PDA

View Full Version : Question about CQBSS

Arkansas
01-29-12, 15:57
You guys think these will be coming down in price any time soon? Is $2750 the cheapest you have seen?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=269931851

:confused:

TAZ
01-29-12, 16:07
I seriously doubt that you will see a lot of price movement on these in the near future. IMO these were not intended to target the civilian market so any sales they get there are an added bonus. Couple that with little to no real competition from the other high end makers and it's not looking good. Maybe if S&B or Premier get theirs out you might see some, but even then I doubt it. I think Leupold's move in the civilian market is going to be the Mk6 line up. They would be silly to drop the Mk8 down close to that line and cannibalize any of those sales.

Arkansas
01-29-12, 16:12
I seriously doubt that you will see a lot of price movement on these in the near future. IMO these were not intended to target the civilian market so any sales they get there are an added bonus. Couple that with little to no real competition from the other high end makers and it's not looking good. Maybe if S&B or Premier get theirs out you might see some, but even then I doubt it. I think Leupold's move in the civilian market is going to be the Mk6 line up. They would be silly to drop the Mk8 down close to that line and cannibalize any of those sales.

This is what I was thinking. I appreciate the feedback. What did you think about the second question?

TAZ
01-29-12, 16:21
No real clue. I was excited about the 1-8 when the rumors first started to fly, but when the price was announced I pretty much stopped looking. No way on this earth that I could even consider dropping that kind of coin on a scope, or anything gun related right now. I solved by problem by reallocating the RMR intended for my Glock and putting it in an offset mount. $60 spent on a LaRue ring half was more my speed. Sorry..

bp7178
01-29-12, 16:29
Last I heard, S&B's 1-8x is going to be in the $3,500 range, not the $2,500 as originally thought.

If that is the case, I wouldn't expect Leupold's price to go anywhere.

Leupold has the Mark 6 coming out, which looks to be $1500-1800 and is probably a better option given the limited exit pupil of the 1-8x scopes.

There are LE/Mil discounts to be had on the CQBSS if that applies to you.

But $2750 is the cheapest I've seen, and is the old LE/Mil price when they were $4,000.

Arkansas
01-29-12, 16:37
Last I heard, S&B's 1-8x is going to be in the $3,500 range, not the $2,500 as originally thought.

If that is the case, I wouldn't expect Leupold's price to go anywhere.

Leupold has the Mark 6 coming out, which looks to be $1500-1800 and is probably a better option given the limited exit pupil of the 1-8x scopes.

There are LE/Mil discounts to be had on the CQBSS if that applies to you.

But $2750 is the cheapest I've seen, and is the old LE/Mil price when they were $4,000.

Thanks man. I really want the 8x, don't ask me why, but I just can't settle for less right now. It is going on a Scar-H.

bp7178
01-29-12, 16:50
I would consider a 2.5-10x or even a 3-9x with a RMR/RDS on an offset if you didn't want to wait.

Arkansas
01-29-12, 19:11
I would consider a 2.5-10x or even a 3-9x with a RMR/RDS on an offset if you didn't want to wait.

You know, I will start looking at that option. I do like RMR/RDS sites. Thanks

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-29-12, 20:49
Google Leupold Mk6 at shot show its what you want its like the CQBSS but it cost half the price.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-29-12, 22:17
Google Leupold Mk6 at shot show its what you want its like the CQBSS but it cost half the price.

And a daylit reticle....

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-29-12, 22:26
And a daylit reticle....

You will have to google it I dont know the awnser to that. KevinB might know he has been testing one.

trinydex
01-30-12, 02:16
Kyle lamb made a point to highlight the daylight visible red dot in his coverage at shot show

Arkansas
01-30-12, 07:41
Kyle lamb made a point to highlight the daylight visible red dot in his coverage at shot show

So the CQBSS 1.1-8x is not daylight illum? That is pretty stupid IMO.

Titleist
01-30-12, 08:51
So the CQBSS 1.1-8x is not daylight illum? That is pretty stupid IMO.

There are two versions. The tmr version doesn't have an illuminated reticle. The Horus version does.

Arkansas
01-30-12, 09:17
There are two versions. The tmr version doesn't have an illuminated reticle. The Horus version does.

I can't believe the TMR version is not illuminated. I prefer the TMR over the horus, but I did want it to be illuminated. Thanks Titleist

Titleist
01-30-12, 09:23
I would agree, TMR with an illuminated dot would be a winner.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-30-12, 09:29
I cant wait for the Mk6 with the H58 dont want lum dont need it.

bp7178
01-30-12, 09:46
Both versions are illuminated. The Horus one is said to have some type of "holographic" technology, which causes the circle dot to light up.

IIRC, not the whole TMR lights, just the center crosshairs.

Only the Horus one is daylight bright.

Arkansas
01-30-12, 09:58
Both versions are illuminated. The Horus one is said to have some type of "holographic" technology, which causes the circle dot to light up.

IIRC, not the whole TMR lights, just the center crosshairs.

Only the Horus one is daylight bright.

Interesting. Can't believe that the TMR is not daylight bright. Are they working on fixing that? The MK6 looks cool, but I need more magnification!

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-30-12, 10:09
Interesting. Can't believe that the TMR is not daylight bright. Are they working on fixing that? The MK6 looks cool, but I need more magnification!

You need more than 1-6? what are you looking to do? I run a 1-4 and have no issue out to 800M. More power would be nice but weight is a factor in my selections.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-30-12, 10:14
You know I think I saw a used one on warrior talk like a week ago for alot less.

bp7178
01-30-12, 10:15
The other issue is the limited exit pupil gives way to eye box issues.

The TMR and Horus use a different technology to illuminate. I'm guessing the TMR wasn't required to have daylight illumination by its main buyer, the USMC.

Arkansas
01-30-12, 10:30
You need more than 1-6? what are you looking to do? I run a 1-4 and have no issue out to 800M. More power would be nice but weight is a factor in my selections.

It will be going on my Scar Heavy. I need more magnification for hog hunting. Shot placement is crucial in some of the areas I hunt. It will also be my SHTF go to gun.

wilshire1412
01-30-12, 11:05
I have read a rumor in the 2012 SHOT photos section that the CQBSS is supposed to drop in price.

I am getting ready to purchase the H27 version, it would be nice to know if they are really going to be less before spending a small fortune on one.

Somewhere a while back I found what was apparently dealer pricing on the H27 version, it was $3600 and some change.

I have not seen a price online that was any less than $4100.

Arkansas
01-30-12, 11:23
I have read a rumor in the 2012 SHOT photos section that the CQBSS is supposed to drop in price.

I am getting ready to purchase the H27 version, it would be nice to know if they are really going to be less before spending a small fortune on one.

Somewhere a while back I found what was apparently dealer pricing on the H27 version, it was $3600 and some change.

I have not seen a price online that was any less than $4100.

Will you keep me updated if you hear/read anything? I am very curious if these will get cheaper. Guess I will be holding off again....

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-31-12, 20:59

I called Leupold last year and they said that they were working on a mod to the illumination system for the CQBSS with TMR to make it Daylit. Haven't called back to see if it is a reality.

It is lit now, just not day light bright- makes the reticle hard to pick out on busy backgrounds (like scrub brush).

That 1-6 with the horshoe looks like a real winner. That horseshoe looks like a nice aim point in 1x mode.

bp7178
02-01-12, 00:13
I had a CMR2 in a Mark IV and I wasn't a fan. The horseshoe was very cramped...Trijicon's horseshoe was much better.

I haven't seen a pic of the new Mark 6 reticle, hopefully it's improved.

TehLlama
02-01-12, 00:22
I'd like the MkIV TMR with a simple illuminated dot.

Arkansas
02-01-12, 10:45
I called Leupold last year and they said that they were working on a mod to the illumination system for the CQBSS with TMR to make it Daylit. Haven't called back to see if it is a reality.

It is lit now, just not day light bright- makes the reticle hard to pick out on busy backgrounds (like scrub brush).

That 1-6 with the horshoe looks like a real winner. That horseshoe looks like a nice aim point in 1x mode.

Hmmmm.... I guess I would have to see one during the day to make the call. Thanks man. Appreciate your insight.

USGILT
02-09-12, 16:00
So if the M-TMR model includes the AA53 MK262 Mod 1 5.56mm BDC dial, and the H-27D model includes the M118LR 7.62mm BDC dial are these BDC dials interchangeable on the MK8 CQBSS series?

Anyone know based on which reticle type you have if you can order a different dial from the Leupold custom shop?

USGILT
02-15-12, 11:26
Just talked to Leupold -

The following ballistic rings for the MK8 CQBSS are available:
DIAL, ELEVATION,.1 MIL, 7.62mm, 175gr, M118LR, METERS, MATTE
DIAL, ELEVATION, .1 MIL, 5.56mm, Mk262 Mod 1 DODIC AA53, BDC (USMC Data)
DIAL, ELEVATION, 5.56 mm, 70 gr, 14.5 in, METERS, CQBSS, MATTE
DIAL, BDC, ELEVATION, 5.56mm, 77 gr, 14.5 In, CQBSS, MATTE

krm375
06-05-12, 14:57
Looks like the CQBSS is dropping the MSRP on the 1.1-8 for 2012. They will now start at 2999.00.

TehLlama
06-05-12, 15:59
I noticed that news, and I'm wondering if that's a reaction to competition being around, the fruition of their various efficiency improvements, or what.

Also, this leads me to believe that the Mk6 might actually be under $2000 WITH the features we all want from it. Unfortunately, I don't see much gain in sustainable sales with the new $3k MSRP on the Mk8.

krm375
06-06-12, 10:18
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3362339&gonew=1#UNREAD

Borrowed this from Snipers Hide, a Leupold press release on the CQBSS as to why they have lowered the price.
Probably has a little to do with the S&B and PR are about to release their 1-8 as well.

krm375
06-14-12, 13:59
For those running the CQBSS, what mount are you using? The Leupold or others?