PDA

View Full Version : My suppressed 10/22

Eurodriver
01-27-12, 15:02
This is what I've been mucking around with for a few months. It took a while but I finally decided I bought a 10/22 and I wanted it to look like a 10/22 which is why I avoided the archangel type stocks.

The PA Micro Dot is actually pretty nice and is right at home on a .22

Specs:
Barrel cut to 16.1" and threaded 1/2x28 with the front sight set back
Choate folding stock
Midwest Industries Rail
PA Micro Dot with Fixed base
Extended auto bolt release
Plastic recoil buffer/bolt stop

The only other thing I plan on doing is getting a new hammer to improve trigger pull. This is just going to be a cheap, fun plinker but the oem trigger really sucks for rapid fire.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4205/93929350.jpg
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8992/fold22.jpg

SeriousStudent
01-27-12, 22:19
You forgot to tell us all about the can, young Jedi. :D

And you still have money for school books? You must be buying them online.

QuietShootr
01-27-12, 22:57
hell, with the GI bill, Army College Fund, drill pay, and everything else, I had a hell of a lot more disposable money in college than I ever had since.

anthony1
01-28-12, 02:52
22lr supressed is awesome. I only have 1 suppressor, l just had all my barrels threaded for it. Have fun.

mkmckinley
01-28-12, 04:49
hell, with the GI bill, Army College Fund, drill pay, and everything else, I had a hell of a lot more disposable money in college than I ever had since.

If you're like me you do have more disposable income but it seems like less because your toys just keep getting more expensive.

Eurodiver what kind of can is that and how well does it work? I'm not very familiar with rimfire cans, do you get a lot of carbon back into the action like you do with centerfire?

Eurodriver
01-28-12, 06:41
Whoops

It is an AAC Pilot 2, the newer take-apart model. I haven't taken it apart yet but I only have about 1000 rounds through it.

I haven't noticed any difference in carbon fouling on either my P22 or this 10/22 whether its suppressed or not. There is definitely no issue with actual "gas" blowback in either one, obviously.

This is stupid quiet with standard velocity ammo.

Eurodriver
01-28-12, 06:44
You forgot to tell us all about the can, young Jedi. :D

And you still have money for school books? You must be buying them online.

I actually just got a huge back payment because the VA forgot to pay me my $500/mo "kicker" stiped to my GI Bill.

So like a good enlisted guy I bought a bunch of cool shit and put a little itty bit in savings. :neo:

mkmckinley
01-28-12, 06:55
Hell yeah, I'm about to enjoy the "you have one month to blow all your deployment savings on bullshit." Washington's new suppressor law isn't going to help my checking account much.

hotrodder636
01-28-12, 06:59
Hell yeah, I'm about to enjoy the "you have one month to blow all your deployment savings on bullshit." Washington's new suppressor law isn't going to help my checking account much.

New suppressor law?

Toyoland66
01-28-12, 07:49
Who chopped/ threaded your barrel? I keep thinking about doing that to mine.

Eurodriver
01-28-12, 07:52
Who chopped/ threaded your barrel? I keep thinking about doing that to mine.

JP Grips and Machine

96 SS
01-28-12, 13:58
New suppressor law?

Now instead of just being able to OWN the cans - they can legally USE them.