234/juicynewsblog/willie.jpg

Things sure have changed since this though.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070118/omega_l.jpg

KDG
12-19-07, 20:38
In the sneak previews the weapons trainer said that they disregarded safe handling techiniques because in this world there was no one to worry about flagging.
The only things he would encounter would be enemies.

Whytep38
12-20-07, 08:44
If you look closely, you'll see on Smith's AR that the upper's finish doesn't exactly match the lower. I'm guessing the anodizing wasn't done right, plus there's a slight gap between the upper and lower, so he's probably carrying a police department Bushie. :eek: :D

Actually, it was nice to see an AR being used in the hero's role for a change. I think the movie director did at least a decent amount of research to get things right, or close enough to it. I also seem to recall that Smith exercised good finger control, that is, keeping his finger off the trigger until ready to shoot. That's something I don't see much of from Hollywood.

Considering how much ammo Smith went through and his circumstances, I was suprised he didn't utilize mag couplers. But overall, I thought the movie presented the AR pretty well.

rhino
12-20-07, 16:44
Was that a Karl Gustov "Swedish K" SMG that Charleton Heston, aka "the Man," had in "Omega Man"?

Gotta love his old school weapon light too.

Jeffy
12-20-07, 17:40
Was that a Karl Gustov "Swedish K" SMG that Charleton Heston, aka "the Man," had in "Omega Man"?

Gotta love his old school weapon light too.

Actually it's a S&W M76

http://www.yourprops.com/norm-42609499e195e-Omega+Man%2C+The+%281971%29.jpeg
http://www.night-lab.com/blog/omegaman.jpg

SuicideHz
12-20-07, 17:51
I didnt notice any BUIS in the film, no. Just the ACOG TA33...I think

I don't think that's a 33, is it? Did you mean 31? I can't see fiber optics on it...

Now I see the light gatherer. It's probably a 31 of some flavor.

I love his rail panels. ICK. This adds to the Bushy theory.

TOrrock
12-20-07, 17:52
I don't think that's a 33, is it? Did you mean 31? I can't see fiber optics on it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/536145186_dfbe1d6787_o.jpg

rhino
12-21-07, 01:35
Actually it's a S&W M76

Thanks!

rhino
12-23-07, 21:20
I saw the movie today. I was not disappointed, but it was not what I expected. It seemed much more a remake of "Omega Man" than an adaptation of I Am Legend.

Now, forgive me if someone else mentioned this already, but did anyone notice anything odd about the weapon light on Neville's rifle(s)?

When he was using the light, it was always mounted on the right side of the forearm. When he was not using the light, it was always mounted on the left side! What's up with that? Perhaps the prop with a working light was inadvertantly configured differently that the other prop?

Jeffy
12-23-07, 21:40
I saw the movie today. I was not disappointed, but it was not what I expected. It seemed much more a remake of "Omega Man" than an adaptation of I Am Legend.

Now, forgive me if someone else mentioned this already, but did anyone notice anything odd about the weapon light on Neville's rifle(s)?

When he was using the light, it was always mounted on the right side of the forearm. When he was not using the light, it was always mounted on the left side! What's up with that? Perhaps the prop with a working light was inadvertantly configured differently that the other prop?

Hmm, I didn't think it was like Omega Man. I felt the themes were closer to the book. There were a LOT of things that date the book that they couldn't use. Same goes for the Omega Man. The movie could have been much worse I think if they went with Arnold like they were originally going to do in 1997. (it's been in the works that long.)

I didn't really notice the surefire. He had two or three M4A1's in the house but I think only one had the light. Now that I look at picts, it does switch sides. In the bank is was on the right but when he's walking around the city it's on the left. Actually you can see it switch in the picts in this thread. Could be a mistake on the part of the Armorer or there may have been an ascetic reason.

Razoreye
12-25-07, 10:27
I can’t believe there isn’t a thread on this already, but Will Smith's "I am Legend" AR15 seemed to be perfectly conceived for a SHTF weapon.

Adjustable stock
"Tactical" light
Low level fixed power magnification for simplicity, keeping distance, target identification at range, and general surveillance.

It was pretty much everything a person of practicality would need in a SHTF situation. It wont be long till Robert Neville AR15 clones start popping up in picture threads

On a side note, notice the tactics of Will Smith throughout the movie. Evade, run and avoid fights whenever possible.

Why did he have a stock on it? It's not like he ever used it. :rolleyes: Great tactics.

Kravin Moorehead
12-26-07, 08:51

Adjustable stock
"Tactical" light

I plan on building something very similar to this set-up with my re-enlistment bonus. ($25K)

I_AM_LEGEND
12-27-07, 01:54
I saw the movie so discuss all you want but please don't drop spoilers from the book, I just started reading it today.... If you do, put Movie or Book Spoiler in caps up top...

as far as tactics or equipment best suited for killing zombies, survivalism, dooms-dayers or disaster preparation, check out the forum at www.zombiehunters.org.... It's not as retarded as it might sound and there's some kool guys on there with lots of good info and interesting threads...

Liquid Rhino
12-27-07, 13:53
They're Zomb-pires. :p

As opposed to Vam-bies? ;)

Business_Casual
12-28-07, 09:20
All this chatter about the ACOG and no one noticed the reticle was from a PSO or PSOP and had no illumination?

M_P

Jeffy
12-28-07, 13:42
All this chatter about the ACOG and no one noticed the reticle was from a PSO or PSOP and had no illumination?

M_P

Probably had something to do with copyrights and/or the director just liked it. The ACOG's reticle is pretty small and probably wouldn't have been noticeable.

Business_Casual
12-28-07, 15:26
Not my point, but thanks for the conjecture.

M_P

wild_wild_wes
12-30-07, 22:17
What type of QD weapon light was on Chuck's M76?

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070118/omega_l.jpg

http://www.night-lab.com/blog/omegaman.jpg

Because he took it off for outdoor ops!

Jeffy
12-30-07, 22:54
What type of QD weapon light was on Chuck's M76?

Because he took it off for outdoor ops!

I doubt they're very QD. :p

wild_wild_wes
12-30-07, 23:04
Take a close look at the ejection port. Many times in films during editing they will take a finished shot, and optically flip it right to left or vice versa, depending on the composition of the scene they want. This might explain the tac light being on either side.

ddemis
12-31-07, 03:18
Charleton heston did a bang up job of killing zombies in the Omega man, especialy the scene with him blasting the night stalkers through a Gen 1 night vision optic. I hope Smith did as good a job, havent seen it yet and can't wait!

Jeffy
12-31-07, 12:53
Charleton heston did a bang up job of killing zombies in the Omega man, especialy the scene with him blasting the night stalkers through a Gen 1 night vision optic. I hope Smith did as good a job, havent seen it yet and can't wait!

Well, the Omega Man was more of an action movie. That's why in the first incarnation of 'I am Legend' they casted Arnold as Robert Neville. Neville in the book isn't really action material but rather more of a regular guy.