PDA

View Full Version : M&P9 striker broke

cqbdriver
01-28-12, 19:10
The striker on my M&P9 broke today. I have a little over 3300 rds through the pistol along with moderate dry fire.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/DSCN01283.JPG

This an early generation striker. I heard that they prone to breakage & had the newer striker available was a spare.

It has been good pistol with no trouble until now except for a crappy trigger, which APEX fixed. Hopefully, the newer designed striker will be more durable.

Clint
01-28-12, 19:15
I heard that they prone to breakage & had the newer striker available was a spare.

Hopefully, the newer designed striker will be more durable.

Good on you for doing the research and having critical spares.

I think S&W would replace the broken striker so you'll have that as your spare.

brushy bill
01-29-12, 10:29
They replaced mine after a phone call. Don't waste time with the email, just call. First class customer service. Sent me this and later fixed sporadic problem with dead trigger. Not sure what exactly they did, but repair order said something about the sear housing and problem was gone. Sent a shipping lablel and provided pretty fast turn. I was well pleased.

The Fish
01-29-12, 16:28
Definitely call them and ask for a new (free) striker.
Offer to send back the old one.I got a new one free BEFORE I had a breakage by saying it would let me continue using the pistol if I had a breakage in the future. Now I have the old one as a spare.

cqbdriver
01-29-12, 16:35
I'll give a call tomorrow & see if they'll send me one.

I fired the pistol today with my spare striker to make sure that there were no problems. I didn't expect any, but like to verify.

C4IGrant
01-29-12, 17:21
The striker on my M&P9 broke today. I have a little over 3300 rds through the pistol along with moderate dry fire.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/DSCN01283.JPG

This an early generation striker. I heard that they prone to breakage & had the newer striker available was a spare.

It has been good pistol with no trouble until now except for a crappy trigger, which APEX fixed. Hopefully, the newer designed striker will be more durable.

Cool. Yep, that is the old one that was prone to breaking with moderate dry firing. I am still running one though and have not broken it yet).
The new ones can be dry fired for over 70,000rds I think.

Call up S&W, they will replace it for you.

C4