PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Running The New Hk 45CT? Or Hk C With Threaded Barrel

d90king
01-28-12, 11:48
I had a chance to run a Mk24 at a recent class down at Blackwater and haven't been able to get it off my WANT list. I know they are new, but wanted to see if anyone had had an opportunity to run one, and if so what were your thoughts... I was very impressed with the shoot ability of it and how little recoil the pistol had for a .45.

I was given A P30 V3 as a gift and am going to trade it towards a Hk 45C with a threaded barrel, so I thought I would see if anyone had any feedback on these. I know that they are excellent pistols, reliable, have good ergos and Hk's quality.

This will be a pistol that I run the shit out of, and I might even carry it from time to time when I get sick of my Glock/1911 rotation.

I know there are very few on the market so I might have to make do with a C with the threaded barrel which I am fine with. I wont be getting a suppressor right off the bat as I already have other NFA stuff to get wrapped up first.

Anyone have any thoughts on these?

This is what got my juices flowing :cool:
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/ca97af14.jpg

mrosamilia
01-28-12, 12:16
I currently have one and have had zero issues in 500 rounds. Gun just works like a sewing machine. Mine is factory I did not add the barrell later, also came with factory night sights.

mcmillanman5
01-28-12, 14:00
I had a chance to run a Mk24 at a recent class down at Blackwater and haven't been able to get it off my WANT list.

The HK45c is called the Mk24? What can were you using?

d90king
01-28-12, 14:16
The HK45c is called the Mk24? What can were you using?

The CT is what they use as the base on the new Mk24 issued to the boys from Va. This one had a KAC can, but if memory serves there are two cans used. I think the other can is a little smaller than the one I ran.

S-1
01-28-12, 16:14
The AAC Tirant-S is the can that's issued for the HK45C.

M4Guru
01-28-12, 16:43
The gun we shot at BW had the TiRant

d90king
01-28-12, 17:31
My bad... I swore it said KAC when LAV and I were looking at the can and Mk markings. Thanks for the correction. He did say that there were two cans for it... Are the both AAC?

willowofwisp
01-28-12, 18:37
D90 do you prefer the da/sa or lem?

one
01-28-12, 18:51
I've got an HK45 and 45C both with factory threaded barrels. The full size gun has survived two pistol classes, including LAV's. and had thousands beyond that. The 45C is slightly newer and has had well over 1k through it.

Both guns run 100% with and without a suppressor. I've been running a SWR HEMS II on them and am now waiting on clearance to pick up a full size TiRant.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/goddamnit/Handguns/IMG_0069.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/goddamnit/Handguns/HK45.jpg?t=1303028792

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/goddamnit/Handguns/HKUSP45C.jpg?t=1303023411

All of these pistols, as of this time, have been converted to the light LEM system for a trigger. The bottom one is, as you can see, my older HK USP45 compact.

Prior to all of this I had a full size USP tactical .45 and it ran great. But when I owned it I did not have a suppressor at that time.

d90king
01-29-12, 06:30
Just got back from spending about an hour with a Hk 45C without the threaded barrel and I'm not really sure that I want one after getting to really shoot one hard.

I didn't care for the safety on it, it forces me to grip the pistol to high. Due to my hands, the location and the size of the slide stop, I have to grip Hk's a little lower than I do on Glocks or 1911's.

On a P30 I can simply drop my thumb a tiny bit so that it rides on the rail which eliminates contact with the slide stop. With the external safety it forces my hands higher and results in interference and failure to lock back on empty. Obviously that is a no go. I have no issues modifying my grip slightly to shoot various pistols, but I do have a limit on how much I'm willing to modify it and in this case it crosses the line ever so slightly.

Great, great pistol, but I need to find out if the safety can be removed, or if they offer it without from the factory. If not it's a no go for me which is a shame.

d90king
01-29-12, 06:33
I've got an HK45 and 45C both with factory threaded barrels. The full size gun has survived two pistol classes, including LAV's. and had thousands beyond that. The 45C is slightly newer and has had well over 1k through it.

Both guns run 100% with and without a suppressor. I've been running a SWR HEMS II on them and am now waiting on clearance to pick up a full size TiRant.

Did you buy that pistol like that or did you remove the safety? If I can do that it solves my problem and I'll go back and grab one today!

d90king
01-29-12, 06:35
D90 do you prefer the da/sa or lem?

I am actually fine with both. I prefer the LEM but only slightly. This will not be replacing my Glocks for carry.

newyork
01-29-12, 10:39
You can remove the safety lever and have it da/sa or remove it while installing the LEM. I hated where the safety was too and converted my full size to LEM and love it. I haven't tried the compact but it can be converted just the same. It's been through a class and will see 2 more in the next couple months. So far I have about 1600 rds through my HK45.

mcmillanman5
01-29-12, 11:30
Thanks for the info guys, I learn something new here everyday.

Brad A
01-29-12, 12:09
D90, not sure I understand this. You state that you don't like the safety lever and was curious if it could be removed but then you state that you prefer LEM. If it is LEM then isn't the safety lever removed anyway? Thanks

Sensei
01-29-12, 13:33
I have both the HK45CT and HK45 in V1. My only problem is the trigger. The DA pull (especially for the CT) is oppressive if you are accustomed to Glock's, M&P's, or 1911. This means that I have to run the pistol cocked and locked to compete with my striker fired weapons. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of the HK safety / decocker in terms of it's size or function as I much prefer a 1911 or M&P style thumb safety.

I've considered running the lite LEM mod at the recommendation of LAV and a few other SME's. However, my initial impression with the original LEM in a P2000 was less than ideal. I found myself "cheating" on my draws by placing my finger on the trigger and starting to take up the huge slack about half way thru my press out (even before I acquired the front site in my target picture) - not a good training scar for someone who mainly carries a G19.

Thus, I've settled on the G19 or M&P with APEX DCAEK (or FSS&T for those with thumb safeties) over my HK's which I consider to be the most durable, accurate, and reliable production pistols on the market. I may send one of my HK's to APEX for one of their trigger clean-ups to see if I can regain my German fever.

d90king
01-29-12, 14:18
D90, not sure I understand this. You state that you don't like the safety lever and was curious if it could be removed but then you state that you prefer LEM. If it is LEM then isn't the safety lever removed anyway? Thanks

I wasn't sure if the LEM deleted the safety on these. If it does than that seems like the easiest solution. I'm not familiar with all of the variations on Hk's. I carry Glocks or 1911's...

Sensei
01-29-12, 14:20
I wasn't sure if the LEM deleted the safety on these. If it does than that seems like the easiest solution. I'm not familiar with all of the variations on Hk's. I carry Glocks or 1911's...

The LEM models have no safety and you remove the safety when installing an LEM kit.

newyork
01-29-12, 14:32
Also Patrick, when you convert leave original trigger return spring and main spring and you'll have the light LEM (approx 5.5 lbs)

Brad A
01-29-12, 15:06

OK. Thanks for clarifying.

d90king
01-30-12, 20:00
After running another 300 rounds through one today I went ahead and picked up a Hk 45C with night sights and 3 mags today. I plan on ordering a Hk45CT LEM too.

I really like this gun! It is a really nice shooting .45 and is a great size. Its actually smaller than the P30 and has a great overall feel and is a great shooter. Very accurate pistol for its size and very light recoil for a .45.

Overall a very solid pistol that I am very glad I added to the safe. It replaces some 1911's. that I wont miss a bit. :eek:

willowofwisp
01-30-12, 20:59
After running another 300 rounds through one today I went ahead and picked up a Hk 45C with night sights and 3 mags today. I plan on ordering a Hk45CT LEM too.

I really like this gun! It is a really nice shooting .45 and is a great size. Its actually smaller than the P30 and has a great overall feel and is a great shooter. Very accurate pistol for its size and very light recoil for a .45.

Overall a very solid pistol that I am very glad I added to the safe. It replaces some 1911's. that I wont miss a bit. :eek:

Now the wait for a Raven!

d90king
01-31-12, 06:36
Now the wait for a Raven!

Actually, it fits nicely in this holster :D

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/20df6027.jpg

d90king
01-31-12, 07:06
On a side note... What WML are you guys running on these? The X300 is to long :confused:

montrala
01-31-12, 07:54
On a side note... What WML are you guys running on these? The X300 is to long :confused:

Viridian C5L and X5L Gen2 works nice for HK45C. Also TLR-3. SF will have (sub-)compact version of X300 soon, but I think its size defies idea of carrying compact pistol.

PD Sgt.
01-31-12, 07:56

I am (still) waiting on the X300 compact to be released. Supposedly it will fit.

I have heard you can reverse the rail key in a TLR-1 and it will work when you tighten down the clamp, but I have not tried this. Several of the compact WMLs are supposed to work as well.

This is my only complaint about this pistol. If the rail was only 1 slot longer, full size WMLs would fit.

newyork
01-31-12, 08:01
It fits in a P30 holster?

montrala
01-31-12, 08:50

In light compatible holster it should. Light portion "masks" difference in front part of triggerguard. Slide is almost same dimensions. If light is mounted in same position then it is not a problem (this type of holster grips by the light).

warpigM-4
01-31-12, 09:01
I have been thinking of Buying a threaded barrel for My HK45c I have never owned a can but i am starting to get the bug the cheapest I have found the Barrel is 250 and then price of can and tax stamp UGHHHHHH!

one
01-31-12, 11:11
Did you buy that pistol like that or did you remove the safety? If I can do that it solves my problem and I'll go back and grab one today!

I'm sorry I missed coming back to this thread. I thought I was subscribed to it but somehow missed doing that.

Yes. I purchased all three pistols with the cocked and locked option. And I later converted all three, over time, to the light LEM configuration. While you can use the thumb safety with the LEM set up I never do, and doubt that very many others do either. It was the hassle of the thumb safety that led me to getting the LEM set up. So, in that, I'm just like you.

The only problem that I had encountered since was once I got rid of the thumb safety it allowed me to put my thumb too far forward and interfere with the slide stop. So I've been waiting for months now for HKparts to get in the slim slide stops for the P2000 gun. Once those are installed I should be running about the perfect .45 for me.

d90king
01-31-12, 13:37
This really is a very solid pistol, and its one that I'm glad I got turned onto at a class (another great benefit to training and taking classes, you get to shoot a lot of great guns and gear). :cool: It really is a perfect size (for me) for a .45 carry gun and I'm surprised how close in size it is to a G19. I'm also pleased with how well the gun handles recoil for a pistol of its size.

I am not moving on from Glock in any way, they will remain my everyday carry pistols, but I can definitely see this getting some use on a regular basis. It will probably be a 5-7k round a year gun. This alone is awesome because I got rid of some 1911's that wouldn't see that many rounds in a decade (don't worry I still have plenty of hard use 1911's :cool:)

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/69662034.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/e95d77ce.jpg

d90king
01-31-12, 13:39

Not made for it obviously but it is perfectly suitable for range work.

willowofwisp
01-31-12, 20:06
Have you tried the Heinie's yet? they make a pretty big difference over the stock mepros

trinydex
01-31-12, 20:28

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/goddamnit/Handguns/HK45.jpg?t=1303028792

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/goddamnit/Handguns/HKUSP45C.jpg?t=1303023411

All of these pistols, as of this time, have been converted to the light LEM system for a trigger. The bottom one is, as you can see, my older HK USP45 compact.

Prior to all of this I had a full size USP tactical .45 and it ran great. But when I owned it I did not have a suppressor at that time.
you have any shots of the sight picture with can?

d90king
01-31-12, 21:05
Have you tried the Heinie's yet? they make a pretty big difference over the stock mepros

No, but I will be. That is the one thing about Hk that pisses me off, (other than them hating us :p) I hate having to spend $125-$150 for sights on a $800-$1000 pistol, and then throw in the $40-$50 mags... Its kinda a let down.

I'm used to $50-$75 Glock sights and $20 mags :D A grand in mags and three hundred for sights for the Hk's blows, especially on a gun thats not your everyday carry gun.

I will say these sights are a metric, shit ton, better than the glow in the dark edition on the P30:rolleyes: But the Heines look really good, and will give me a familiar sight pic, consistent with my other handguns. Will definitely be adding to both pistols.

Its a good thing that the Hk is such a damn good pistol! :D

kgwld1
01-31-12, 21:53
i have a p30 with 65,000 rounds + through her and a hk 45 c with only about 4500 rounds through love both but my go to gun is the p30 yeah she looks old and worn but man shes a sweet shooter...i take that back there both sweet shooters....

one
01-31-12, 22:46
I don't have a pic with the can on at this time. The Heinie suppressor sights do see over the HEMS II from SWR. I'm confident they will with the TiRant as well.