PDA

View Full Version : Arms Tech Ltd. gas trap?

couch_potato
12-17-07, 19:00
Anybody know anything about these?

http://www.armstechltd.com/products.php?id=compak16

They use a gas trap instead of a gas block. Peter Kokalis wrote a big article for S.A.R. a few years back, and had a lot of good to say about the design and execution. I haven't heard anything from anybody else about them, since.

I have some suppressed S.B.R. projects in the works. I need a whole lot of reliability, and L.W.R.C. or another piston won't fit with what I'm doing.

jmart
12-17-07, 19:11
Threefeathers posts at TOS and here I believe recently. He knows the owner (Joe) from way back, he and one other guy over at TOS has an earlier model, before they adopted the gain twist poly rifling. Threefeathers speaks highly of the design, you might try PMing him w/questions.

dancetiger
12-18-07, 20:00
I have one of the later uppers with the gas chamber and gain twist in an 11" barrel. It has worked flawlessly. However, I have not used it with a suppressor. Check with Curt Lamana at Capitol Ordnance here in Arizona at 480-945-0242. He helped Joe with the design/development of it.

jmart
12-18-07, 20:03
I have one of the later uppers with the gas chamber and gain twist in an 11" barrel. It has worked flawlessly. However, I have not used it with a suppressor. Check with Curt Lamana at Capitol Ordnance here in Arizona at 480-945-0242. He helped Joe with the design/development of it.

Have you chrono'd it yet? If so, what loads, what velocity?

dancetiger
12-18-07, 20:12
No, I am sorry but my chronograph is busted at this time and it will be after the first of the year before I can do anymore testing. The upper has been very accurate with M193, 75 gr. TAP 5.56 Hornady and HSM.

jmart
12-18-07, 20:37
No, I am sorry but my chronograph is busted at this time and it will be after the first of the year before I can do anymore testing. The upper has been very accurate with M193, 75 gr. TAP 5.56 Hornady and HSM.

How far out have you shot the TAP? Is your barrel the GT 1 in 9"?

dancetiger
12-18-07, 22:02
About 50-60 yards is all I have shot it at this point. I had not intended to shoot it any further since it was to be a house gun. It has the 1 in 9".

jmart
12-18-07, 22:11
I first read about these a couple of years ago. When I asked around, nobody new anything of them, but at that time they weren't selling to civilians from what I understood. That has recently changed.

Kind of a neat idea, I'd just like to see more documented about them. I'm really interested in your chrono results, so when you do get your chrono back up and running, please post data here or PM me.

One last question, are you planning on getting their can?

Cheers.