PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal SLR-108 & Global Trades SSR-85C

VA_Dinger
08-22-06, 11:30
Okay Templar, you got me interested.

What can you tell me about the SLR-108? Is it still suppose to be a true AKM? When is it going to be available?

How about the Global SSR-85C? Is it a true AKM?

TOrrock
08-22-06, 16:46
Okay Templar, you got me interested.

What can you tell me about the SLR-108? Is it still suppose to be a true AKM? When is it going to be available?

How about the Global SSR-85C? Is it a true AKM?

In my last conversation with the owner of Arsenal Inc., he told me that the SLR-107A1 will be available this year, meaning very late summer/fall, and that he thought the SLR-108 will be available next year.

The SLR-108 will be a true AKM with synthetic stocks (for parts count).

The SSR-85C's were not true AKM's....they used the heavier barrel and older style gas system of the AK-47 but on a stamped receiver....almost like an American made Chinese Type 56 rifle.

Global went through a rough couple of years concerning their builds. I've heard that they've gotten better recently, I hope so.

You might seriously consider one of the Vector AKM's........just ask that it is built on an Armory USA receiver. The one I just bought has really impressed me, especially as fas as pricing. If you get one with an East German side folder, you can very easily replace that with a fixed stock.

M4arc
08-22-06, 17:06
What is Arsenal Inc planning on releasing next month per their post on the MIGETA forum? The SLR-107A1? From the sounds of their post they might be releasing more than one model?

MIGETA (http://k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3692)

<You know I'm chomping at the bit for a SLR-108> :D

TOrrock
08-22-06, 17:12
If I were a betting man.......the two models would be the SLR-107A1 and the SLR-107A1R, one with rail, one without.

That's if I were a betting man.........:cool:

M4arc
08-22-06, 17:52
If I were a betting man.......the two models would be the SLR-107A1 and the SLR-107A1R, one with rail, one without.

That's if I were a betting man.........:cool:

POOP! :mad:

VA_Dinger
08-25-06, 16:03
The SLR-108 will be a true AKM with synthetic stocks (for parts count)...

This is exactly what I wanted to hear.

and that he thought the SLR-108 will be available next year.

This on the other hand, sucks the root.