PDA

View Full Version : First AR, thoughts?

opie610
01-28-12, 10:49
Just about to pull the trigger and order parts for my 1st AR and wanted to hear some thoughts on my choices.

BCM complete lower, A2 grip, Magpul CRV stock, Magpul reciever plate, And USGI trigger.

BCM complete upper, 16 inch mid length barrel, BCM bolt carrier group, Gunfighter M4 charging handle, A2 flash suppressor.

Troy Drop In Mid Length BattleRail.

Troy rear folding battle sight.

Magpul rail panels.

Eotech XPS2

Magpul MS3 sling.

And a boat load of P-Mags.

I would love to hear opinions about my choices good or bad.

Thanks for any advice
Opie610

rob_s
01-28-12, 11:10
Personal thing, but I'd stick with the MOE handguards until you identify a need for something else. Cheaper, and the savings can go towards ammo or a first class. Once you get some more range time and exposure to other handguards you can make a more informed choice.

FWIW, I don't think any of the drop-in rail systems are worth a shit. With products from Mount-N-Slot you can overcome any need to attach things to the MOE.

francobx22
01-28-12, 14:57
Just about to pull the trigger and order parts for my 1st AR and wanted to hear some thoughts on my choices.

BCM complete lower, A2 grip, Magpul CRV stock, Magpul reciever plate, And USGI trigger.

BCM complete upper, 16 inch mid length barrel, BCM bolt carrier group, Gunfighter M4 charging handle, A2 flash suppressor.

BCM is GTG, everything else is all preference - I would not worry about going crazy with adding stuff all over the place until you get more time with/on the weapon first. Assuming your new to this type of platform...

usmcvet
01-28-12, 19:26
Have you used a single point sling? If so run with it. I hate them so I wouldn't suggest the ASP Plate it sling. I like the Blue Force Gear slings. But that's MY preference. You will figure out yours.

The weapon is an excellent choice. I second the MOE handguards. That's what all my guns have now.