PDA

View Full Version : So im selling my MP-15 need advise on where to get next AR online

devildogljb
01-28-12, 00:06
So im selling my ar this weekend for 900 bucks, hes paying for the transfer/background check(i know its not required but for my peace of mind i like to know who its going too) Its pretty much all standard internals. has a surefire m951 on it a ARMS 45c sir rail system on it magpul tr stock and miad grip also their bad lever throwing in a couple pmags. All the accessories are all from trading thanks to m4carbine.net and the other site(which is all its good for). I want to get a colt ar (nothing fancy just the standard m4 layout) but all the local gun stores around me have the prices way to high 1500. What the best place to get one online right now?

Evil Colt 6920
01-28-12, 00:13
www.gandrtactical.com

I dont think the website is up to date because of the recent SHOT Show but give him a call to check availabilty.

devildogljb
01-28-12, 00:16
well according to their site the one i want the 6920 is out of stock so i guess ill give them a call on Monday

sgtjosh
01-28-12, 00:18
G&R Tactical...

ucrt
01-28-12, 00:31

This is a little side track but...
I think most people aren't ready to buy a gun online when they think they are. The trick is being "prepared" to jump when you find a gun.

Get setup with a dealer ahead of time to receive the gun you order online, so when you find one, there isn't any delay.

Have the funds available to purchase when you find one.

Know exactly what you want. Changing your mind at the last minute on the phone is not going to make you happy. Pick the gun(s) that fit you needs and stick to those models.

Investigate the Vendor's track record ahead of time. Do this: Close your eyes and imagine you ordered your gun at an unknown dealer to save $27.55 and it has been 3-weeks since your card has been charged and you still don't have your gun....how much more would you pay now to have your gun?

Once all this is ready, have patience and start looking for the gun you want.

G&R Tactical and other M4C sponsors are a good places to look. I've learned that just because a Vendor's website states they are out of stock, give them a call to verify it, they may have just received an order and haven't updated their site yet.

But maybe it's just me...

blackgt85
01-28-12, 00:57
www.gandrtactical.com

I bought a BCM 16" Middy from Grant, and will buy my next BCM from Grant. You know he is a good guy to buy from when even on BCM's site it refers you to him.......

Justin

devildogljb
01-28-12, 01:47
www.gandrtactical.com

I bought a BCM 16" Middy from Grant, and will buy my next BCM from Grant. You know he is a good guy to buy from when even on BCM's site it refers you to him.......

Justin

ive heard alot of stuff about him but just never ordered any thing from him. And im guessing hes still in vegas so hopefully ill get to talk to him when he gets back

Beat Trash
01-28-12, 10:06
Grant owns G&R. You'll see him post often on this site. He spends a lot of time going to various places training, so he might not be in when you call.

He usually places a "best day to call" on his web site, about half way down on the right, if I remember. Tuesday is the day listed.

G&R is a Colt distributor, so if the 6920 isn't in stock, I'm sure more are enroute.

He also stocks BCM carbines. But for a basic carbine, the current pricing on Colt 6920's is hard to pass up.

Smash
01-28-12, 10:27
I know you stated you dont want to get fancy. But take time to decide if there are any basic add-ons you're going to want right away to save on shipping and to make it run as soon as you get it.

I know I want to use anything I buy the minute it gets delivered.

jmp45
01-28-12, 10:29
Can't go wrong with Grant, best way to contact is sales@GRTactical.com

krisjon
01-28-12, 11:52
Another recommendation for Grant.

Seems to always have the best deals on Colts (from what I've seen), is super knowledgeable and will work with you to get the set-up you want/need.

BCMaDdIcT13
01-28-12, 12:32
+1 for Grant @ G&RTactical. All around GTG.

fdxpilot
01-28-12, 14:55
When Grant was out of stock, this is where I got my 6920.

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/CO6920.aspx

Swstock
01-28-12, 15:03
Before I signed up here, I started buying here.

delta3tactical.com

The owner has been extremely helpful eventhough Im a newb.

Heavy Metal
01-28-12, 15:06
If Grant is out of stock, he likely won't stay that way very long. Give him and email.

NoveskeFan
01-28-12, 15:30
I ordered a BCM from Grant at G&R and can vouche for his great customer service. I also had him install a Noveske QD end plate and Geissele SSA trigger. I can also say that DSG Arms is a good outfit. I've ordered a ton of stuff from them without problem.

SpookyPistolero
01-28-12, 15:38
G & R was great re: the purchase of my 6720. Installed & staked a Noveske QD endplate for me for free, in fact. Sadly I couldn't talk him into installing the MOE trigger guard. (Local smiths charged $20! Brutal)

Grant is cheap, speedy, and helpful. A rare trio.

b_w_hlls
01-28-12, 15:44
+1 for G&R. After many purchases, Grant will get all of my business, as well as the business of the friends and family I've referred to him. Completely satisfied and FFL transfers were problem free.

Kokopelli
01-28-12, 15:51
Colt pricing has been very good for the last couple of months.. $950-$1050.. Ron

JackFanToM
01-28-12, 17:19
+1 for G&R Tactical

fdxpilot
01-28-12, 17:27
If Grant is out of stock, he likely won't stay that way very long. Give him and email.

At the time, he said he was only getting in a limited quantity and I was not on the short list, so I went to DSG for about $10 (after shipping) more. Nothing against Grant, as I have bought numerous things, including uppers and lowers from him.

TacMedic556
01-28-12, 21:08
gandrtactical.com

or bravocompanyusa.com

For Bravo's.....Grant also has Colt. Hopefully those are your choices if you are hanging out on M4C.

C4IGrant
01-28-12, 21:34
Wow! Thanks everyone for the plug.

It is true that we are out of the 6920, but have more on order and should be seeing them again soon.

C4

TehLlama
01-28-12, 21:55
Wow! Thanks everyone for the plug.

It is true that we are out of the 6920, but have more on order and should be seeing them again soon.

C4

Might I be the silly person and suggest that this might be a benefit - it's possible to wait until one of the two excellent 12.0 FSP handguard versions are in stock (the DD OmegaX or Centurion C4), and get one with that.

Ouroborous
01-29-12, 02:56
well according to their site the one i want the 6920 is out of stock so i guess ill give them a call on Monday

Why not order the 6920ca from Grant? It's in stock, and I believe he'll remove the bullet button for you if you're in a reasonable state. It also features the "M4carbine" roll mark which is pretty cool.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6920CA&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D6920ca%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html