PDA

View Full Version : M93...Opinions?

M1AG30
01-28-12, 16:24
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/rlknight_bucket/magpul-stock1.jpg

Looks like a good stock as far as adjustability ....anyone have any experience with them?

SpankMonkey
01-28-12, 17:27
Its a heavy stock. Overall a little hard to manipulate. But it's a strong stock.

Robb Jensen
01-28-12, 17:36
It's a dated design but was a good stock.

kartoffel
01-28-12, 18:27
While it looks cool, the mechanism is flimsy as heck. One good buttstroke or mortaring session will break it. I'm speculating here, but that may have been why Magpul dumped the design. Look at how many dang buttstock styles Magpul makes; there has got to be a good reason for them to have discontinued the robot leg.

Cesiumsponge
01-28-12, 18:49
I recall a thread with a linked video where someone tested a wide variety of buttstocks with a drop test and the M93 ended up ranking low (even last?). They used a length of weighted steel pipe to simulate the weight of a rifle with a fresh buttstock and fresh receiver extension, dropped from a consistent height for each model and recorded the results. There was going to be an extensive writeup on some blog. If anyone knows the video, please link to it, my Googlefu is weak.

I've never broken mine and it's mounted on a Remington 870, but I've never mortared it either. Magpul called it an experimental stock when they released it and ended up selling the design to Ergo, re-released as the F93. I don't know if they improved it. It feels solid, but I've heard accounts of folks saying the actual locking mechanism is wimpy and easy to break.